Sign in to follow this  
Pax

Well... Im out GG all

Seeing as the Devs never bothered to fix the exploits and in the 5 hours i was sleeping griefers were able to come in and sink all of my ships. ( 1gally, 2 brigs and 2 sloops). I'm out guys been fun but whats the point when your griefed by players and the game itself,  the server spawns alphas inside your taming pens, a rattlesnake spawns inside your house when your sleeping or someone sinks all your ships just cause they can.

Literally 291 hours of work gone cause someone decided they can only enjoy this game by ruining it for other PVE players.

So till major improvements are made no point in playing. 

PaX Vayln (Echo Hill)  NA-PVE N12

PS. no you cant have my land.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was hopeful that the coy "fixed exploit" patch note was for sinking through weight, but no dice on my test server, still super easy to do.  Looks like it's still the best way to build ships is to just sink other people's on PVE

3 hours ago, Archsenex said:

I was hopeful that the coy "fixed exploit" patch note was for sinking through weight, but no dice on my test server, still super easy to do.  Looks like it's still the best way to build ships is to just sink other people's on PVE

Not sure when they dropped that patch but it happened to me on official between 12 and 0500am PST 

Maybe you were griefed so you would quit, and then they could take your land....

Honestly, I don't believe this exploit hasn't been patched because they don't want to, or don't care about it. But rather, they are not sure or able to code in a solution that works for PVE only. Just my guess of course.

Let me pose this to you then... why do you believe they haven't just fixed the issue if there is no excuse? And if it's as simple as turning off weight damage to ships, why wouldn't they have done it yet? Somehow, I feel there is more going on here than just "turn off" or on something.

I want this fixed as badly as anyone. I've lost countless ships to this BS. But I certainly don't want a fix that creates more issues, or more griefing benefits... such as the add bonus of anyone salvaging a sunk ship. I get why salvaging is a part of game play, but this just fueled the sinking of ships and benefited the griefers. 

• Like 1

Pax, You'll be missed My neighbor, who will Suslik and I have to chat with now? I get it. Logging in to sunk ships, I seen how hard you guys worked to get what you had, and to log in after a few hours of sleep to have someone sink your ships and salvage them is very disheartening. 200+ hours in I've got my 24.99 worth of gameplay. Just wish there was a fix for mean people. since we started  playing on N12 it has been nothing but hardship everyday and we all kept on going, but the sinking of our ships is for sure a game killer. with out ships its just an ARK but smaller. hope to see you guys some day again like tomorrow when you log in and wish you had a reset.

• Like 1

it was cool in my node until yesterday where people came and start to sink ships to claim lands

so they re claiming lands with max tax elephants going on ships they re only 3 or 4 and sink ships

griefing seems a new way to play for a lot of people

game mechanics are so easy to exploit

so the only def is griefing too ?

snowball effect because devs seems just blind or may be they just dont read forums

oh yeah so skilled to overweight something and destroy it = level zero gameplay 

its just pathetic like people doing this 

I would like to say that after posting my letter with a buch cooler head i am happy for the very quick reaction from the devs and the new fix for this problem... 

14 hours ago, Pax said:

I would like to say that after posting my letter with a buch cooler head i am happy for the very quick reaction from the devs and the new fix for this problem... 

But they dont fix the problem, they create another big problem, u will see if u come back 

My old company had a base near you on N12. They quit because an alligator ate our galleon. I quit the company when I figured out no one was going to be playing with me anymore.