Sign in to follow this  
rymere83

PVE Potential Issues

This isnt an issue yet as the overweight patch just came out but I can already see potential problems and new exploits.

Since no one can board ships and rafts without special permission, if I was a betting pirate,  I would  think that a certain eastern culture of people will start to set up raft/ramshackle sloop blockades and literally block in everyone. With no way to move other players ships all someone has to do is make a row of ships and rafts to block someone from leaving the island or prevent ships from getting close.

41 minutes ago, rymere83 said:

This isnt an issue yet as the overweight patch just came out but I can already see potential problems and new exploits.

Since no one can board ships and rafts without special permission, if I was a betting pirate,  I would  think that a certain eastern culture of people will start to set up raft/ramshackle sloop blockades and literally block in everyone. With no way to move other players ships all someone has to do is make a row of ships and rafts to block someone from leaving the island or prevent ships from getting close.

A bit far fetched, dont you think? The weight exploit needed a fix, this is at least a start. 

43 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

Don't forget ships take damage slowly when not anchored. It'd require maintenance.

Yeah but nothing goes un-anchored usually 

1 minute ago, Grongash said:

A bit far fetched, dont you think? The weight exploit needed a fix, this is at least a start. 

No man...thats well within certain peoples a-hole mentality and capability

4 minutes ago, AntonyVW said:

Its not only possible its already been tried

already? lol patch hasn't even been out that long

17 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Not far fetched at all. People were doing it before the weight griefing fix. Albeit this was not related to blocking people but more for making a bridge, but still it just goes to show it is not far fetched in the slightest. Never underestimate what people will think of and do to grief others.

Wouldn't be easier to just build big gates around the ship? 😛 I've seen also shipyards around the ship but this is significant investment in resources. 

There is a balance of how much work is needed vs how much satisfaction one can get. They are patching the easiest and imho most satisfying exploits which should cut on number of griefers significantly. 

Also blocking ship with rafts or building will not provide immediate satisfaction of sinking the ship, won't provide materials, etc, so hopefully all impatient, immediate gratification griefers will very quickly get bored and move on.

13 minutes ago, Elrood said:

Wouldn't be easier to just build big gates around the ship? 😛 I've seen also shipyards around the ship but this is significant investment in resources. 

There is a balance of how much work is needed vs how much satisfaction one can get. They are patching the easiest and imho most satisfying exploits which should cut on number of griefers significantly. 

Also blocking ship with rafts or building will not provide immediate satisfaction of sinking the ship, won't provide materials, etc, so hopefully all impatient, immediate gratification griefers will very quickly get bored and move on.

Cant build gates as most ships will be parked near shipyards or base. But other ships can go anywhere with no restrictions. Dont underestimate a certain eastern ethnic group that wants to F over everyone else... 

Just now, rymere83 said:

Cant build gates as most ships will be parked near shipyards or base. But other ships can go anywhere with no restrictions. Dont underestimate a certain eastern ethnic group that wants to F over everyone else... 

I hope I don't underestimate anyone, but i also try not to overestimate people. Sure, some will steal giref and sink ships, but this number should be lower - unless another easy way to sink stuff is found - then its different story.
Beside from what i saw in game, for real effort to be put by anyone but the most hardcore griefes, victim need to do something interesting to really piss them off. This something will need to be bigger and bigger, harder it is to grief.

From what I understand is it only applies to docked/anchored ships. Creating a blockade that can anchor in deeper water would be costly and difficult