Sign in to follow this  
Sebastin

Snakes snakes more snakes

Logged into camp to find it over ran with snakes at least 10. Also after killing them they kept respawning and owning the camp.  Killed the tame animals ect.  Anything else notice high amount of snakes?

1 hour ago, Sebastin said:

Logged into camp to find it over ran with snakes at least 10. Also after killing them they kept respawning and owning the camp.  Killed the tame animals ect.  Anything else notice high amount of snakes?

Everyday man, every day. Every 1 we kill is replaced by 2. Non-stop, all day long. That we get anything done at all is a bloody miracle. The non-aggro animals that spawn are killed within minutes. We didn't even think non-aggros spawned on our island for the longest time until we witnessed their horrible fate.

IRL if an island had such a lopsided predator to prey ratio, the predators would start eating each other and cull the population. But not in this silly ass game. In this game, for predators, it's happy fun get along time, all the time! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2019 at 10:41 AM, archaegeo said:

Pirate skill tree, second down on right, has diving rig in it

Put diving rig on ship, put oil (any kind including fish) in the diving rig inventory, suit will go on when you hit E on diving rig.

Lol. I had  an alpha camp me  for hours .

I’ve got snakes, too!!  Giant snakes, rattlesnakes, and crocosnakes (not to be confused with the vicious, dreaded Crocostimpy).  It’s freakin reptile central.  

It wasn't so bad when you could one shot them with a pistol. Now you can't unless they are really low level. Melee is useless because of their venom. So there's nothing to do but kite them all over the place while trying to reload and not have them catch up to you. And then while you are kiting them around, you run into a few more snakes. It's a mess.

Stone arrows, plate and a bit of room and 3-4 snakes (not alpha) shouldn't be a problem. I have 10 in fort and can get bit 3 times, kill them and still make it back in the house if I need to. If you're lucky, 2 headshots is all it takes per snake. If you do meet an alpha two fire arrows will do the trick.

At least with snakes you can kite them around.. far worse with packs of wolves that do the same thing.  Kill 1, 3 more spawn but they're actually fast and can kill you a lot faster as well.  I'd much rather have a snake issue than a wolf issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pappy Green said:

Stone arrows, plate and a bit of room and 3-4 snakes (not alpha) shouldn't be a problem. I have 10 in fort and can get bit 3 times, kill them and still make it back in the house if I need to. If you're lucky, 2 headshots is all it takes per snake. If you do meet an alpha two fire arrows will do the trick.

The problem isn't that we don't know how to kill snakes. The problem is the snakes aren't alone, for one thing, because we also get crocs, which are now faster than us on land, working with the snakes, and the snakes never end. We literally spend like 90% of our time running from snakes, the rest is gathering resources, most of which goes towards repairs and ammo for fighting the snakes, which now takes 2x as much ammo because the devs, in their infinite wisdom, decided to nerf guns. 

And you don't always get that perfect scenario where you see the snakes coming and you can start kiting them. Sometimes they spawn right on top of you. Sometimes they chase you into even more snakes and crocs and/or a wolf. Sometimes you get stuck on a rock or a tree because you're running backward and they all catch up to you and you're dead in seconds. 

Yes, I have crocs too. All I can say is, excepting when they spawn on you, be aware of your surroundings, your stamina, weight and escape routes. Use your ears and your eyes, I almost always hear snakes before I can see them. Even then, sometimes you'll get caught out. I agree balance needs a lot of work, but work with what you've got.