Proxas

Patch 10 Just killed Trading Companies.

7 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Luck as much as anything.  It's not that it couldn't have been easily sunk.  It's just that nobody has bothered to do it.

Very true.  

But so does some planning.  A well defended location that has active defenses is less likely to be attacked than someplace that is easily hit with little effort put into protection.

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Very true.  

But so does some planning.  A well defended location that has active defenses is less likely to be attacked than someplace that is easily hit with little effort put into protection.

But this game has no effective, active defenses.  We had a full crew of NPC crew on a Brigantine, with cannon, and swivel cannons, and one guy sank it from shore.  Even a ship could do this easily by staying out of the firing arcs of the NPC manned guns.

If ARK proved anything, the AI defenses will be no defense at all.  In short order, the videos will be out, and everyone will know the simple methods to defeat AI defense in this game, once it is made remotely effective.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

I find it funny that you all have lost so many ships... I still have my first sloop...

The weight exploit would sink the lot in minutes. Nobody has tried... Yet.

20 minutes ago, Coggage said:

The weight exploit would sink the lot in minutes. Nobody has tried... Yet.

you dont even need to bother bringing resources to sink a ship with weight just throw a few chickens or other plentiful creatures from the shore onto the ship to exceed the crew limit. not even need players to do it, have at anytime 3 seagulls land on a raft or slop and its gone.

• Like 2

We drastically need less 1 man armies and more cooperation with others. Animals requiring specific ingrediants to tame promoted companies to venture out as well as other play styles like merchant ships. WE REALLY DON'T want all these levels that allow people to do everything by themselves. We should only be able to fill a full tree out(with points into other trees progressively increasing the required point amount) unlocking more levels through exploration/other advanced in game methods should only further increase the skill tree system to 1 full tree and 1/2 of another.

This is suppose to be a mmorpg first and foremost and giving in to the whiners that already quit or don't plan on playing the game because they want instant gratifcation, access to everything and not having to cooperation with others ruins that whole aspect.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

We drastically need less 1 man armies and more cooperation with others. Animals requiring specific ingrediants to tame promoted companies to venture out as well as other play styles like merchant ships. WE REALLY DON'T want all these levels that allow people to do everything by themselves. We should only be able to fill a full tree out(with points into other trees progressively increasing the required point amount) unlocking more levels through exploration/other advanced in game methods should only further increase the skill tree system to 1 full tree and 1/2 of another.

This is suppose to be a mmorpg first and foremost and giving in to the whiners that already quit or don't plan on playing the game because they want instant gratifcation, access to everything and not having to cooperation with others ruins that whole aspect.

I'm kind of torn really.  While I basically agree with what you say, at the same time there's a bunch of borderline required talents and the extra ones will help people choose what sort of character they want to make.  Honestly I hope they just remake the whole talent tree period, it's hideous.

And I'm fine with tiers 1 and 2 being easier to get, basic creatures should be for everyone.  Not sure why they did tier 3 though and I hope they never do more.

Edited by Kyorin

4 hours ago, Kyorin said:

I'm kind of torn really.  While I basically agree with what you say, at the same time there's a bunch of borderline required talents and the extra ones will help people choose what sort of character they want to make.  Honestly I hope they just remake the whole talent tree period, it's hideous.

And I'm fine with tiers 1 and 2 being easier to get, basic creatures should be for everyone.  Not sure why they did tier 3 though and I hope they never do more.

I hope they add more perks/unlocks to skill trees as well as other entire skill trees. Some of the ones we have should or could be their entirely own tree like cooking and farming. I am entirely for making people choose hard to make difficult choices on their builds.

Edited by IsilithTehroth

All I see is a bunch of whiny ass people complaining about stupid shit.  Ghost ships DO provide something, they provide gold, Loot, and NPC’s to hire to staff your boat.  Has anyone even tried putting NPC’s on the sails? Has anyone placed NPC’s on cannons? You can literally 2 shot a ghost ship that’s below 20. But no people complain the ocean is too “difficult” when in reality is isn’t.  Are there a lot of them in the ocean? Yes but if anyone has followed the patch notes you’d clearly see they’re trying to tune the ships of the damned over time.  

Take 1 or 2 friends, have each one of you build a schooner which is quick as hell now, load it with 5-10 cannons and go to sea.  Kill a few ghost ships, hire the NPC’s that drop from them and walla, You’re a walking armada that will destroy anything in your way.  It’s not difficult.  Hell, me and my buddy with our 2 schooners that we call our warships killed a level 60 ship of the damned today.  Level 60.  

Jesus Christ, and I thought all the kiddos complaining that WoW is too difficult was fuckin ridiculous. Half the damn streamers I’ve watched have absolutely zero clue about so many things in the game that it really shows that companies should NOT give streamers privaledges like they do.  It shines a bad light on games when they do that.  Stop giving streamers all the shit ahead of time because most of the time they’re clueless about so much shit, even the basics of the game.  

And my most important point here is that it’s an EARLY ACCESS title which means there will be LOTS of changes from here till official release. Not every change will be liked. Quit acting like the sky is falling. Things will continue to change.  You people threatening to go to Ark, go already and take your 10 year old temper tantrum with you.  

20190106014206_1.jpg

Well this was short lived.

It's very zen to just be adrift at sea, everything you need to sustain yourself with the occasional discovery and trade. I got a gun to hunt with for some honey and cane.
Who wants to trade 'rare' items when everything is 10 feet from your base instead of a voyage away? What are the valuable items now to trade?

I will still be trading. The sector I am in lacks a couple resources and has some other resources which those I trade with don't. Also if I am going to tame something I am going to use the preferred food.  Mind you once you trade someone some seeds they don't need you anymore after they establish a farm so that really isn't a big deal long term it's not going to matter anyways. Farmed food is more effective and quicker from what we can tell and then using random foods like you could do in ark will be even slower and less effective. I don't know about you but I don't want to spend an  entire afternoon taming a single creature with with much crappier end result because I used the poor/lazy mans option.