MisterMyztik

Rare resources on Commodity vendors? REALLY?

- Rare Resources are now available on PvE Commodity traders for a higher gold amount than regular resources.

So you were just about to release player vendors and now you make it so no one will actually trade? I really don't understand this. Seems completely counter intuitive.

• Haha 2

Well my guess would be that players could potentially sell the same resources for less then the NPCs and therefore make a profit.

Yeah, I waiting to see prices before reacting too much.  And it might be temporary and they take it out when shops come out etc

Of course, but why bring it in at all? It seems like they keep making this MMO smaller and smaller.. "You wanna be a solo pirate?" "SURE THING" 

ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

Hey but if you wanna solo it? Go ahead.

44 minutes ago, MisterMyztik said:

Of course, but why bring it in at all? It seems like they keep making this MMO smaller and smaller.. "You wanna be a solo pirate?" "SURE THING" 

Hey but if you wanna solo it? Go ahead.

Thats what happens when devs start to cater to all these people crying saying the game is to hard, or that they need some sort of protections.

• Like 1

This is another reason that the playershops need to be able to be placed in your claim, and not just in freeports.

Player Shops should be NPCs that you buy and place on your claim, and sell anything for any amount of any resource. If you can make a legendary pick, you can sell it for 2k gold, or 10k fiber, or 5k sugar...whatever price and resource you want.

Have a store inventory chest, and you can have one vendor that sells tools, blueprints, resources, or ship parts, or you can spend a bit more gold and get separate vendors for each different class of item, pulling from the same chest, and run your own shopping mall. It could even be set up so if you are in a high traffic area, you could allow other companies to place their vendors in your 'mall', with your taxes giving you a cut of their profits.

As is, most people don't even visit other islands in their grid, once they get the discovery point, if that island doesn't have any resources they can't get on their home island. This would give a reason to explore, and discover new shops, with the ones with the best gear, or best price for resources, and give them a chance to be a destination people go to. If I know that the shop in A7 trades sugar for aged wood, and I'm in D9, I'm going to make a trade trip there, and the same thing if I know that a shop in G11 has legendary tools for cheap, I'm going to make the trip that way instead.

Give people a reason to visit each others islands,  and encourage trade, plus it stops the freeports from getting overcrowded.

Edited by MeatSammich
  • Like 4

Ahh no freeports are ok for player vendors.

Dont need all these 12 year old ganker heroes when i go shopping.

Edited by Talono

43 minutes ago, Talono said:

Ahh no freeports are ok for player vendors.

Dont need all these 12 year old ganker heroes when i go shopping.

You are still going to have gankers waiting for you that follow you out of server to kill you and take your goods you just bought. How about this make freeport like any other area where pvp can happen but put NPC guards / ships in that server zone for protection. Hey look at that we added content for the wanna be pirate / hostile people and created a somewhat safe way for people needing it. Its not 100 % safe but still gives that risk and reward we all like on pvp correct. On top of the NPC guards etc you could now have players also offering their service to protect you while in that server zone even more content for the ones that want to be the good guys sounds like win win. 

Edited by labatts

But yet there if no way to trade keratinoid and people have like thousants of scale and bones and force to do totally stupid 3-hours runs to get just 50 chitin from giant ants... (sometimes U see just 2 ants in hour and get 4 chitin from each one...).

8 hours ago, labatts said:

Thats what happens when devs start to cater to all these people crying saying the game is to hard, or that they need some sort of protections.

I fail to see a connection here. Just because people are against bullshit like offline raiding doesn't mean they want easy game. I wouldn't mind if gold was more difficult to obtain, i would love it if they removed fast travel and i don't even mind the aging thingy (except that FoY is another bullshit mechanics with no fun involved), and i don't like the commodity vendor NPCs at freeports. 

The freeport vendors are a neat little addition actually... However, the stuff we can get there for gold, is crazy, considering that freeports, as they are now, are only visited to get crew, or a starting point for new players, who dun really have any gold 😕

Adding in player vendors.... i can see a LOT of potential lag here, or, they are planning to do some sort of AH, in order to make things less crowded... o.O 200+ companies, with each their own seller at a freeport, yikes o.O