Sign in to follow this  
Daigari

Natural aging of building materials

For a day of real time, each element of the building should lose 5% of its strength

Thus, in 10 days, the abandoned building will lose half of its strength, and in 20 days it will fall apart completely

This will solve the problem of garbage on the servers, and to some extent solve the problem of uncontrolled mass development of huge territories.

Repair of buildings can be carried out with their own hands, or with the help of NPC personnel

To repair with the NPC, enough to put the necessary materials in the ship  resources box installed in the house

Each NPC staff should not serve more than 100 elements of the building in real day

Each NPC personnel must receive payment on an equal footing with the sailors of the ships

In order to avoid misunderstandings, one NPC should serve no more than 100 stone elements (or 200 elements of wooden elements) is not faster than a day, so that when the war, 20 NPC did not rush to fix one gates, until until the the resources.

Buildings with reduced strength should receive more damage during the assault, but not much, so as not to facilitate the assault.

This is my vision of game mechanics, in my opinion the most close to real life.  Of course, all these calculations-only my opinion.

A little metal for construction is always necessary! I do wonder how Your wooden buildings do not fall without nails 🙂

This is the world of pirates and ships, trips to distant Islands, for wealth, and all want to sit still, and build-build-build... It's not Sims-city!

Of course, in your remark there is a truth - metal ages very slowly, and it can be excluded from the process of natural aging.

Just now, Daigari said:

A little metal for construction is always necessary! I do wonder how Your wooden buildings do not fall without nails 🙂

This is the world of pirates and ships, trips to distant Islands, for wealth, and all want to sit still, and build-build-build... It's not Sims-city!

Of course, in your remark there is a truth - metal ages very slowly, and it can be excluded from the process of natural aging.

Why would people want to make trips to distant lands when there are so many issues of ships vanishing when changing grids, or bears disappearing when telling them to board a ship. Why do you want to make a world of pirate and ships even more of a grind?

And then the conversation is not about what made one or another element of the structure, and about the concept of wear and tear of these structures. In order for all these mega-bases, and entire Islands, surrounded by mega-gates, it was necessary to maintain in good condition

No. No more grind after the stone update. I''m fine with the stone update since there's plenty of paste and metal on our islands, but for other people you will make this game even that much harder. They made it twice as hard for certain players on certain islands, please don't make it 3x as hard.

50 minutes ago, Daigari said:

Thus, in 10 days, the abandoned building will lose half of its strength, and in 20 days it will fall apart completely

Yeah.. totally realistic. Stone buildings fall apart after 20 days all the time irl.

Seriously.. they added a pointless grind with sap and metal, and you want to now even make it so you basically rebuild all every 20 days? 😛  

If you are not in the game a couple of weeks, you have lost everything, and where is the problem to farm some resources for maintenance of buildings? If you have island surrounded by the entire a giant gates , and there is no power to contain such a number of buildings-remove some of them.

10 minutes ago, Gruberk said:

@[GP] GUYBRUSH THREEPWOOD

Build small things and unite with other peoples in your island for common structures, like stables, thats easy.

Dude seriously, actually consider what you are talking about.

Build small things? This IS my Island, you can't get much smaller than this!

YE7IO8r.jpg

I turned it into this:

pFKeu46.jpg

You are telling me you feel there should be a mechanic in the game where I have to repair every single structure I have ever built to prevent my base falling down?

Seriously you need to rethink what you are suggesting.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daigari said:

If you are not in the game a couple of weeks, you have lost everything, and where is the problem to farm some resources for maintenance of buildings? If you have island surrounded by the entire a giant gates , and there is no power to contain such a number of buildings-remove some of them.

'if youre not in the game a couple week's... Then don't play official. My god some people need to understand that when you play official, you need to have commitments. If you play official with a small group, you don't have space to leave for a couple weeks. 

1 hour ago, Daigari said:

For a day of real time, each element of the building should lose 5% of its strength

This will solve the problem of garbage on the servers, and to some extent solve the problem of uncontrolled mass development of huge territories.

Repair of buildings can be carried out with their own hands, or with the help of NPC personnel

To repair with the NPC, enough to put the necessary materials in the ship  resources box installed in the house

Each NPC staff should not serve more than 100 elements of the building in real day

Each NPC personnel must receive payment on an equal footing with the sailors of the ships

In order to avoid misunderstandings, one NPC should serve no more than 100 stone elements (or 200 elements of wooden elements) is not faster than a day, so that when the war, 20 NPC did not rush to fix one gates, until until the the resources.

Buildings with reduced strength should receive more damage during the assault, but not much, so as not to facilitate the assault.

This is my vision of game mechanics, in my opinion the most close to real life.  Of course, all these calculations-only my opinion.

God no.

People don't want age mechanics in the pirate games. We don't want them for our characters, and we don't want them for our buildings.

15 minutes ago, Percieval said:

'if youre not in the game a couple week's... Then don't play official. My god some people need to understand that when you play official, you need to have commitments. If you play official with a small group, you don't have space to leave for a couple weeks. 

I play official and I have commitment. I've played on official since day 1. I also play solo, but that hasn't stopped me. I've played 262 hours so far which over the course of existence of the game works out to 7.2 hours a day of commitment!

However, if I take a 2 week holiday that makes me uncommitted? Solo players aren't allowed to take holidays without the risk of losing everything?

If I logged out now and went on 2 week holiday all would be fine because i'd be on my land. How does taking a 2 week holiday make me uncommitted?

26 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I play official and I have commitment. I've played on official since day 1. I also play solo, but that hasn't stopped me. I've played 262 hours so far which over the course of existence of the game works out to 7.2 hours a day of commitment!

However, if I take a 2 week holiday that makes me uncommitted? Solo players aren't allowed to take holidays without the risk of losing everything?

If I logged out now and went on 2 week holiday all would be fine because i'd be on my land. How does taking a 2 week holiday make me uncommitted?

2 weeks of holidays are fine. I don't like the fact that there is no offline raid protection. But you can't be gone for weeks and thinking you will just keep everything. There still needs to be some kind of offline decay otherwise the map will be full of people that are gone and will never return. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daigari said:

You're wrong...

I just do not want to build all the time. But I want and need a safe haven where I can clear my cargo. Ammunition and supplies must be received.

I can not take my entire household at sea and the risk would be far too high. The construction of the base is required by the current game concept. Every minute or hour that I have to invest in maintaining my base is deducted from my active time at sea.