Sign in to follow this  
Cantore

IDEA: Claims shrink over time when players are offline.

Hi Devs,

To help to promote ACTIVE players, and to encourage Company growth, the idea I have is to simply have the player's claim start to shrink after 10 days of inactivity, until 14 days, where they can be claimed very quickly, even if the player is asleep on his/her claim.

Those players around the shrinking claim will find their claims expanding (if not already at max) to cover their neighbor's land, until max claim radius is achieved. This idea opens land of other more-active companies to expand, or other new players to claim land finally.

Only if they fix the overlap bug first. We have already lost a flag to that bug and are now down to 1.

Yeah, the idea is that claim circles do NOT overlap one another. But the claim sizes grow as you are more active and the other guys aren't.

52 minutes ago, Cantore said:

Yeah, the idea is that claim circles do NOT overlap one another. But the claim sizes grow as you are more active and the other guys aren't.

And then he get back online, start playing regularly and what? Overlap the claims when his start to grow? Like take 3 days break, someone put a claim cause now there is a place and I overlap him the moment i resume regular play? 

not everyone has time to play each day, and if you are a part of a small company where people got wife and kids time tend to slip away fast , they need to overhaul the claim-having lands system anyways, with circles its just a horrid affair with overlapping and it causes tensions if someone starts slowly to overlap your 1 claim , seen several people been forced outa their claims as mega corps start taking over the area and suddenly they are beeing overlapped and forced to move as they suddenly loose acess to the beach-shipyard area 

I'm not even interested in claim flags right now, been there and done that. I've settle for lawless, it's the only way to play right now as the system is broken. There should have been a server wipe when they changed the rules of the game because here how it goes. They release the game, allow any player to spam flags all over the place, 1 person can take a whole island. A week later a new player arrives, they go out sailing at sea to come across every island covered in red flags.

They then announce we are changing the system, ok you say? Well I am pleased with this and so they should until you find out how they go about changing it. So they change it to allow original players to keep the land they have spammed flags on, give land to someone else in order for money back in taxes. (I still don't know if they can take land back once built on) so you tell me how the game is fair to everyone if they've allowed players to keep the land then change the goal posts?

What they should have done was wipe the servers if there was a rule change around claims, not allow spammers keep their land. I'm not a fan of losing all my stuff with server wipes but I can see why they are needed. The game is not fair to everyone and it's a shame the devs went down this route.

16 hours ago, Cantore said:

Hi Devs,

To help to promote ACTIVE players, and to encourage Company growth, the idea I have is to simply have the player's claim start to shrink after 10 days of inactivity, until 14 days, where they can be claimed very quickly, even if the player is asleep on his/her claim.

Those players around the shrinking claim will find their claims expanding (if not already at max) to cover their neighbor's land, until max claim radius is achieved. This idea opens land of other more-active companies to expand, or other new players to claim land finally.

How does this help landless players find claims?  Any claim someone has abandoned is already taken over by their neighbors automatically.  (That happens enough already since the neighbors know best when someone hasn't been around)