zottel

Dumb question

So with the PVE changes u can claim an Island by First Building a Tax Bank And then a flag right ? If we get a 12 Hour demolish Timer as Land Lords what Happens with buildings Build before anyone claimed the Land? Does it Give u the Option to demolish then or would the stuff be out of the 12 Hour Timer then?

very good question indeed , we shall all find out once ptr goes live ,

id guess the 12 hour timer starts once the island is claimed then the landlord can go around cleaning up for the long haul ...if this doesnt happen the system wont work as the islands will be pillar spammed to death from day one there has to be a chance for the landlord to clean up

Edited by UDO

I'd be surprised if the 12 hour timer is retroactive. THe Captain's Log 23 indicates it is 12 hours from when the structure is placed, not the flag. Yes there is likely to be cases where some island will get spammed from the start before someone manages to claim the island, and therefore 12 hours later if the island is not claimed those structures cannot be destroyed by settlement owner.

But, if it was retroactive, you could have people that build a base for several days, then someone comes along and claims the island making all structures demolishable for 12 hours? It's unlikely they would do that.

• Like 1

They may have it setup to where your not able to build until there is a landlord. I would say that won’t be a issue because most of the time the 1st person on the island will have already placed a claim flag, now I’m gonna assume once they place the flag there will be a decay timer that starts and you’ll need to have your upkeep bank built within that time period in order to keep the flag.  

As far as structures go, the 12 hour window is for pvp, they already stated they would probably increase it for pve. I read somewhere it may be 72 hours now I don’t know if that was a official post or something I caught in discord, Twitter or forums that someone else said they heard that because there is no pvp possible way to destroy abandoned structures.  Even so a 12 hour window can’t work for pve unless mega companies own the islands and the claim belongs to the company and not the individual meaning that anyone in that company can destroy your stuff.

They already said there would be a upkeep cost on player structures and you’ll have to render ships in order to keep them from decaying but how fast of a decay anything will have is still up in the air.

I know a week trying to test the new system is not enough time especially if it’s a full 15 x 15 grid because as of right now there is not enough players to give it a good stress test and find out the issues.

Now of course it doesn’t really make any difference because it will either work for awhile and change again or it won’t and they will have to come up with something different.  It would have been nice to have small grids of 2x2 and setup different ideas for people to test then vote on which they preferred to be the basis of the game but a week with low members will still not give a unbiased opinion.

Be nice to the Chinese I'd say because now the flags are gone they will no doubt dominate most of the islands as there is no more flags apart from the 1 to claim an island. Do your research now in where you want to be, sail around and find a good spot so when you first start the game you can sail straight to it and get your buildings down.

I asked on Discord about the timer for landlords and yes they did state 12hrs but what if you have built some structures and the landlord no longer wants you or wants to troll so he/she demolishes anything new you decide to place down? I can see problems ahead but I suppose we've all got to try it out before they can change things around.

I have no intentions of playing PVP, I will stick to PVE and hope I find a nice island with some nice landlord. I just wish they would keep the alliance feature of the game so we can help each other, maybe they will do something different in that area who knows.

42 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Be nice to the Chinese I'd say because now the flags are gone they will no doubt dominate most of the islands as there is no more flags apart from the 1 to claim an island. Do your research now in where you want to be, sail around and find a good spot so when you first start the game you can sail straight to it and get your buildings down.

I asked on Discord about the timer for landlords and yes they did state 12hrs but what if you have built some structures and the landlord no longer wants you or wants to troll so he/she demolishes anything new you decide to place down? I can see problems ahead but I suppose we've all got to try it out before they can change things around.

I have no intentions of playing PVP, I will stick to PVE and hope I find a nice island with some nice landlord. I just wish they would keep the alliance feature of the game so we can help each other, maybe they will do something different in that area who knows.

You won't need to sail to islands, you will be able to spawn at any island besides golden age.

• Like 1

I don’t think he reads the patch notes, I even stated that the 12 hours was for pvp but they would probably extend the timer for pve. That’s from the patch notes or Captains Log

Considering your moaning about not playing Daemon I don't even know why you're here. You're right, I don't read all the patch notes, I don't have time to read through it all but just glance over them.

Edited by DannyUK

I play everyday Danny, can you say the same ? Perhaps your the one who should ask yourself why you are even here.

Don’t give me the crap about not having time to read the patch notes and Captains Log because if you got time to respond to post and read the forums then you have time. Furthermore anyone who is giving any advice to anyone should know what is actually happening in the game instead of just making it up because it sounds good.

You want to skim through topics and only read half of what people actually say then make a comment about it like your doing something, you better know what your commenting about. 

Daemon stop being a troll, see straight through you. I'm sorry you lost your flags but suck it up. Play or leave I couldn't care less. I'll be very happy playing again, I didn't buy into the game for a quick few months only to moan about server wipes. Go back to Ark. I have no more time for trolls such as yourself so i'll leave it there.