Sign in to follow this  
kampfer91

Improve farming and cooking skill tree please .

I want to be a chef and researched everything in the Farming and Cooking skill tree , but i found some serious problems with this tree .

1/ For farming : The only gimmick is that your crop will grow a bit faster and that is it , since the update that improve farming , having shorter grow timer is really not a problem  . However , everyone still have the same mini game and harvest bonus . Those with farming skill have no advantage in these mini games .

+ suggestion :  Change soil tiling skill so that it will make the mini game much more easier and yield more crops than those who don't have the skill . Keep the soil growth bonus .

2/ For cooking : look at those recipe , some required exotic ingredients which can't be found on a grid  , yet many recipes provide same vitamin , both cheap one and expensive one and thus there is no reason to cook the most advance recipes .

+suggestion : Advance recipe provide at least 3 vitamins or even 4 , and with high crafting skill there is a chance that food will provide a random buff .

Edited by kampfer91
  • Like 1

The foods have buffs already so there is no need to really provide a random one.  They also seem to help balance your vitamins much better(lowering one stat while raising another).  So from that perspective I would say you already have some really nice options to choose from, however they do require exotic ingredients some, perhaps with your suggestion instead of changing the existing ones why not add a few new ones that are a bit more basic and can roll for a chance to increase the vitamin buff with the better cooking skills. 

As for farming, I've not done a lot of the minigame post patch so I'd say you are not wrong, there could be some work done there maybe make it more like the firearm reloading skills where it increases the area for success in the minigame/increases time to do the game.  Or just remove said minigame and allow the farmers to till the soil for a set bonus based on skill level.

From what i ate , only ale actually does something , the rest of the food only provide 2 vitamins while filled more foods than average cooked meat . so i usually just cook the basic 2 basic recipes that provide 2 kind of vitamins instead of trying to cook the advance recipe .

I just harvested 600 wheat from 4 crop plots. Farming is fine. No I didn't get a lot of the mini bonuses. but I have the skills in hand harvesting. In 2 harvests in less than an hour.

Edited by Sadie Blackhawk

Up to now I only took Cooking for the Water Barrel then got Basic Farming to try it out. At the time the yields were one to four berries, veggies or whatever. Total waste of time.

I'd give it another go but there's nothing worth growing when I can quickly harvest fruit and veg in the hundreds.

I might grow stuff to Tame animals with IF seeds dropped and IF Tamed animals lasted longer than 60 seconds. 😄

Farming is broken OP when it was broken UP.

Need to drop it to 2-3 crops and then 10-15 crop with tilling, tilling is useless.

Food is weird. Booze gives a great buff, berry tea  gives nothing (like little vit A and nearly no water).

Food needs a re-explanation and clearly stated buffs/nutrition on the recipe.

There are hidden buffs for higher tier foods.. Like some give higher melee damage, others give more health, others raise your intelligence.