Sign in to follow this  
Konvar

Gameplay now :(

Creator!
I do not want 100 ships of the damned around my island!
I can not sail! South wind only 3 days. 
I wait three days! 3 minutes after sailing, 
the storm begins and the battle of the schooner with the red ships of the damned! 
Is this on purpose? Like snakes and sharks? I just want to transport my elephant, 
I can not 3 days! Make 1 red 2 yellow 4 green ships damned to the server, limit!

Make 10 different NPC with tasks in freeport.
 I went to the home of the NPC 20 years ago! It worked!
 Where is the gameplay from the presentations?

• Sad 1

Just sail on border of the server. Its not that difficult to avoid them unless you are on a galleon.

And 7 sotd should be the limit is what you saying, really?

It takes 5 mins to take em out on a brigantine. Its a real pain due to their sheer number, thats because people aren't clearing them out.

We took out 25+ of them in our region in 2 days now its a bit better to travel in our region.

7 minutes ago, Vegetto said:

Just sail on border of the server

Thank! I did this last week. 
On this I can not swim out of the island 
(even from different three islands). 
Now 5 Ships of the damned are sailing near the shore! AAAA !!!

29 minutes ago, Konvar said:

Creator!
I wait three days! 3 minutes after sailing, 
the storm begins and the battle of the schooner with the red ships of the damned! 
Is this on purpose? Like snakes and sharks? I just want to transport my elephant, 
I can not 3 days! Make 1 red 2 yellow 4 green ships damned to the server, limit!

Make 10 different NPC with tasks in freeport.
 I went to the home of the NPC 20 years ago! It worked!
 Where is the gameplay from the presentations?

Cant believe this is true.

Which server and grid?

• Like 2

The DEVs idea was - ppl would go and clear the area, and there will be calm safety waters. The problem here - about nobody just taking care of SotDs. And there are many reasons.

- PPL don't know if they able to do it solo/couple ppl.

- PPL don't know if they able to do it by just usual Brig.

- PPL don't know if they wanna build ugly louvers design vessel with stern-shotgun and do all that kiting tactic shown by youtube.

- ...if they wanna spend a time to gather resources for guns, ammunition and repairs, then farm a gold somehow, then go freeport to hire crew, then do a lot of food farming for crew...

- ...if they wanna put a lot of points in to captaining skill-tree?

- ...after all - if they wanna risk to loose their beloved Brig.

And main reason - FOR WHAT? FOR SOME USELESS BLUEPRINTS, COUPLE OF CANNONBALLS AND 18 GOLD? For clear safety water around, maybe? Well you can't put those clean safety waters into your pocket right? : )

So most of players fells it doesn't worth just consider fighting them.

Yet - it my experience. 11 ppl of crew takes for about 90-100 gold per real life day. Usual Brig with 6 gunport cannons and 2 addition deck cannons can handle any usual SotD (up for red 30 lvl... not those high lvl in golden age). No tactic - just sail by, shoot, turn around, repeat. With 150 sturdiness and all reduce sinking buff in captaining - you can fight till enemy down with plank or two - missing. Then without any rush - go and repair your ship.

Here is my. Took for like 50 SotDs with it already. See the new plank there? I fought with lvl 9 and lvl 14 the same time. I sank them then went to put new gunport.

Qkjdwut.jpg

Reward is the question tho... you must do alot metal gathering for cannonballs, and all other resources for repairs, but mostly you get a clean waters around and that's it. Well it's also fun in some way... but that's it.

----------------

Oh and...

The wind here NOT RANDOM. It just slowly rotate it's direction clockwise and a bit faster in storms, then go back to where it was before storm. So you can plan your own travel. Usually - if you go far with tail wind, then you do all business there wind will rotate, and you go back with tail wind too. If you do counterwind - you go back with it as well.

And yeah - it's global.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 1

Blueprints aren't useless, they are totally random I know but the only point of destroying sotd is for bps and high lvl npcs which cost less gold, not even gold and ammo. If you have better cannon bps you'll need less cannonballs so they have a purpose. And I took down a lvl.17 with a schooner with just 3 cannons manned and hired crew from that damned. You don't have to go to the freeport to hire crew. And yes you can do this solo.

And for metal gathering, I live close to polar region so 1 trip on galleon I bring 20k metal, no problems there.

Blueprints aren't useless, they are totally random I know but the only point of destroying sotd is for bps and high lvl npcs which cost less gold,

Yeah personally feels this way also. Just got a journeyman cannon bp and each shot does around 1900 damage so I basically increased my alpha dmg output from 9 500 to 15 000. I just write all that ppl usually write in this forum.

And for metal gathering, I live close to polar region so 1 trip... 20k

I'm from Tundra and there are just 3 iron spawns in my whole island : ) So I have to gather it every available time or gather as many resources as I can in my travles : )

43 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

I'm from Tundra and there are just 3 iron spawns in my whole island : ) So I have to gather it every available time or gather as many resources as I can in my travles : )

Its better to travel to polar region and grab metal bcoz the no of nodes it literally  countless there. I live in N13 and O15 has just so many nodes of tin and cobalt in one place. Its just insane amount of metal there.

• Like 1

I can attest the sheer amount of SoTD's are just to much. I normally do not complain about things, I find ways to work around them. But I sail a lot and the amounts of them in one server is just to much. On top of that, they bunch up at times.. yes you can avoid them and I do, BUT when you have SoTD's AND whales chasing you down. I am kinda waving the white flag a little. PLUS, the ships hovering at the server lines are a bit much.

Case in point, yesterday we were sailing on our gally.. 2 SoTD chasing us.. as we got away from 5 others, and 3 whales on top of the 2 damned chasing us.. we cross over to the next server and there is a whale sitting at the server line and jumps on the gally.. just about sinking it... we were able to get away with the skeleton of the gally. So between the sheer amount of the SoTD and Whales things do need to be re-worked.

I think there is so many SoTD, because no one is really killing them anymore to help keep the population down. So I can understand and sympathize with Konvar.

with a brig 6 long cannons aft, you bust the ghost ships without giving you a single shot