Sign in to follow this  
gadefence

Ship storage box improvements

1: Allow, like the elevator, the ability for you to put a crewman that will empty animal's resource contents into the ship resource box. Would be very helpful for people with low weight (e.g. crafters).

2: Allow crafting tables to pull from ship resource boxes. I am surprised this is not the case already.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gadefence said:

1: Allow, like the elevator, the ability for you to put a crewman that will empty animal's resource contents into the ship resource box. Would be very helpful for people with low weight (e.g. crafters).

2: Allow crafting tables to pull from ship resource boxes. I am surprised this is not the case already.

Allowing crafting tables to pull from the box I totally agree, I was thinking that myself for a long time. We usually just store everything in theĀ  box on land also but it's a pain when you have to get certain things out and put it on the table instead of just pulling it from box.

I got pretty spoiled with the S+ and resource pulling. There are two ways to look at it and it depends how you play.

Would be both nice for ease, but it would have to be set up to only use certain containers, so your basic crafts didn't use your rare resources, instead of the one you get outside the front door.

The other part of that would be to allow us to craft inventory craftable items on the smithy. Its annoying to have to pull the resources off to make wood ceilings. If I can build it in my hand, the crafting table should be able to do it too.

• Like 1

I like both of these. I really wish they could expand on npcs. Set npcs to farm plots, pickup poop and make fertilizer, move items, gather items, craft basic items in their inventory for me while I am out running about working on the base... This would all probably eat up a lot of server resources but I mean they already are because they are essentially dumb tames that use turrets and allow you to automate your ship functions for sinking SOTD and use sailing hotkeys at the captains wheel. Why not let them actually do something useful like help around the base for all the gold and food I am farming to pay them. I feel like I own a bunch of comatose crew who have no purpose but to live off me.

Could also expand on npcs by adding skills to them and allowing us to train them in specific jobs. Charlotte Nine Toes the Farmer... Big Billy the Feared Cannoneer... Ugly Joan the trimmer who is good at adjusting sails... Old John the Cook... Then all these wild 44 crew I have can have some useful skills and earn their keep on important jobs and all the lower levels can be thrown onto less important jobs. The only difference between them at the moment is health. Otherwise their stats are pretty worthless.

If you guys make npcs more useful would be nice to setup crew groups where you can have all the crew of ship X and whistle them all off the boat once you get back and put them on jobs then when you are ready to sail you can easily get them all back together and throw them back onto the boat to go do sailing things.

Edited by Thor Ragnarock
Crew Groups.

Yep, NPCs should have a lot more task. including running the bank that should just be a bench.

7 hours ago, MeatSammich said:

Would be both nice for ease, but it would have to be set up to only use certain containers, so your basic crafts didn't use your rare resources, instead of the one you get outside the front door.

The other part of that would be to allow us to craft inventory craftable items on the smithy. Its annoying to have to pull the resources off to make wood ceilings. If I can build it in my hand, the crafting table should be able to do it too.

No reason not to just allow a resource box to be pullable or not - like we have a resource box for rare resources locked to officers.