Sign in to follow this  
Stabby

99% travel, 1% gameplay (with friends)

This is ridiculous. It's almost impossible to play with friends because the revive points are, in some cases, 30 minutes travel time to get back to friends. Something needs to be done to revive closer to where we died. You devs realize that most of us are committing suicide dozens of times just to get a closer revive point to our friends?

Edited by Stabby

Set your own spawn point with a bed.

Other then that, yea, there should be a maximum range after death.

• Like 1

I think most of the spawn points were just tossed up because of over-stressed port towns, i see them going back to orig 15 after it all calms down, but yeah toss a flag down and a bed and ur good to go!

• Like 2

Like others said, place a bed down. Either on your claimed island or on your raft/ship. 

• Like 2

Beds were not working on ships/boats. They are now. But even then, sometimes the revive point is 30 minutes away from where your friends / guild are located.

What do you want? a game of pirates without navigating the ocean? No naval battles? or that everything is a beach?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Strovo said:

What do you want? a game of pirates without navigating the ocean? No naval battles? or that everything is a beach?

Way to totally miss the point of the post.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

Way to totally miss the point of the post.  

wrong, since yesterday in the afternoon that began to work better servers, I'm playing with my crew until less than 1 hour ago, we all could get together, if there are problems, remember that it is an alpha that we all pay knowing things that would happen.

See you when I see you.

18 minutes ago, Strovo said:

wrong, since yesterday in the afternoon that began to work better servers, I'm playing with my crew until less than 1 hour ago, we all could get together, if there are problems, remember that it is an alpha that we all pay knowing things that would happen.

See you when I see you.

Wrong.  I was playing  with my brother last night.  Beds don’t work.  I would die right near him and spawn on the other side of the Island so it became exactly what the op is saying.  Kill myself over and over and hope to spawn closer. Rarely did

• Like 1

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

Wrong.  I was playing  with my brother last night.  Beds don’t work.  I would die right near him and spawn on the other side of the Island so it became exactly what the op is saying.  Kill myself over and over and hope to spawn closer. Rarely did

What’s wrong about what he said? 

• Like 2

Just now, Percieval said:

What’s wrong about what he said? 

I don’t care about his alpha excuse.  What the op said is happening.  People that are going to quote people and say “it’s an alpha we should expect this” should just not waste the forum bandwidth instead. This is bugs suppport.  It’s here to discuss and report bugs hoping for support.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

I don’t care about his alpha excuse.  What the op said is happening.  People that are going to quote people and say “it’s an alpha we should expect this” should just not waste the forum bandwidth instead. This is bugs suppport.  It’s here to discuss and report bugs hoping for support.  

You’re followup didn’t make sense then? 

What has an alpha to do with the fact that you spawn random near islands? 

• Like 1

You’re followup didn’t make sense then? 

What has an alpha to do with the fact that you spawn random near islands? 

Because beds don’t work.  You reading my posts? Look at the op. I’m having the same issue.  

• Like 1

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

Because beds don’t work.  You reading my posts? Look at the op. I’m having the same issue.  

Beds are intended to not work on lawless islands? 

• Like 1

Beds are intended to not work on lawless islands? 

That’s an issue that needs to be fixed.  It would solve the ops issue.  Just not good design.  The answer to his problem should simply be “make a bed”. You don’t agree?

Edited by Rickyh24
  • Like 1

Just now, Rickyh24 said:

That’s an issue that needs to be fixed.  It would solve the ops issue.  Just not good design.  

But it isn’t an issue when it’s intended? 

When you don’t like a part of the game that doesn’t mean it’s broken and need to be fixed?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stabby said:

This is ridiculous. It's almost impossible to play with friends because the revive points are, in some cases, 30 minutes travel time to get back to friends. Something needs to be done to revive closer to where we died. You devs realize that most of us are committing suicide dozens of times just to get a closer revive point to our friends?

I found that people had luck making a tribe/company, inviting each other at a freeport, then making a bed somewhere to spawn at. This may not be a bad idea if you're able to get to the point of making a bed successfully.

Good luck!

Edited by TGibsonn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Percieval said:

But it isn’t an issue when it’s intended? 

When you don’t like a part of the game that doesn’t mean it’s broken and need to be fixed?

You realize they didn’t intend for people to spawn in  the lawless areas right? They need to adapt to their other changes.  Stop making excuses.  You can build there.  No reason you shouldn’t be able to put a bed there. 

Edited by Rickyh24
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TGibsonn said:

I found that people had luck making a tribe/company, inviting each other at a freeport, then making a bed somewhere to spawn at. This may not be a bad idea if you're able to get to the point of making a bed successfully.

Good luck!

Most of us still can’t get into a free port though.  

5 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

You realize they didn’t intend for people to spawn in  the lawless areas right? They need to adapt to their other changes.  Stop making excuses.  You can build there.  No reason you shouldn’t be able to put a bed there. 

They won’t. Placing beds only on your own territory was intended and will stay since it is not a big issue at this moment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

They won’t. Placing beds only on your own territory was intended and will stay since it is not a big issue at this moment. 

Again....Spawning in lawless territorys was never intended.  Yet here we are...spawning in lawless territories.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

That was NEVER intended. A bed is a bed. It's intended purpose is to use as a spawn point. It would have been easier to claim land if the launch was successful. We would have already established out claims and bases. D9 for example, it has FIVE islands in that one node. Revive points are RNG. If we could put a bed down and use it to revive we might actually be able to progress. This is costing us dearly. The island is covered with Aplhas now and it's very hard to run back. D9 was always intended to be a claimable node.

We need beds to revive us. Now, not later.

6 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Again....Spawning in lawless territorys was never intended.  Yet here we are...spawning in lawless territories.  

Not saying spawning in lawless territories was never intended 🙂 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stabby said:

i agree somewhat. there has to come a better system to spawn near you allies if you have them.. especially for newer players.

• Like 1