Sign in to follow this  
UDO

any news from devs on how they are going to stop pillar foundation spam blocking resources on pve

as title , im curious if there has been any news / ideas from devs on how they are going to stop the above from happening with there ARK system ?

first they talked about adding resource cost to the flags then they remove them completely and go back to the ark way which no one really liked anyway .., 

Edited by UDO

Read the patch notes coming at the end of march also watch the video they explain it in great detail

1 minute ago, Luxfere said:

Read the patch notes coming at the end of march also watch the video they explain it in great detail

it doesnt explain how they are going to stop the pillar and foundation spam blocking resources in pve or how close can pother build to exisiting buildings / bases 

Edited by UDO

Yea they did its in great detail, every item you place will have an upkeep to it the more shit you drop the more it will cost you. You did not listen to the video im not going to explain it when your to lazy to go listen to the video explaining on what they intend to do. And it will be tested before its dropped on public 

• Like 1

ffs how is a bit of upkeep going to stop players from blocking resources, do u not understand my question , 

i know what the video from devs says there is nothing in there explaining the system, apart from u get to build a autorepair structure that u keep resoources in , big whoop takes a few mins to farm up 10k of each reouce once you have tames, not  gonna be a big deterant ...gold easy to cvome by nothing is going to stop the pillar / foundation spam from blocking resources ..

re read my question then try again with a reply that doesnt just say go watch the video like u seem to be posting in a lot of threads ...what is going to stop players from blocking resources or blocking other players in 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

So the landscape will then have a resource maintenance house every 20 feet filled with resouces.  Can people build within your maintained sphere?

While I understand the idea behind the concept, I don't think the systems going to work because to stop spamming they will need to make the upkeep pretty step. If they don't make it very step it will not stop large guilds from spamming foundation/walls/pillar to take over islands. If they do then sole and small guilds will only be able to upkeep a small outpost. I just don't see how they are going to find a balance to make sure people can enjoy building without being grief or bothered with massive upkeep cost. Also with how close you can build to other players, it is going to be a griefing nightmare. I believe it would have been easier and better to simply limit the number of flags per person.

• Like 1

No , they just gonna reinforce it .

Btw , making the cost steep only hurt honest builder .....

10 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Yea they did its in great detail, every item you place will have an upkeep to it the more shit you drop the more it will cost you. You did not listen to the video im not going to explain it when your to lazy to go listen to the video explaining on what they intend to do. And it will be tested before its dropped on public 

Sry man, but you do not understand. Decay and upkeep will not solve the problem. The decay will probably take a few days. If not, we pay horrendous amounts for maintenance and can not even go on vacation for a week without the house collapsing. In the long run, the idiots will block the island just because they can and want ruins your fun.

No matter how the system is designed, it is the choice between plague and cholera.

11 hours ago, engraverwilliam said:

So the landscape will then have a resource maintenance house every 20 feet filled with resouces.  Can people build within your maintained sphere?

this is something that would be ggod information , is the autorepair house a type of claim protection which noone else can build in ? is it limited to one per person/ company ?  as if they are unlimited but have a set radius welcome to autorepair house spam 

Edited by UDO

11 hours ago, Luxfere said:

Yea they did its in great detail, every item you place will have an upkeep to it the more shit you drop the more it will cost you. You did not listen to the video im not going to explain it when your to lazy to go listen to the video explaining on what they intend to do. And it will be tested before its dropped on 

Looks like you saw another video.

Very unfriendly and stu***.

• Like 1