Mansler

This is an English Colonization sim, not a pirate game; change my mind....

Between the Land Claims, Taxes, and Mega-centric mindset of the game developers, this game is about simulating English Colonization; not about setting sails on the high seas to pillage and plunder.

• Like 1

Feels more like the Spanish colonization really. Maybe the Germanic colonization.  Some play it like Dutch Colonization.

Don't even get me started on the Portuguese colonization simulation.

and the ottoman colonization. ugh. this game. amirite guys.

Personally I'm largely unconcerned with how to characterize or describe any game. Admittedly in Atlas's case this may very well be because I didn't buy it specifically seeking or desiring a pirate game, so it's understandable that those who did might be less than pleased with the current design.  I'm more focused on whether I am having fun playing it. Right now I'm having fun playing Atlas despite it's shortcomings and frustrations. As always ymmv.

1 hour ago, Mansler said:

Between the Land Claims, Taxes, and Mega-centric mindset of the game developers, this game is about simulating English Colonization; not about setting sails on the high seas to pillage and plunder.

Its a sandbox game make it what you want it to be 😉

Want to be a pirate.. well be one.. want to build an empire well build one.. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

Its a sandbox game make it what you want it to be 😉

Want to be a pirate.. well be one.. want to build an empire well build one.. 

The immersion is hard when all you see are barrels at sea and land claims with silly notices while you can´t see where you are due to the X and enemy claim colour being the same.

2 hours ago, Mansler said:

It's nothing wrong with a game about colonization; a game like this would support many different roles and playstyles and there certainly would be a place for pirates after all.

Too bad it's not about english colonization even.

Wasnt the golden age of pirates pretty much european colonization?

Edited by Archsenex

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

It’s the game you want it to play... right?

Yeah. In theory.

1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

Wasnt the golden age of pirates pretty much european colonization?

European colonies, arab corsairs/slave traders, and oriental ports is pretty much the gamut of the pirate age.

The game is a post apocalyptic high magic - high fantasy setting where flying island sky people were double crossed by evil pirates making a deal with evil god and crashing them into the ocean.