Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Foundation Spam

So if foundation spam is your answer for landowners... is that why they aren't blocking resources?  Pretty annoying with shrubs covering the entire inside of a base.

Foundation spam has been the answer for the last 4,5 years. But again, it can never be good. If they stop blocking resources you have more people complaining here because they don’t have any resources to harvest. 

Yes foundation spam will be an issue blocking resources. Sadly sounds like the old Conan, Ark stupid way of playing.

Guess this one is out until they fix that.

15 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

So if foundation spam is your answer for landowners... is that why they aren't blocking resources?  Pretty annoying with shrubs covering the entire inside of a base.

You don't want foundations blocking resources.  That would be just one more resource for griefers to use.  Go into an island find the resources, mine them, and place a foundation down to block them from respawning.  Owners log back in later, hopeing to get work done, and there are no resources to be had.   I would also like to see foundation unable to placed anywhere near the rare resources, like the half dozen metal nodes on an island, etc..

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

Foundation spam has been the answer for the last 4,5 years. But again, it can never be good. If they stop blocking resources you have more people complaining here because they don’t have any resources to harvest. 

I will never understand why the more rare resources don't block foundations like an enemy foundation will...even after it has been mined.  In a game that depends on resources, it makes no sense to allow those resources to be blocked, or removed from gameplay by somebody building on top of them.  Would be different if they spawned randomly around the islands, but they do not, so they should block you from building on top of them.

cant do it when they patch if you do there will be a hefty cost daily to upkeep your crap. Then again arkh never fixed it ...

Edited by Luxfere

15 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

You don't want foundations blocking resources.  That would be just one more resource for griefers to use.  Go into an island find the resources, mine them, and place a foundation down to block them from respawning.  Owners log back in later, hopeing to get work done, and there are no resources to be had.   I would also like to see foundation unable to placed anywhere near the rare resources, like the half dozen metal nodes on an island, etc..

I will never understand why the more rare resources don't block foundations like an enemy foundation will...even after it has been mined.  In a game that depends on resources, it makes no sense to allow those resources to be blocked, or removed from gameplay by somebody building on top of them.  Would be different if they spawned randomly around the islands, but they do not, so they should block you from building on top of them.

Just ‘no placement’ zones on every island and around rare stuff. That’s what would solve a lot of things. 

• Like 1

Caps for for structures per company, along with increased decay for exposed structures, with the increase being exponential with fewer snap points being unitized, would also help.  But this increases the code, and likely the lag.  So again, giving you a flag, and all structures must be inside that flag, would help.  Companies could have up to four flags, with no more than two groups.  In other words, this gives the ability to make a port base and an inland base.  All other structures decay with no ability to repair.  Spamming foundation structures could also be made to be against the rules, and cause for having all company structures deleted.  That would stop people from doing it.  Owners could get a message that there are such structures, and given the option to delete them, to guard against insiders griefing your company.  Such structures that are not deleted, would be subject to moderator action.  Warnings, all the way to Company deletion, could be used to combat this.

Just don't see why this is necessary on PvE.  It just reinforces that antisocial behavior is not limited to PvP.

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Just ‘no placement’ zones on every island and around rare stuff. That’s what would solve a lot of things. 

True, but I do think that a less cumbersome method would be to have flags that you can place, like the old flags, and those would be the size of the old water claims.  The max should be about four, but they could decide this based on making some test builds to see just how much room a 50 man company actually needs to house all of their equipment, etc..

I think the size can also be reduced by making larger storage containers.  The vaults in ARK held 600 items.  We need something like that.  The resource boxes do help, as do the ammo boxes for ships, but an ammo box for personal weapon ammo, and larger vaults for things such as weapons and armor, would help.  In addition, a similar box for things such as building and ship parts, that have the same stats, to stack in much larger stacks, would help.  Anything that helps reduce the need for large bases would help.

They could fix this by not allowing "everyone to build"................. gotta pick berries to get through an hallway... just kinda dumb all im saying... I get why its that way...