Sign in to follow this  
MagicPuncher

What happens if I never go to the FOY

Soooooo what happens to my character if I never go to the fountain of youth? I understand that eventually (later in development) my guy will die and pass his stuff on to someone in his will. But as of right now, does he just keep getting older forever? Does the debuff keep getting worse? Will he ever die (permanently) of old age? And if he does, what happens?

4 minutes ago, MagicPuncher said:

Soooooo what happens to my character if I never go to the fountain of youth? I understand that eventually (later in development) my guy will die and pass his stuff on to someone in his will. But as of right now, does he just keep getting older forever? Does the debuff keep getting worse? Will he ever die (permanently) of old age? And if he does, what happens?

Chances are if they haven't implemented the death system and don't intend to do so anytime soon you will either keep aging or find the maximum age that you can possibly get to.  I didn't look for it in the folders when I was digging around earlier but the debuff doesn't appear to have levels like the buff does(buff has 3 levels and unless they stack that's going to be the max). 

Nothing, i'm a 100 and have been for 2 days now, have the debuff and no change, but being on PvE I don't care as much as the game isn't balanced so with or without it, Ill sill get my ass handed to me by Mobs lol

I've heard from some that they are 101 now, so you may just keep aging. I'm 100 myself, I don't believe the debuff will get any worse than what you get at 90 yrs. So until they implement old age death nothing will happen more than the current debuff and grey hair.

Honestly after seeing what a cluster f*** the FoY is I'll just die of old age and make a new character before I deal with that bs. None for me thanks. I'm all full up on dealing with daily alpha cobras, alpha crocs, and alpha vultures and that just looks like the exact same kind of bs that entails x1000. Nope, not doing it. Hard pass, all day long. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

Honestly after seeing what a cluster f*** the FoY is I'll just die of old age and make a new character before I deal with that bs. None for me thanks. I'm all full up on dealing with daily alpha cobras, alpha crocs, and alpha vultures and that just looks like the exact same kind of bs that entails x1000. Nope, not doing it. Hard pass, all day long. 

so all your discoveries that allow you to  level past 51, or 52  that's a time savings as well?

8 minutes ago, trqfreak350 said:

so all your discoveries that allow you to  level past 51, or 52  that's a time savings as well?

I actually don't have that many discoveries now, so this is kind of a non-issue for me. Maybe by the time my next character gets old enough to need the FoY the devs will have put down whatever it is they're smoking and reconsider that giant cesspool of an idea. Or I'll have quit the game in frustration. Could go either way at this point.