Sign in to follow this  
Logand333

Anchored ships should be safe from a certain time

I would like anchored ships to protected more to stop offline destruction. Maybe have a certain time from 5pm to 1am (as people are normally home from work by then) where anchored boats can be sunk, and anytime outside of that they are safe.

Just a thought as the offline griefing is already way out of hand.

I agree that griefing is undesirable but given that Atlas is played all over the world, the obvious question about your proposed solution would be, when it’s 5pm to 1am where?

Well you have EU servers and NA..so should be what works for those regions

Edited by Logand333

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I agree that griefing is undesirable but given that Atlas is played all over the world, the obvious question about your proposed solution would be, when it’s 5pm to 1am where?

EVE Online came up with a solution. The owner sets a time window during which structures are vulnerable to attack.

• Like 1

Time differences in the USA can be significant, and the EU covers a lot of time zones too...  Silly solution, really. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

EVE Online came up with a solution. The owner sets a time window during which structures are vulnerable to attack.

Seems reasonable to me.

I fully agree with this. Games not fun when the ppl you are fighting decide to run during sea battle ( French and ships cough cough) And come back and offline you just because they can. Theyv destroyed 7-8 boats just because they can. I like the game but all in all has the fundimental problems that ark did. 

Edited by Afc

4 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Time differences in the USA can be significant, and the EU covers a lot of time zones too...  Silly solution, really. 

Ok so do you have a suggestion coggage?

8 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

ok sounds interesting, is there a Minimum amount of time per day which you have to allocate? 

It's not something I have a problem with, and the Devs never listen to suggestions anyway, Logand333, as witness the weight exploit on ships for example.  A myriad of solutions suggested and not one ever acted on.

Coggage - i understand they hardly ever listen but dont see the harm of hearing people suggestions/solutions...people normally go way off topic so they dont bother reading...maybe if people stay on topic.

Offline griefing is a massive issue, if you have experienced it or not..you will probably one day 

The op has a point the time for raiding works in Conan (ain't played in a while so no idea if it changed) but it worked. They want ppl onside so bringing up these topics do matter . The negative reviews are and will continue to hurt the game. So maybe just maybe they will listen eventually. 

20 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Tried that in Naval Action, massive flop there. So on the EU server I can just pick a night window that I may or may not have a night crew for.

EVE isn't exactly something to strife for as a model either.

On an EU server you could simply enable PvP between say 17:00 and 23:00 CET. Extended in weekends.

Edited by Shintai

3 minutes ago, Logand333 said:

Coggage - i understand they hardly ever listen but dont see the harm of hearing people suggestions/solutions...people normally go way off topic so they dont bother reading...maybe if people stay on topic.

Offline griefing is a massive issue, if you have experienced it or not..you will probably one day 

Simple solution add offline raid protection, prevent structures/tames/boats from being damage while players are offline.  Since this is a multi server game could just make this a "No players are online in this region" setting to prevent damage.

22 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Simple solution add offline raid protection, prevent structures/tames/boats from being damage while players are offline.  Since this is a multi server game could just make this a "No players are online in this region" setting to prevent damage.

Then people would just log off when under attack.

So it would have to happen only if they had been off for a certain amount of time.

I think as well as that clans should be able to set a certain amount of time each day to be protected from raids and that only works if no one is online.

38 minutes ago, Shintai said:

Tried that in Naval Action, massive flop there.

Yea well... the dev's for NA created their own set of issues which caused that to flop. Had they not, I never wold have purchased this game and I'd be out sailing my Snow right now chaining pirate wannabe's with my stern chasers.

1 hour ago, Shintai said:

Tried that in Naval Action, massive flop there. So on the EU server I can just pick a night window that I may or may not have a night crew for.

EVE isn't exactly something to strife for as a model either.

On an EU server you could simply enable PvP between say 17:00 and 23:00 CET. Extended in weekends.

Completey agree..even just test it out and see how it goes, i think this will work. Was the best thing about conan