Sign in to follow this  
gumbyc

Great time period for the DEV's

23 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yep. Still planning on buying it. And you are definitely right, I haven’t spent money yet, just wait till I do. I will be a lot less lenient than I have been. I take my money seriously and I expect a business to act professionally.

There are no words, there are no words.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

There are no words, there are no words.

giphy.gif

There will be plenty of words don’t you worry about that. By the time December comes and it finally comes to console it would have been out for a year and I will be expecting a pretty well polished game. 

Mid a gaming company can’t smooth out their game in a year they are just pathetic. So yeah, can’t wait till it comes to console in a near perfect state(better be anyways)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Realist said:

There will be plenty of words don’t you worry about that. By the time December comes and it finally comes to console it would have been out for a year and I will be expecting a pretty well polished game. 

Mid a gaming company can’t smooth out their game in a year they are just pathetic. So yeah, can’t wait till it comes to console in a near perfect state(better be anyways)

Then why behave like it’s already December? 

9 hours ago, Realist said:

For somebody that apparently takes their money seriously and is expecting the game to 'not' be in a polished state (because lets face it we all know that's what you are expecting and hoping for) you say and do some of the stupidest things. Why would you use your money to buy something that you have no confidence in? You've trolled the devs and game all the way through ARK, you trolled all the players all the way through ARK, you've trolled the devs, and the game all the way through ATLAS and you've trolled all the players all the way through ATLAS, yet you take your money seriously by spending money on it even when you are expecting it to not be in a near perfect state?

Also lets just remind you, as you do everyone else, that when you finally get to spend your pennies in December or whenever it is, hopefully in 2020, it will still be in Early Access even on Xbox, and therefore you will NOT be playing the game you will be testing the game, so you should not be expecting a near perfect state as because at that point it will be halfway through Early Access and you will have paid to test the game nothing more. It should be at a near perfect state in late 2020, not when it comes to Xbox.

Also, by the time it comes to Xbox you will have a good idea of the state of the game from all the comments and feedback by PC players, and therefore you can then decide before spending your money whether it is worth it, because as you say you take your money seriously. But we all know that regardless of what state it is in when it comes to Xbox you'll buy it anyway so that you can troll the game. Which doesn't sound like someone that takes their money seriously.

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

Then why behave like it’s already December? 

I am in no way saying it needs to be perfect right now. I have been giving input on what I want in the game. Like wanting tames to have more of an emphasis. I liked that change. I like that they are adding a raid window. I like a few of the changes.

i will however let them know when I don’t think something was a good idea, or if I believe they made the wrong choice. 

It doesn’t need to be perfect right now. I do want them to either do things on time or give themselves a big enough window to make a deadline and there is nothing wrong with me wanting that. They didn’t have to say March 20th. They chose to say it. If the goal is unreachable then they need to plan accordingly and announce a more realistic deadline. 

Nothing I have said was me saying it need to be perfect right now. December is a whole year into ea though so yes I will expect things to be a lot better by then.

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

For somebody that apparently takes their money seriously and is expecting the game to 'not' be in a polished state (because lets face it we all know that's what you are expecting and hoping for) you say and do some of the stupidest things. Why would you use your money to buy something that you have no confidence in? You've trolled the devs and game all the way through ARK, you trolled all the players all the way through ARK, you've trolled the devs, and the game all the way through ATLAS and you've trolled all the players all the way through ATLAS, yet you take your money seriously by spending money on it even when you are expecting it to not be in a near perfect state?

Also lets just remind you, as you do everyone else, that when you finally get to spend your pennies in December or whenever it is, hopefully in 2020, it will still be in Early Access even on Xbox, and therefore you will NOT be playing the game you will be testing the game, so you should not be expecting a near perfect state as because at that point it will be halfway through Early Access and you will have paid to test the game nothing more. It should be at a near perfect state in late 2020, not when it comes to Xbox.

Also, by the time it comes to Xbox you will have a good idea of the state of the game from all the comments and feedback by PC players, and therefore you can then decide before spending your money whether it is worth it, because as you say you take your money seriously. But we all know that regardless of what state it is in when it comes to Xbox you'll buy it anyway so that you can troll the game. Which doesn't sound like someone that takes their money seriously.

First off you can say I am a troll all you want. It’s simpky not true.

yes, I will he buying the buddies. I have already stated earlier my buddies are planning on buying it and they want me to get it as well, so of course I will buy it. At first I told them no but I ended up agreeing to buy it with them.

yes, by December it needs to be in a near perfect state. The reason for that is because by the end of the two years it needs to be in a “perfect” state, so if they are planning on making their two year deadline(which is plenty of time) then yes, it needs to be in a near perfect state so they have the year to fine tune small things and guarantee that it will be in a perfect state by the end of 2020.

if they aren’t able to get that much done in the first year what makes them or anyone else think they will magically do a lot more in the second year. This first year should be getting rid of all major problems. The second year should be dealing with smaller problems and optimizations.

so yeah, at the very least I will expect all major issues to be dealt with in the first year. Once all major issues are gone then it will be in a near perfect state and they can work on the smaller, less noticeable problems.

it sounds like you are saying they are just lazy and not really going to do anything until the second year. A lot could and should be done within a year

24 minutes ago, Realist said:

First off you can say I am a troll all you want. It’s simpky not true.

yes, I will he buying the buddies. I have already stated earlier my buddies are planning on buying it and they want me to get it as well, so of course I will buy it. At first I told them no but I ended up agreeing to buy it with them.

yes, by December it needs to be in a near perfect state. The reason for that is because by the end of the two years it needs to be in a “perfect” state, so if they are planning on making their two year deadline(which is plenty of time) then yes, it needs to be in a near perfect state so they have the year to fine tune small things and guarantee that it will be in a perfect state by the end of 2020.

if they aren’t able to get that much done in the first year what makes them or anyone else think they will magically do a lot more in the second year. This first year should be getting rid of all major problems. The second year should be dealing with smaller problems and optimizations.

so yeah, at the very least I will expect all major issues to be dealt with in the first year. Once all major issues are gone then it will be in a near perfect state and they can work on the smaller, less noticeable problems.

it sounds like you are saying they are just lazy and not really going to do anything until the second year. A lot could and should be done within a year

I thought you are meant to be a "realist"?

Going by the experience of ARK, and the experience of Atlas thus far, your expectations don't seem to be an indication of realism.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I thought you are meant to be a "realist"?

Going by the experience of ARK, and the experience of Atlas thus far, your expectations don't seem to be an indication of realism.

Oh I am just saying what it should be and I what I expect it to be. I never said it would be that way, because realistically the ea process will take 3 years even though it shouldn’t.

i still have realism, but once again wanting something and it actually happening are to different things. It is the realist in me that doesn’t have confidence in this game. The other part of me wants the game to work out.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Oh I am just saying what it should be and I what I expect it to be. I never said it would be that way, because realistically the ea process will take 3 years even though it shouldn’t.

i still have realism, but once again wanting something and it actually happening are to different things. It is the realist in me that doesn’t have confidence in this game. The other part of me wants the game to work out.

Yet the realist in you doesn't have the confidence in the game or the dev team (I presume) yet after saying you take your money seriously you will still spend that money on something you have no confidence in. Therefore you do not take your money seriously.

5 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yet the realist in you doesn't have the confidence in the game or the dev team (I presume) yet after saying you take your money seriously you will still spend that money on something you have no confidence in. Therefore you do not take your money seriously.

Nope sorry. I am still reluctant but I do happen to take my friendships more seriously than even my money. So if they are going to get it then I will as well. Sometimes even doing something boring isn’t that boring when you are with friends.

if you have to spend the night in jail after drinking to much, as long as your buddies are in there with you it can end up being fun.

so yeah, my confidence in the game has nothing to do with it. If they end up deciding not to get it I definitely will not either.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

so yeah, my confidence in the game has nothing to do with it. If they end up deciding not to get it I definitely will not either.

So your friends control your decision making, got it! 👍

19 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

So your friends control your decision making, got it! 👍

Wow. That was pretty petty even for you man. Smh. 

Yeah most people play games with their friends lol

v23.2 makes my point. In part this fixes invisible SOTD ships. The other is the correction to the ship sails. IT WASN"T BROKEN. Why do they keep fixing stuff that's not broken and cause more problems.

I understand the process but hate the fact that they make dates then change them. It's like they don't know what they are doing. In the process they are pissing off a lot of players. I have over 648 hours on Atlas and gave up ARK for it with over 6600 hours. With all that I'm disgusted with the delays in the wipe. Why play? Many have given up. I may soon join them. I also hate the direction PVE is going. Don't tell me to play something else if I'm not happy. You can be a dedicated player and be unhappy at the same time