Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Why are NA Official Servers Located in Germany?

Simple answer... server provider.

The few EU based games I have found that got US based hosting have had the WORST providers in the history of service providers.  

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Simple answer... server provider.

The few EU based games I have found that got US based hosting have had the WORST providers in the history of service providers.  

Doesn't that mean tha EU player will have better ping when playing NA?, that's interesting, though that wouldst be problem to play on NA.

I think you are wrong, i am german, tried the NA servers and had horrible Ping.

1 minute ago, Talono said:

I think you are wrong, i am german, tried the NA servers and had horrible Ping.

Tbh, everywhere ping is trash..., unless the server have like 20 max players, those are just some wired potatos not servers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Doesn't that mean tha EU player will have better ping when playing NA?, that's interesting, though that wouldst be problem to play on NA.

Honestly I dont know. I am a NA player playing on the EU server.. I have a NA character but I dont play on there because well the server has issues.

Ye I can confirm (I live in europe) and I have horrible ping when I tried out the NA server too. 

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

Ye I can confirm (I live in europe) and I have horrible ping when I tried out the NA server too. 

While I'm not an expert, my personal belief hearing about this is that it has to do with how traffic for the game is routed, more so then the actual location of the servers, since Wildcard probably has contract with their service provider (Which is in Europe). 

It's likely Connecting to NA servers routes you through a US hub before hitting EU, while EU servers routes you through EU hubs. If you're in EU and try an NA server, you'll route to a hub somewhere, likely, in Atlanta before being bounced over business/commercial grade networks to their service host provider in Germany. 

As an aside, I'm unsure if the US has server/network architecture sufficient for Wildcard's needs available to their financial situation. In terms of that sort of technological availability, US has lagged behind for some time, and it would explain why we're playing games on servers in Europe despite playing on an NA server. 

Edited by Ellentro