Empire, Colonies or PVE ?

Empire, Colonies or PVE ?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Empire, Colonies or PVE ?

• Empire
    • Colonies
    • PVE

How to counter the mega's joining the colony system and fucking it up: 

if you don't have a structure on the island you plan to attack befor the attack, the number of people justify the raid window. that would make things very hard on mega's. no matter their resolve to break the mechanics. most would say fuck it and leave them to their own thing.
<50 people raid = 9 hours raid window to attack the island. >120 people raid = 1 hour. 

Boom.

13 hours ago, Salty Del said:

I think that instead of referring to it just as PvE, they should instead call the PvE variant Adventure(s).

Or "Slave experience"

On 3/19/2019 at 11:40 PM, gnihar said:

And I sincerely hope circumventing the cap on colonies will be enforced by admins. Otherwise, Colonies will turn into zerg with x companies actually governed by 2 tribes which is toxic and the cause that many of 50k initial solo and small tribes left the game in the first place.

Circumventing the cap has been done in all of this companies games.

On 3/20/2019 at 2:17 AM, Enki Anunnaki said:

How to counter the mega's joining the colony system and fucking it up: 

if you don't have a structure on the island you plan to attack befor the attack, the number of people justify the raid window. that would make things very hard on mega's. no matter their resolve to break the mechanics. most would say fuck it and leave them to their own thing.
<50 people raid = 9 hours raid window to attack the island. >120 people raid = 1 hour. 

Boom.

That wouldn't stop a mega. Megas will just buy war tokens. Megas will just put up a shit shack for buildings.

The nine-hour PvP window proposed for the Colonies server isn't the best solution, but it isn't the worst either IMO. But, if we think about it, that model sort of screws over ..."Pacific regional players"... the most (you know, the ones who run 90% of the offline raids on US/EU PvP servers). I doubt that Grapeshot would bother trying to stand up Pacific PvP/PvE regional servers since it's unlikely many of the locals would actually play there anyway. So, how do you prevent offline raiding when half of your players' prime time is opposite the other half's? I don't have an answer - it's just an interesting predicament.

Empires is a no brainer especially if you are in some small company. Its basically a choice between freedom and shackles. Would you want to play a mode where your freedom of action is artificially limited, where your skills are deliberately handicapped, where no matter how much time and effort you put into the game it stalls your ability to be dominant?

Of course not, that is why you play Empires. Let the best man and the best team conquer the rest.

I hope that they dont change their mind again (cross the fingers), Grapeshot/Wildcard is unfortunately completely unreliable and unpredictable.