Sign in to follow this  
baconfudge

My case for no character wipes.

Dear Devs,

I am capped at level 70 with 467 discovery points.  the upcoming server wipe is said (i have yet to find an official answer) to also be a character wipe.

Some players believe this will recharge the population and players that have stopped playing will come back, i believe they will but they will not stay.

I also believe as those players that have left once leave then more players will also leave resulting in even less population.

I believe letting characters remain thru this wipe and all EA wipes to be beneficial to the player population and also yourselves as existing player base will have more time to test the game vs leveling their characters once again.

Some players have made the case that other players have gained their higher levels thru bugs and cheats, i would assume some have and i would also assume some have played the game as intended to gain their high level.  I in no way begrudge a higher level player or feel cheated that they are higher level thru less than moral means. 

I believe allot of the population encouraging player wipe are barely over 50 so they have little to lose (as 1-51 is relatively easy exp grind).

In conclusion, don't wipe my character because it will suck and there is no gain for anybody but crybaby lowbies and the people that quit on you and this game once already. 

thank you.

• Like 3

I would be happy with resetting everybody to level 1, but they shouldn't wipe peoples DP's. The islands may be easy to get, but those secondary ones are a pain.

Also by wiping everything including DP's they basically just shot the population in the foot for the next 3 weeks. 

People will stop playing and go off and try other games... many of them will find a new crack and won't be back.

After the wipe I expect player numbers to be 30~50% down on before the announcement. If they at least let people keep their DP's it will encourage people to spend the next 3 weeks exploring and playing and will help with retaining players.

Lets see if somebody at snail/wild/grapeshot realises this and makes an announcement soon, because I think they only have a few days before it becomes terminal.

I also agree about the discovery points. I could honestly survive if i lost the ones for the power stones and whales, but if i have to sail to all those islands again, find the points again and sneak into bases again I think i will end up being stuck at a low level.... I do not see why the discovery points need to be reset. Alsp now there are more discovery points than there is for max level, is the level gonna increase or will the amount of points needed per level increase....

Rule #1 of MMOs.  Learn that the Devs don't care about the players as individuals. They only care about what brings them the most return in the end.

If they believe an action, like a wipe will lose them 10 players, but bring them  20, they will do it.

On the end, a player's opinion matters very little to them.

Edited by Ktorr

i didnt mean to post this as a forum for the communities opinion or anybody posting to it's input on the subject, this wasn't a poll, it was addressed to the devs, if you have some insight you should start another thread.

I support a complete player wipe and since this thread is open to everyone I am posting my support in it. 

1 hour ago, baconfudge said:

Dear Devs,

I am capped at level 70 with 467 discovery points.  the upcoming server wipe is said (i have yet to find an official answer) to also be a character wipe.

Some players believe this will recharge the population and players that have stopped playing will come back, i believe they will but they will not stay.

I also believe as those players that have left once leave then more players will also leave resulting in even less population.

I believe letting characters remain thru this wipe and all EA wipes to be beneficial to the player population and also yourselves as existing player base will have more time to test the game vs leveling their characters once again.

Some players have made the case that other players have gained their higher levels thru bugs and cheats, i would assume some have and i would also assume some have played the game as intended to gain their high level.  I in no way begrudge a higher level player or feel cheated that they are higher level thru less than moral means. 

I believe allot of the population encouraging player wipe are barely over 50 so they have little to lose (as 1-51 is relatively easy exp grind).

In conclusion, don't wipe my character because it will suck and there is no gain for anybody but crybaby lowbies and the people that quit on you and this game once already. 

thank you.

Yeah, sorry I gotta call you out man. You are talking about cry baby lobbies yet you are the one acting they way you say they are acting. Can’t tell if you are a hypocrite or just the cry baby. 

12 minutes ago, baconfudge said:

i didnt mean to post this as a forum for the communities opinion or anybody posting to it's input on the subject, this wasn't a poll, it was addressed to the devs, if you have some insight you should start another thread.

Maybe send an email to the devs. It wasn’t really that smart to try to post a private message on an open forum. Hopefully this will be a good lesson learned for you