Sign in to follow this  
Tobekan

Combat animal/mount for treasure hunting

Hi Everyone!

I'm curious if anyone else enjoys trying to solo treasure maps (I get some are made for groups)?  If you're using mounts, which ones are you finding to be the best for fighting off the damned that spawn when treasure hunting.  I have had some issues with multiple boss-like mobs and my wolf running out of stamina.  Any suggestions?  Are bears the best?  Does level matter more?

Thanks!

Use fire arrows.  Shoot one on the ground and run around so you dont catch on fire.  I thought my wolf did ok though.  It was a lvl 30 start tame.  However, I am cautious using tames because if you accidentally run into an alpha your tame is dead.   I find it better to leave them on boats until Alphas get some balance.

5 minutes ago, Tobekan said:

Hi Everyone!

I'm curious if anyone else enjoys trying to solo treasure maps (I get some are made for groups)?  If you're using mounts, which ones are you finding to be the best for fighting off the damned that spawn when treasure hunting.  I have had some issues with multiple boss-like mobs and my wolf running out of stamina.  Any suggestions?  Are bears the best?  Does level matter more?

Thanks!

Higher level definitely helps with damage/hp but we've found the best mounts for doing treasure hunting was the Tiger.  The bleed effect does wonders when taking down the "soldiers" that have higher hp/damage resistance.  But MrHeid is correct, alphas will own them very quickly especially solo so fire arrows / distance fighting might be your best bet.

Or shoot arrows at their heads, they are easy once archers are gone, they have some serious aimbot and can even hit thro their own guys so take them out first and the rest just kite arround.

I just put swivel guns on my Sloop, park it near where the map location is.. go get them to agro on me then run back to the boat... jump on the swivel gun and then shoot them with canister or grape.   Pretty easy money actually.