TyGeR_STD

If your going to wipe, give us more gates!

If your going to wipe the server you can atleast add a few new gate sizes. A 2x2, 3x3, am 4x4, would be awesome.  Dont even need new art, just resize the ones that are in the game now and reskin the later if need be. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TyGeR_STD said:

If your going to wipe the server you can atleast add a few new gate sizes. A 2x2, 3x3, am 4x4, would be awesome.  Dont even need new art, just resize the ones that are in the game now and reskin the later if need be. 

I'm expecting more gates after the wipe.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2

While I like the idea of more gate sizes, we don't actually need them...not really.  You only need a size that allows the bigger tames to access them, an one for just the smaller tames, for those who like to keep them in separate areas.  We already have those.

But what do we actually need?  I mean really really need?  Different size structures.  In ark we had large walls, and XL walls.  4 walls, and 12 walls high respectively.  This was good, but should have been taken further.  Where were the 2x2 walls?  The 3x3 walls.  The 4x4 and 5x5 walls?  And what about similar sizes of foundations, ceilings, and roofs?  What about stairs that are like the inside corner, and outside corner roofs?  How about small (1), medium (3), large (5) and XL (12) pillars?  Why not allow similar sizes for elevator tracks?  For PvE, how about some larger, and more varied window sizes, and designs?

People build ports, so why not give us various sizes of  piers, and when they place, they place at just the right height for the ships you want to put against them.  So you could have large main pier sections, and then smaller piers that come off that, with heights for the different ships.  Allow ships to tie up to the pier, instead of anchoring.  Same game mechanics, just different art and animations.  In the future, if a good animator is hired, the crew onboard could be used to tie the ship to the docks.

While on the subject of gates, why not some Portcullis gates, like in the Castles, Keeps and Fortifications mod for ARK?  Allow curved walls for private servers, but not official.  They cause lag.  Not bad on a private server, but official has more than enough structure lag as it is.

I would hope that in the future, we also get new textures for wood, and stone structures.  Bridge structures would be great also.

• Like 1

Yeh I'm fully expecting to see long lines of gates and giant walls all around island coastlines.. as people find the most obvious route to "claiming" all the land.

Esp on pve servers.  Will be interesting to see how expensive building and maintenance will actually be.

Edited by Martyn

3 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

While I like the idea of more gate sizes, we don't actually need them...not really.  You only need a size that allows the bigger tames to access them, an one for just the smaller tames, for those who like to keep them in separate areas.  We already have those.

But what do we actually need?  I mean really really need?  Different size structures.  In ark we had large walls, and XL walls.  4 walls, and 12 walls high respectively.  This was good, but should have been taken further.  Where were the 2x2 walls?  The 3x3 walls.  The 4x4 and 5x5 walls?  And what about similar sizes of foundations, ceilings, and roofs?  What about stairs that are like the inside corner, and outside corner roofs?  How about small (1), medium (3), large (5) and XL (12) pillars?  Why not allow similar sizes for elevator tracks?  For PvE, how about some larger, and more varied window sizes, and designs?

People build ports, so why not give us various sizes of  piers, and when they place, they place at just the right height for the ships you want to put against them.  So you could have large main pier sections, and then smaller piers that come off that, with heights for the different ships.  Allow ships to tie up to the pier, instead of anchoring.  Same game mechanics, just different art and animations.  In the future, if a good animator is hired, the crew onboard could be used to tie the ship to the docks.

While on the subject of gates, why not some Portcullis gates, like in the Castles, Keeps and Fortifications mod for ARK?  Allow curved walls for private servers, but not official.  They cause lag.  Not bad on a private server, but official has more than enough structure lag as it is.

I would hope that in the future, we also get new textures for wood, and stone structures.  Bridge structures would be great also.

Totally agree. 100%, better buildings and structures are definitely needed, they would cut down on lag too.

However... it would literally take one of their graphics artists like 1 minute to do this. I personally find the giant dino gates annoying and ugly. The fact we have to use them as walls though because we don't have real wall sections also bothers me. Actually it wouldn't take one of their artists very long to do the gates AND what you are talking about. Why not both?

• Like 2

I think the devs need to turn away from the ugly gate meta game we currently have. It is nothing but an easy ship pounding wall and to slow down little twerps from entering to oil down boats.

• Like 2