pygmy

How do i interact with trade ships?

I sailed up to the ship but it did not stop and i could not see any button to press in order to interact and trade with the NPC so someone who knows how i trade with them?

Just now, Case of the Scurvy said:

Ya they never stop. Sort of a pain in the ace really.

Sink them then and then trade with the merchant.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

Sink them then and then trade with the merchant.

Since when can you sink them? i shot about 170 cannonballs into 1 and 0 damage (pve)

Edited by Case of the Scurvy

Just now, Case of the Scurvy said:

Since when can you sink them.. i shot about 170 cannonballs into 1 and 0 damage (pve)

170?, that's... a big investment, considering propably seen already after the first shoot they did no damage. Also if they are not sinkable then eh, guess wait when they fix that we guess, if ever.

We have tried numerous ways to get them to stop but nothing..  The best way we have found is just to have a friend with you to control your ship and keep it around 70% sails to stay next to them while you jump over and make your purchases then jump back when done.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

170?, that's... a big investment, considering propably seen already after the first shoot they did no damage. Also if they are not sinkable then eh, guess wait when they fix that we guess, if ever.

Didnt really care, just unloaded on him lol. Just incase but ya unsinkable.

6 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Didnt really care, just unloaded on him lol. Just incase but ya unsinkable.

There should be a possibility to sink them, or atleast once they maybe add some justice system where robbing them is bad. Guess they just slapped immortality on them so SoDs don't kill them right away.

Edited by Nightstrasza

43 minutes ago, Smeltn1 said:

We have tried numerous ways to get them to stop but nothing..  The best way we have found is just to have a friend with you to control your ship and keep it around 70% sails to stay next to them while you jump over and make your purchases then jump back when done.  

Great workaround actually, got a problem thought. Even thought i promote this game to my friends and even thought it's buggy its a real fun game or atleast i think it has alot of opential when they sort out many anoying things. They still do not want to join and im on a private server and just messing around myself with a x5 on everything so i can basiclly do everyrhing myself besides this then 

1 hour ago, pygmy said:

I sailed up to the ship but it did not stop and i could not see any button to press in order to interact and trade with the NPC so someone who knows how i trade with them?

The way I saw a Youtuber do it was they basically pulled their ship directly in front of the merchant and stopped. That was before this patch but it probably still works. 

26 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

The way I saw a Youtuber do it was they basically pulled their ship directly in front of the merchant and stopped. That was before this patch but it probably still works. 

What about ramming damage, won't trader cause damage or glitch in or make the ship go into space?

14 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

What about ramming damage, won't trader cause damage or glitch in or make the ship go into space?

The trader stopped short of ramming the Youtuber in the video I saw. They neither glitched or flew into space, the guy was able to hop on the trader ship and deal with him and leave without incidents of weirdness. Will it work like that every time? Possibly not, it's EA, bugs happen, things break. I can't make such promises on behalf of the developers. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Warspectre said:

The trader stopped short of ramming the Youtuber in the video I saw. They neither glitched or flew into space, the guy was able to hop on the trader ship and deal with him and leave without incidents of weirdness. Will it work like that every time? Possibly not, it's EA, bugs happen, things break. I can't make such promises on behalf of the developers. 

Thx for the info.