Malarious

We need another NA PvP server.

Take a look at the NA PvP dynamic map. While the rest of the servers have land unclaimed, NA PvP is completely dominated by a handful of massive companies already. The few regions that are unclaimed are either Free Ports or Lawless, or located in biomes which require access to other biomes to progress (there is no fiber in Tundra biomes, for instance).

"It's PvP for a reason, go seize their land!" — I hear you. But it's a simple fact that NA PvP has more players than any other server. Even now, at 6AM (on the East Coast) on Christmas Day many of the Freeports in NA are full. West Low Desert Freeport is at 160/150 players. On this day, at this time.

NA PvP is the most populated server. Some people are asking for wipes because they can't get any land, but that's not a solution at all; the issue is that we have too many players crammed into a single server, competing for a relatively small number of islands. (The island count is artificially deflated because of the number of Lawless regions, too.) All of these problems can be fixed by opening up an official NA PvP2 server.

The fact that the solution to all the networking and server problems of launch was to make more regions lawless and dramatically reduce the amount of land rather than just spin up more servers is kind of crazy. Rather than wipe, resetting everyone's progress and enraging the people who've been no-lifing this game since launch, why not spin up another NA PvP server?

• Thanks 1

I one hundred percent support this. At the moment I'm desperately trying to scramble together a large alliance just to be able to compete for my own chunk of land to build even a single shipyard or base that won't be immediately destroyed...  

yea they should aim for 20k a server not 40k a server i think that would solve 100% of the problem

Edited by Easpada
  • Like 1

yeah, im patient with e.a. problems and all but this is just idiocracy.  unlimited claims just doesnt make sense to me.

I've also thought this....but not exclusively because of no available land.  Because I don't think they can handle 40k in one server with good performance, yes it has gotten better but they've never cracked this issue on Ark and it's been out years.

They calculated 40k from assuming there is an equal distribution of players in each grid...that will never happen.  

There is also no enough landmass in the game, a small group can take over a grid easily (if is was available)  

• Like 2

Remember too, originally there wasn’t supposed to be lawless land so you couldn’t claim, they needed them when all of the free holds were overpacked

18 hours ago, Malarious said:

Take a look at the NA PvP dynamic map. While the rest of the servers have land unclaimed, NA PvP is completely dominated by a handful of massive companies already. The few regions that are unclaimed are either Free Ports or Lawless, or located in biomes which require access to other biomes to progress (there is no fiber in Tundra biomes, for instance).

"It's PvP for a reason, go seize their land!" — I hear you. But it's a simple fact that NA PvP has more players than any other server. Even now, at 6AM (on the East Coast) on Christmas Day many of the Freeports in NA are full. West Low Desert Freeport is at 160/150 players. On this day, at this time.

NA PvP is the most populated server. Some people are asking for wipes because they can't get any land, but that's not a solution at all; the issue is that we have too many players crammed into a single server, competing for a relatively small number of islands. (The island count is artificially deflated because of the number of Lawless regions, too.) All of these problems can be fixed by opening up an official NA PvP2 server.

The fact that the solution to all the networking and server problems of launch was to make more regions lawless and dramatically reduce the amount of land rather than just spin up more servers is kind of crazy. Rather than wipe, resetting everyone's progress and enraging the people who've been no-lifing this game since launch, why not spin up another NA PvP server?

While I support this its Pie in the sky to ever happen!

The infrastructure to support an entire server being the whole 225 servers across the face of the game is to much when its likely that the game is going to FLASH, bang, out...

In 2 weeks it will stabilize and 2 Months it will be nothing like now in and in a year it will be a ghost town...

Your talking about drastically increasing there operations cost for little to no return because guess what you bought it anyway!!!

While it would be the right thing to do....  The right thing is not always the profitable thing!

The Tundra DOES have fiber i dont understand why so many people are saying this. I live in the tundra tons of fiber everywhere in the form of Cotton.

Land is claimed on all servers - the dynamic map just doesnt show it right all the time.

Ive been sailing yesterday on EU pvp for a whole day, was nowhere possible to claim anything.

So much yes... I have so many people who would buy this game in a heartbeat if they posted up some new servers with the stability they have now.

• Like 1

What we need is a server wipe, with the release being the CLUSTER F**K it was it allowed certain people who got lucky enough to get in to claim everything unfairly before everyone had a chance.  But i do not seeing that happening, even with all the duping that's gone on. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 3:22 AM, Malarious said:

A new server isn’t happening anytime soon. They have way too much debt and no longer have income coming in.

viewers on twitch for atlas are all the way down to below 20k. 

The fact that they have a na pvp and pve as well as a eu pvp and pve but only average 38k people means less than 10k per map.

they might try to fix the land claim in a couple months but they are buying new servers. 

Servers cost money and they are losing it way faster than it is coming in

On 12/27/2018 at 4:48 AM, Kappa said:

What we need is a server wipe, with the release being the CLUSTER F**K it was it allowed certain people who got lucky enough to get in to claim everything unfairly before everyone had a chance.  But i do not seeing that happening, even with all the duping that's gone on. 

Duping won’t stop and the same people will always have the same land 😂

the Megas get what they want and there is nothing you can do about it. I know feeling helpless sucks but in a hopeless situation there is only one choice..... acceptance 👍