Sign in to follow this  
Knivet

Landowner in the new system

So from what ive understood is that the new landowners can attack outside of pvp hours on the people on land they "own".

But the new people building on that land have no chance of deffending themself before raidhours?

I'm not possitive towards raidhours, just to state that.

No. You got it wrong. Everyone can PvP during raid hours of the time frame the land owner has set. So let’s say he has it from 10 AM to 7 PM, everyone can pvp on the island. You have special tokens that allow someone to start a war on the island, in which everyone can build anything (since now only the landowner can place cannons etc down). That way, you can attack and get rid of the land owner if he really sucks haha. 

But during raid times and war times, maybe it’s better for all the small groups to work together trying to fend off incoming attacks from other companies from other islands. 

As for the structure deleting, yes. The landowner can destroy any structure you have, to get rid of the spam people might be doing. Even though people will hate that and it will probably be changed when it comes out. 

Then yes to the question i asked, since the landowner can destroy any structures on that land. 

So basicly, if im the landowner, and i want to raid someone to get more loot. I can just run over to one of the people living on the island, raid them from everything they have while they watch and cant fire back at me. This is what this patch tells me.

Since they can destruct any buildings on their land

Edited by Knivet

I agree I find that potentially an issue. But such is life of living under a landlord. It doesn't specifically say demolish but they can damage it so I guess they could raid your base if they want to. Mind you if they piss off all the people living on their island they probably won't last very long. We also don't know the exact details of the cost towards maintaining a claim but if having more people on your land claim reduces your costs somehow then being a good landlord will be a positive thing for you towards upkeep. Where maybe being a terrible landlord and having no one around leads to a lot more effort to keep your land and people in your company getting tired of having to grind to keep the land. It probably will need to be tweaked but I like the direction.

There will probably be a timer. Like 5 walls max every x amount of hours. So you can keep your stuff safe. The land owner can only really get rid of stand alones like pillars or foundation spam. 

• Settlement owners can freely damage other characters and structures on their island. 

Settlement Build Rules

• Only the owner of a Settlement will be able to build offensive structures (mortars, cannons, and swivels) on their island, outside of Wartime.
  • Structures that are built on a Settlement which do not belong to the Settlement Owner will have a decay timer.

total utter bullshit idea and system 

3 minutes ago, UDO said:
  • Settlement owners can freely damage other characters and structures on their island. 

Settlement Build Rules

• Only the owner of a Settlement will be able to build offensive structures (mortars, cannons, and swivels) on their island, outside of Wartime.
  • Structures that are built on a Settlement which do not belong to the Settlement Owner will have a decay timer.

total utter bullshit idea and system 

And what do you suggest. 

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

And what do you suggest. 

are u happy that u can build on their island as they got their first a nd at anytime they can walk up and demolish anything u have built and raid all your boxes? and there is nothing u can do , ?and to top it off u cannot build any defences out side of raid times wheras they can ? great system 

there wasnt a lot wrong with the system they already had they just needed ,as many have pointed out a cap on the amount of flags and an up keep for them in gold or resources or both , increasing the more flags u place up to your max amount ..

pve changes are just as bad  , now we just have autorepair building spam along with pillars and foundations everywhere ..

will they limit the amount of autorepair buildings ? if they don't the system wont be any better than it is now 

Edited by UDO

47 minutes ago, UDO said:

are u happy that u can build on their island as they got their first a nd at anytime they can walk up and demolish anything u have built and raid all your boxes? and there is nothing u can do , ?and to top it off u cannot build any defences out side of raid times wheras they can ? great system 

there wasnt a lot wrong with the system they already had they just needed ,as many have pointed out a cap on the amount of flags and an up keep for them in gold or resources or both , increasing the more flags u place up to your max amount ..

pve changes are just as bad  , now we just have autorepair building spam along with pillars and foundations everywhere ..

will they limit the amount of autorepair buildings ? if they don't the system wont be any better than it is now 

This is some what my understanding as well, if this is the case, its be first or leave for me

1 hour ago, UDO said:

This is the problem with people like you, shouting stuff without giving viable suggestions other than ‘It was fine, only this little thing needed to change.’ As for the PvP, it needed change. Badly, and a hard cap wouldn’t change much. My suggestions are listed here: