nosscar

Can't claim, can't play

@Big Bojangles that was my point, after I put my bed I can go about 10 hour and didnt care about any of game mechanics, thirst, hunger, vits, eating by a shark - no problem, just respawn - but this can be always repaired - just after die you resping with no vits with almost full hunger, dehydrated or sth. Worst is about this claim thing - we have few days after release and instead small villages, starting to see small ships we have about 90% or more population on rafts without land and 10%(or less) claimed entire map without buildings, without even small economy nothing, just ghost world spammed with flags.

9 minutes ago, Marnotrawny said:

@Big Bojangles that was my point, after I put my bed I can go about 10 hour and didnt care about any of game mechanics, thirst, hunger, vits, eating by a shark - no problem, just respawn - but this can be always repaired - just after die you resping with no vits with almost full hunger, dehydrated or sth. Worst is about this claim thing - we have few days after release and instead small villages, starting to see small ships we have about 90% or more population on rafts without land and 10%(or less) claimed entire map without buildings, without even small economy nothing, just ghost world spammed with flags.

Ah gotcha, yeah idk how they could overlook these pvp balance type issues this company has made litterally all these same mistakes with ark before its actually kinda funny at this point.  The game is fairly broken and they need to fix this with a bare minimum and then scale it up when they implement whatever their idea is that needs this flag system in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Netsurai said:

Please note these updates may not necessarily be in the next patch but will make into an upcoming one.

Upcoming, currently in testing

- Improved server performance by adjusting server water thread utilization
- Changed declaim period (stealing enemy territory) to 30 minutes from 1.5 hours (requires they have no alive crew or players in the vicinity)
- Removed requirement to be on a boat to steal someone's boat after placing the claim flag. Adjusted base value times to claim the boats to be 1 one minute to steal a dinghy, 30 minutes to steal a raft, a couple hours to steal sloop, and so forth (levelling a ship increases the time it takes to steal that ship).

So basicly the fix is to steal land, if you find no one at home. Is this really OK for a pve server.

7 minutes ago, nosscar said:

So basicly the fix is to steal land, if you find no one at home. Is this really OK for a pve server.

Yes, because on PvE they have to not been at their claim for 3 days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Yes, because on PvE they have to not been at their claim for 3 days.

It feels a little premature without a flag limit (per day/week at least).

Still, that is a good change in the long run. My company wants to start a port city and encourage people to settle there by keeping taxes reasonable. We were worried about how to defend it on a PvE server which was incredibly weird.

On 12/25/2018 at 1:42 AM, nosscar said:
Can't claim, can't play
I spent my first full day in atlas yesterday, built a raft, got supplies, set sail.
I must have spent over 10 hrs checking dozens of islands, and there all full of flags, as you need to claim land before building, then I can't play any further.
Apparently large tribes or players are claiming whole islands with multiple flags, this system needs fixing, I am on EU pve server, and its full already.
If your in the same boat (pun intendéd) then post here so devs will see the problem.

Oh yeah. Don’t worry the Megas will destroy the game very fast. Once more people keep leaving you will end up being able to find a very small latch of land. 

Ark players will easily destroy this. That is what they do 😂

You need a base to get real ships(I don't want to stay on a raft forever), therefore is it absolutely essential that each player can have a base. I suggest they limit claims to 1/player for the first months. IF we have unclaimed land after several months with 1 claim/player THEN can we maybe raise it. This game is about ships, it is essential that each player can have a shipyard and build ships.

EDIT: I play PVE server

Edited by kolpo

1 claim per player, for company like about clan in other games - required x amount of ppl to run it. New patch don't resolve problem because still we must steal ground to build and other will still get new areas so everyone must steal. That will make longer to start built this first time economy so there will for long time dead map. 1 claim per player, 1 claim per company - like a clan u need amount of ppl to start it, to get another it must reach some amount of citizens and/or company employee. Because 1 man company is useless for world and economy - we will have thousands of companies without any content - and it not give ppl reason to group up, to make competition because now is 1 vs 1 player - everyone count that they create sth great if work alone - and yes this is survival but I think idea should be to create massive battles and world explore, trading routes by big companies not thousands of smaller ones.

More servers, Lawless islands at least a few of them to be opened for claiming or reduce the company members or how much they can claim.

@Bumbblebee more servers is not exactly what we need - this is empty world without npc - that role is for players so we need them as much as possible but developers made game that have only purpose for someone only to build/have company. There is no reason for ppl to not build - I think this is a problem, everyone want to have company and that is everything in this game. Devs must think about various solutions how to make game harder for companies because of their big benefits and other forms - like piracy or other think - maybe guards, maybe smugglers and other stuff that player dont need to build, have own boat but be a member of the crew, rent or live in barracks - depends. What I mean give player multiple choices then there will be not problem with companies. Give ppl reason not to build and everything will start managing it self.

• Like 1

moving the claiming system from per player to per company would solve all the problems.

just allow players to build everywhere without a claim.

every company can place one exclusive claim that prevents others from building for their company base or pirate nest. and every additional claim will be a taxed area free to build and collect for all but taking taxes for every ressource that is collected. that way everyone is happy and can play the game, claiming can be made hyper competitive and still not blocking the world for most players. we dont want only 10k players to settle and the other 30k and everyone joining after them to leave with an angry review, if the game is successfull there will be more updates and content in the future. 

• Like 2