Sign in to follow this  
Stimpack

Weight weight wtf weight

Hey guys,

the usage of most weight glitches has been disabled due to the last patch. but the question is: why does ppl use those glitches? yes, cause there is no legit way ingame to transport even a Little bit of weight. i skilled nearly every point in weight until lvl 50, so i got round about 600-650 weight. If i harvest 2 metal notes, i am overencoumbered. i mean x2 harvest is nice to have, but if i need 20 minutes to get back to my base to store it........ thats not helping at all.

so in my opinion ther should be a weight reduction over all on basic resources or they should add additional weight to the cargo saddles.

i mean its just pain in the ass to transport materials at land. If the game gives us the opportunity to transport stuff, no one would take advantage of glitches. there is no fucking bronto / quetz / gasbag or whatever in this game. just shitty lvl 30 tames with no weight.

• Like 2

That's the point it's not suppose to be easy for you to transport tons of stuff around by yourself.

You can take an elephant or bear and level up their weight to transport stuff around. Certainly needs a few more options to get the animals to carry more.. 

But you really need to work with others to move large amounts of stuff. 

Edited by Caldrin
  • Thanks 2

My horse has like 700 weight plus myself which is at 400 I believe does just fine.  I just have my horse follow me to split the load.  If that's possible for you?

nah, i guess we will find another glitch instead ^^

but thx for your Reply!

Edited by Stimpack

I mean cant even put a box on the cargo saddle...whats the POINT!!! It should be renamed to Gun carriage if you cant put storage on a CARGO saddle and use it for CARGO.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Stimpack said:

Hey guys,

the usage of most weight glitches has been disabled due to the last patch. but the question is: why does ppl use those glitches? yes, cause there is no legit way ingame to transport even a Little bit of weight. i skilled nearly every point in weight until lvl 50, so i got round about 600-650 weight. If i harvest 2 metal notes, i am overencoumbered. i mean x2 harvest is nice to have, but if i need 20 minutes to get back to my base to store it........ thats not helping at all.

so in my opinion ther should be a weight reduction over all on basic resources or they should add additional weight to the cargo saddles.

i mean its just pain in the ass to transport materials at land. If the game gives us the opportunity to transport stuff, no one would take advantage of glitches. there is no fucking bronto / quetz / gasbag or whatever in this game. just shitty lvl 30 tames with no weight.

I’m pretty sure we will see some carrages with horses in the future. But until I’m fine with everything they have now. I can easily transport 500 wood, that’s something that shouldn’t be any more. 

52 minutes ago, Ravenguard said:

I mean cant even put a box on the cargo saddle...whats the POINT!!! It should be renamed to Gun carriage if you cant put storage on a CARGO saddle and use it for CARGO.

Having a cargo saddle that has no meaningful ability to carry cargo is a misnomer and pointlessly deceptive. If the devs intend to keep its current functionality it should absolutely have its name changed to gun carriage. I was disappointed and irritated when I made one only to discover it wasn’t useful in the slightest for the purpose it’s NAME led me to believe it would be useful for. I’d also like to point out that making one requires organic paste, which requires sap. In some places sap is plentiful, in others hard to get your hands on. If I had wasted a portion of a precious store of sap to make a cargo saddle that couldn’t carry cargo, I’d really be irate.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

My first thought was a bull and cart to come with me to transport goods

I was wrong. Can you put chest on the cart?

Only artillery apparently.

40 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Having a cargo saddle that has no meaningful ability to carry cargo is a misnomer and pointlessly deceptive. If the devs intend to keep its current functionality it should absolutely have its name changed to gun carriage. I was disappointed and irritated when I made one only to discover it wasn’t useful in the slightest for the purpose it’s NAME led me to believe it would be useful for. I’d also like to point out that making one requires organic paste, which requires sap. In some places sap is plentiful, in others hard to get your hands on. If I had wasted a portion of a precious store of sap to make a cargo saddle that couldn’t carry cargo, I’d really be irate.

If you are anywhere near M4 there is an island in the south west with plenty sap.  However I do agree not being able to use the horse or bear for the cargo saddle in any useful manner is a tad annoying.  You can apparently put ballista on it as well as cannons though and I'm not entirely sure but I think my fellow company members put explosive barrels on them as well while trying to figure out what the use of it was.

2 hours ago, Stimpack said:

Hey guys,

lemme guess, another pve kid.

6 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

lemme guess, another pve kid.

lemme guess, another malcontent who thinks that people who like to play games differently from the way he prefers are somehow worthy of his contempt. If your mother didn't love you enough, that is not the internet's fault. Try to keep this in mind. Seeing you be pointlessly derisive and go out of your way to belittle the entire pve game mode in practically every thread you post in is tiresome. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

lemme guess, another malcontent who thinks that people who like to play games differently from the way he prefers are somehow worthy of his contempt. If your mother didn't love you enough, that is not the internet's fault. Try to keep this in mind. Seeing you be pointlessly derisive and go out of your way to belittle the entire pve game mode in practically every thread you post in is tiresome. 

You can play the game any way you want... thats what I love about Sandbox... but what I don't like is you cluttering the forums with this crap.

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

You can play the game any way you want... thats what I love about Sandbox... but what I don't like is you cluttering the forums with this crap.

You don't have any more right to YOUR crap cluttering the forums than anyone else. There are pvp and pve forum areas. If you only want to see pvp posts, there is a place for that. Stop acting like what you want is what matters on a general discussion forum area. It reeks of entitlement and self centeredness.

12 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

You don't have any more right to YOUR crap cluttering the forums than anyone else. There are pvp and pve forum areas. If you only want to see pvp posts, there is a place for that. Stop acting like what you want is what matters on a general discussion forum area. It reeks of entitlement and self centeredness.

I am very entitled and centered as all humans are... I don't shitpost the forums throwing a fit because I am too lazy to counter the thing that makes me not able to play the game.  Its quiet pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I am very entitled and centered as all humans are... I don't shitpost the forums throwing a fit because I am too lazy to counter the thing that makes me not able to play the game.  Its quiet pathetic.

One could easily argue all you do is shitpost, by going to anything PvE related and throwing a fit about it being PvE related.

Just now, Vaenix said:

One could easily argue all you do is shitpost, by going to anything PvE related and throwing a fit about it being PvE related.

I am saying if all of them are too lazy to counter it in game, and then too lazy to read the forums and see its been mentioned a million times... and decide that if they say it, it will matter... then yeah... I'ma be there... to remind them.... No one cares.

25 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I am saying if all of them are too lazy to counter it in game, and then too lazy to read the forums and see its been mentioned a million times... and decide that if they say it, it will matter... then yeah... I'ma be there... to remind them.... No one cares.

So your argument amounts to:

My shitposting is fine. Other people’s is no good.

I sense a greater level of self centeredness than average.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

Just now, boomervoncannon said:

So your argument amounts to:

My shitposting is fine. Other people’s is no good.

I sense a greater level of self centeredness than average.

I have no arguments, just stating my opinion on other people's opinion threads.... the only person that can say we are right or wrong would be the visionary... IE the Developers.... cause only then could it be pointed out that either of us are wrong or right.  

i have an issue with how weight works in this game as well. If it says my carry weight is 550 (which it is since i've also put a ton of points into it) It should BE 550. but it is NOT. I should not be over-encumbered before i reach this max weight listed. Sure, once it's over, but the icon is pretty useless IMO. it doesn't have a marker on it when i hit encumbered. There's no indication except when the weight icon shows up. If you have an icon that fills up you should not be filled up until it reaches the top. Just like all the other icons. I'm not at full health when the heart is close to the top. I am not full of food/water when the icon is mostly filled up. This should be the same for carry weight.

I can still move with 1100 weight on me so it's not like making it able to move freely at my full carry weight should be an issue.

It's a deceptive stat. 

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I have no arguments, just stating my opinion on other people's opinion threads.... the only person that can say we are right or wrong would be the visionary... IE the Developers.... cause only then could it be pointed out that either of us are wrong or right.  

Interesting, if you truly believe the devs are who decide who is right and who is wrong about this, why are you still posting here with this crap?

Atlas released with PvE and PvP modes, the game description includes all of the mechanics for a functioning and thriving PvE game.  The forums were designed in such a manner to facilitate PvE and PvP discussions, bug posts, complaints, and informational threads. 

That alone has most of us believing the devs have made this game for both PvE and PvP.  Why do you in your little bubble think that they are wrong then?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Interesting, if you truly believe the devs are who decide who is right and who is wrong about this, why are you still posting here with this crap?

Atlas released with PvE and PvP modes, the game description includes all of the mechanics for a functioning and thriving PvE game.  The forums were designed in such a manner to facilitate PvE and PvP discussions, bug posts, complaints, and informational threads. 

That alone has most of us believing the devs have made this game for both PvE and PvP.  Why do you in your little bubble think that they are wrong then?

The game is made for PVP, there is an easy mode difficulty section called PVE... for people who can't handle losing pixels.... its common to have difficulty levels in games as not all gamers are good enough to play a certain levels and you don't want to alienate them... EG: PVE servers.... 

But that being said the game shouldn't be designed for lower skill, and lazy people.... a lot of big companies learned that you balance the game at the TOP... at the skilled players... EG: PVP.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Virkatjol said:

i have an issue with how weight works in this game as well. If it says my carry weight is 550 (which it is since i've also put a ton of points into it) It should BE 550. but it is NOT. I should not be over-encumbered before i reach this max weight listed. Sure, once it's over, but the icon is pretty useless IMO. it doesn't have a marker on it when i hit encumbered. There's no indication except when the weight icon shows up. If you have an icon that fills up you should not be filled up until it reaches the top. Just like all the other icons. I'm not at full health when the heart is close to the top. I am not full of food/water when the icon is mostly filled up. This should be the same for carry weight.

I can still move with 1100 weight on me so it's not like making it able to move freely at my full carry weight should be an issue.

It's a deceptive stat. 

So this is a carry over from Arks way of handling weight.  You have to think of weight as "Max Capacity" not "Carry Weight".  Not saying there aren't issues one way or the other or ways it can be improved just want to help people understand what is actually happening.

With the weight of 550 kg, you can store 550 kg of items, you cannot however move(if they fixed that glitch).  You also should not be able to pick up more to over encumber yourself.

You begin moving slower once you reach about 80-85% of this max carry weight you begin moving slower.  So basically with that carry weight you should stop picking up items at around 440 kg, this would help prevent your reduced movement speed.