Sign in to follow this  
Bullet Force

1 Additional Island Per Grid.

While this is an improvement I still don't understand why you just don't make the islands smaller and therefore able to have more in a zone which you could then vary between zones. More islands of varying sizes and quantities is more interesting for gameplay then simply a predictable guaranteed 5 large blobs per server.

And while your at it redesigning the world can you get rid of all these silly looking peaks everywhere. The game isn't meant to be set in the Himalayas.

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

Since that would cost more. I can understand it. 

Not if the total land mass per server remains the same.

They can put far more islands per grid IF they wanted. The Unofficial I am on has over 8 on some grids. So it's easily done if they wanted to go that route. They are changing it up which is good, I think we should wait and see what they have planned maybe they will surprise us. Worst case they realize you know what we still haven't put enough land in each grid lets add 1 or 2 more islands. It's going to take time to find balance and with the huge changes coming it's going to be a while before they find that harmonic resonance.

36 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Not if the total land mass per server remains the same.

Nope. It’s about distance in between islands and island amount is what makes the load. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

While this is an improvement I still don't understand why you just don't make the islands smaller and therefore able to have more in a zone which you could then vary between zones. More islands of varying sizes and quantities is more interesting for gameplay then simply a predictable guaranteed 5 large blobs per server.

And while your at it redesigning the world can you get rid of all these silly looking peaks everywhere. The game isn't meant to be set in the Himalayas.

Getting rid of the mountain peaks would definitely increase the amount of useful land to build on, some tiles are islands that are 50 90 % not buildable on. Given that land is such in demand, this would solve a big chunk of this problem. (and yes i know you can build there its just not really feasible, who wants to start transporting 10k mats up and down 50 ladders and then the pets  etc) 

Edited by Remo

As an indication, our server has 2 tiles:

- A1 with 25 islands: 11GB RAM

- B1 with 6 islands: 6 GB RAM

7 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

And while your at it redesigning the world can you get rid of all these silly looking peaks everywhere

That and the island separation is meant to stop the lag.

Maybe they should make a million islands....aw I dont like that, OK how about one big island...aww thats not what I want either!