Sign in to follow this  
photek

(PTR) New Game Mode CTF? (Capture The Flag)

i keep my 50 cents short but i want to know what you think:

Islands:

claiming (re-claiming) an island is too fast

it took only 10 minutes to reclaim a claimed island.

if you lose your flag you could re-claim it again after you got wiped from your island. you have to build up on laweless again (or a peaceful island) and capture/reclaim your island/flag in

that timewindow while attacks are allowed. (at that moment the wartime is over, you are pretty much wiped from your island bc owner can attack everytime.)  (find more ppl, make ally and attack back in a few days, weeks)

that's how gameplay would look like

and the only thing to stop ppl from claiming your island is to secure the flag radius hard 24/7. wich brings us to the...

Flags: (facts)

it is possible to move the claimflag, so no fixed location (first flag does not set location)

on a big island pretty hard to find (press H you see red radius)

on a island with freaking high rocks almost impossible to capture/claim if you have placed your flag up there  (bc you have to place the flag near the other flag, on high rocks no space and cant rly climb up, cant built up if blocked by enemy floor, cant place cannons etc.)

so we need a height lmitation on placing flags and a change in time for the claiming process (11 minutes now) because if you don't have time to defend why even play, 20-60 minutes at least that's my thought.

Yes there is so many issues with the flag system, however i am starting to wonder if it would be best to just keep the old system and fix it.

The more suggestions you bring to the table the more the devs dont listen to well. So its best not to even go there. Let them design their own failed system.

I am hearing more and more are not even in PTR yet.

5 hours ago, photek said:

i keep my 50 cents short but i want to know what you think:

Islands:

claiming (re-claiming) an island is too fast

it took only 10 minutes to reclaim a claimed island.

if you lose your flag you could re-claim it again after you got wiped from your island. you have to build up on laweless again (or a peaceful island) and capture/reclaim your island/flag in

that timewindow while attacks are allowed. (at that moment the wartime is over, you are pretty much wiped from your island bc owner can attack everytime.)  (find more ppl, make ally and attack back in a few days, weeks)

that's how gameplay would look like

and the only thing to stop ppl from claiming your island is to secure the flag radius hard 24/7. wich brings us to the...

Flags: (facts)

it is possible to move the claimflag, so no fixed location (first flag does not set location)

on a big island pretty hard to find (press H you see red radius)

on a island with freaking high rocks almost impossible to capture/claim if you have placed your flag up there  (bc you have to place the flag near the other flag, on high rocks no space and cant rly climb up, cant built up if blocked by enemy floor, cant place cannons etc.)

so we need a height lmitation on placing flags and a change in time for the claiming process (11 minutes now) because if you don't have time to defend why even play, 20-60 minutes at least that's my thought.

Sounds like the people you were trying to steal from are very smart. Try being like them

5 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Yes there is so many issues with the flag system, however i am starting to wonder if it would be best to just keep the old system and fix it.

The more suggestions you bring to the table the more the devs dont listen to well. So its best not to even go there. Let them design their own failed system.

They should just get rid of flags completely and have free build anywhere. Especially if we are talking pvp. Foundation spam doesn’t matter on pvp.

they made a big mistake making pve build anywhere and pvp with those stupid flags 😂

it really needs to be the opposite. Pve with those stupid flags and pvp as build anywhere. Smh can’t believe they didn’t do that.

disabling flags on private servers works wonderful, now that they have a testserver they should try it soon.

56 minutes ago, Linea said:

disabling flags on private servers works wonderful, now that they have a testserver they should try it soon.

Yes but the problem with private servers is the player count where as Official had 10x more in one grid. So there had to be a system they could use. Not sure what unofficial you play on but if its pvp, and its hardcore all the time, do share for us... because there isnt much going on elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Until now less big problems I have heard, only some ‘tweaking’ to do like OP suggests and the fact anyone can place x amount of structures on the island. 

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Sounds like the people you were trying to steal from are very smart. Try being like them

this never happens but yeah imagination is everything. but it will.