Sign in to follow this  
prodesu

Can anyone justify this patch for me?

So, you make tamed animals MUCH weaker while still having very strong wild animals (will no doubt affect small companies the most). Sure, you made them easier to tame, which makes me feel stupid for going to another island to find honey now. You make large gates much more difficult to craft, making bigger tribes with already established bases have a big advantage. You take away the ability to respec without mentioning it anywhere (that I can find, certainly not in the patchnotes I just combed through them), again affecting small companies more.

Is there anything that is actually good about this patch? I'm really loving this game but damn what were you thinking here?

All the things you said I agree,but theres so much stuff they changed on this patch,saying anything actually good? comeon..

Been able to finally lock everything against stealers,and boat griefers sinking ships? not good?

Land claims change so anyone can build on them not good?

Farming made good and thus cooking as well not good?(actually finally raised frekin 5 min decomp to 2:25 hours? and get seeds!)

Theres so many changes,most of them are massive,its like I have a brand new game now,havnt touched farming for example now its gone occupy me.. 

13 minutes ago, prodesu said:

So, you make tamed animals MUCH weaker while still having very strong wild animals (will no doubt affect small companies the most). Sure, you made them easier to tame, which makes me feel stupid for going to another island to find honey now. You make large gates much more difficult to craft, making bigger tribes with already established bases have a big advantage. You take away the ability to respec without mentioning it anywhere (that I can find, certainly not in the patchnotes I just combed through them), again affecting small companies more.

Is there anything that is actually good about this patch? I'm really loving this game but damn what were you thinking here?

If the damage scaling of tames has been reduced by 40%, add 40% or more Tames to your equation....especially that they have made taming easier.

With that said, it was still worth it to get honey, as the taming effectiveness of using alternative foods is lower. You will still get the best bear for your tame with honey.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, prodesu said:

Tames are much stronger now, as long as you use the skills from the beast mastery tree and the damage reduction they take now. Might want to check your facts before you post on the forums.

1 minute ago, darcek said:

Been able to finally lock everything against stealers,and boat griefers sinking ships? not good?

Honestly it was a complete joke that wasn't the case on day one to be honest. The games in alpha and all but its a no brainer that you shouldn't be able to rob other players in PvE.

And the ship sinking isn't fixed. You don't need open containers on a ship to sink it since a player can use exploits to carry an infinite amount of weight and still move.  

14 minutes ago, darcek said:

All the things you said I agree,but theres so much stuff they changed on this patch,saying anything actually good? comeon..

Land claims change so anyone can build on them not good?

Farming made good and thus cooking as well not good?(actually finally raised frekin 5 min decomp to 2:25 hours? and get seeds!)

Theres so many changes,most of them are massive,its like I have a brand new game now,havnt touched farming for example now its gone occupy me.. 

So yeah I might've been a bit hyperbolic, there are some decent additions too, but they're all minor in comparison. This patch creates some really huge issues for a small tribe on a pvp server like ours.

And thanks Teach, makes my trip not feel as wasted :).

I doubt they're stronger Evir, but maybe I rushed my judgement on this. Will follow up and see, but the other points still stand.

Can't respec either, and there was no warning for that being removed. All those new skill points went to a useless, terrible late-tree skill that I'd love to get rid of. 😕

3 minutes ago, LockeMurdock said:

Can't respec either, and there was no warning for that being removed. All those new skill points went to a useless, terrible late-tree skill that I'd love to get rid of. 😕

You need to level once passed the level you were prior to the patch to resume respecs.

I did level up, but maybe I need a second one to do the trick. Another member of our crew wasn't able to respec after leveling either, though.

4 hours ago, LockeMurdock said:

I did level up, but maybe I need a second one to do the trick. Another member of our crew wasn't able to respec after leveling either, though.

I can state one of our lowbies leveled up 4 times yesterday post patch and got respecs. I think they jammed it and you need a few levels to clear the respect jam. (probably 2, I got 1.5 and no respec)