Sign in to follow this  
EvilNecroid

water surface sucking

can we get an option to disable the thing that forces u up when ever u go near the surface of the water. it drives me mad especially when im trying to build something in shallow water

• Like 2

It´s certainly very annoying, but I think it's a requirement for the movement out of water to function unfortunately. So they need to fix that as well.

I think this is a realism element that is intentional and intended to reflect the reality of buoyancy of a human body which has lungs full of air, but I’m only guessing. I do know that swimming in Ark didn’t have this aspect so it should be possible to do without it.. whether they are willing to make it optional or not is anyone’s guess, but it can’t hurt to ask. I do agree that’s it’s annoying.

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I think this is a realism element that is intentional and intended to reflect the reality of buoyancy of a human body which has lungs full of air, but I’m only guessing. I do know that swimming in Ark didn’t have this aspect so it should be possible to do without it.. whether they are willing to make it optional or not is anyone’s guess, but it can’t hurt to ask. I do agree that’s it’s annoying.

this doesnt happen to me when i go swimming in a pool 😛

Just now, EvilNecroid said:

this doesnt happen to me when i go swimming in a pool 😛

If your body doesn’t have a natural tendency to rise towards the surface you are defying fundamental laws of physics. 😛 bodies with air in their lungs will float. How accurately the existing mechanic represents that is another matter and I agree it’s way to strong to be realistic, just guessing at what they are shooting for.

22 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

If your body doesn’t have a natural tendency to rise towards the surface you are defying fundamental laws of physics. 😛 bodies with air in their lungs will float. How accurately the existing mechanic represents that is another matter and I agree it’s way to strong to be realistic, just guessing at what they are shooting for.

i breathe out and sink

It might be due to the way waves are coded, but I could be wrong.

I can deal with the bobbing near the surface and as other have said it's basically needed to climb on rafts/shipyards/etc but the lack of drag underwater needs to be changed. I shouldn't glide 20m to the left for tapping A underwater. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zlax said:

It might be due to the way waves are coded, but I could be wrong.

I think you may be right. I can see it being related to the waves, and it being the mechanic that keeps your head above water when waves get bigger.

If you didn't 'hop' out the water you'd be unable to climb up the side of rafts, small structures at the waters edge, onto tidepool rocks etc. However, the fact it activates every time you surface, like if trying to climb onto a shallow inclined beach is a pain in the ass; literally if a crocodile is biting it and you're trying to run away.

Game needs a manteling mechanic.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RyuujinZERO said:

If you didn't 'hop' out the water you'd be unable to climb up the side of rafts, small structures at the waters edge, onto tidepool rocks etc.

This never happened in Ark and you could jump out of water onto rafts / structures. It triggered when you were in contact with a mesh of some kind.

14 hours ago, Pizik said:

This never happened in Ark and you could jump out of water onto rafts / structures. It triggered when you were in contact with a mesh of some kind.

but ark doesnt have waves tho does it?

maybe they just need to change it so that it doesnt kick in till ur head is out of the water.

so u have to poke ur head out 1st before it sucks u up