Sign in to follow this  
thefatlebowski

to all the Nay sayers, and ode to the game

Atlas is.. Ark. yes it is. however i must say it doesnt feel like Ark. I have over 4000 hours in Ark.

Think of it as a super mod of Ark, whitout dino's. Where you can build ships and have a good time sailing them, the sea is absolutely gorgeos and very well done, different wind directions wich is the same direction once you pass to another server, the server changing is pretty much seemless. especially when you use an SSD. Im having a blast.

So every1 who hasnt bought Atlas yet, give it a try, its cheap still now, land grab can be a pain but also rewarding once you managed to grab some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1/10 

False advertising. This isn’t an ode. It isn’t even a poem. You’re getting a negative review on steam. I’m reporting you to the....

somebody....

for...

something.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thefatlebowski said:

Atlas is.. Ark. yes it is. however i must say it doesnt feel like Ark. I have over 4000 hours in Ark.

Think of it as a super mod of Ark, whitout dino's. Where you can build ships and have a good time sailing them, the sea is absolutely gorgeos and very well done, different wind directions wich is the same direction once you pass to another server, the server changing is pretty much seemless. especially when you use an SSD. Im having a blast.

So every1 who hasnt bought Atlas yet, give it a try, its cheap still now, land grab can be a pain but also rewarding once you managed to grab some.

Amen.

death to all the cheaters too, it’s fun to grief them.

Edited by Bad News Bear

I have Atlas, and I have Ark, and mods for Ark to build ships, such as (last time I played Ark) "Conquer The Seas".  On Ark I can actually - gasp - KEEP my structures and not have them mysteriously stolen within an hour while I am still online.  Taming works well, Cooking is a worth doing, hell, even FARMING is a worthwhile investment of skill points and time.  No stupid and ultimately pointless mini-games to waste my time on either.

To be brutally honest, Atlas wouldn't be worth a download if it was a mod for Ark.  Too badly coded and unreliable for consideration.

Edited by Coggage
  • Like 2

A link to the "Conquer The Seas" mod I referred to above, if anyone is interested in looking at it and seeing what can be done by a modder.  Having looked at it once more I may well quit Atlas and just go back to Ark, which - unrelated to the topic but nonetheless interesting - currently has twice the number of players playing tonight than Atlas does.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880947262

Considering the mod is free and functional there's no real reason to be playing Atlas at this time and in its current condition.