Sign in to follow this  
Migolcow

Seagulls will sink a ship

The above scenario happened to us yesterday.     We were going along a coast, looking for a treasure map location, when suddenly we were overweight and sinking.     Panic'd a bit, made sure all the ladders were up, scoured the ship for an enemy boarder, couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.     Then we noticed a seagull take off, and we were fine again.     Waited a bit and it landed, and we were overweight again...

A 0.5 lb bird puts us over the limit?     Please fix XD

17 minutes ago, Migolcow said:

The above scenario happened to us yesterday.     We were going along a coast, looking for a treasure map location, when suddenly we were overweight and sinking.     Panic'd a bit, made sure all the ladders were up, scoured the ship for an enemy boarder, couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.     Then we noticed a seagull take off, and we were fine again.     Waited a bit and it landed, and we were overweight again...

A 0.5 lb bird puts us over the limit?     Please fix XD

Your joking right?!?

The developers need to remove a good feature because you decide you need to sail with so little spare weight???  And you point your finger at the dev's and not yourself???

You're both right. On one hand, ships shouldn't be overloaded so much. OTOH it's patently absurd that a 1/2 lb. bird should be the difference between sinking and not.

3 minutes ago, TrevorJD said:

You're both right. On one hand, ships shouldn't be overloaded so much. OTOH it's patently absurd that a 1/2 lb. bird should be the difference between sinking and not.

I agree that input hoppers of machines should be pin coded as the sink a ship via piling weight onto it is very much an exploit in my opinion!

However if your dumb enough to sail around with so much weight a seagull can put you over then you got whats coming too you!!!

Edited by Sulfurblade

It's not actually the weight but the personnel limit, IE we're at the limit of characters with us and our npc crew.     The seagull "counts" as crew apparently

3 minutes ago, Migolcow said:

It's not actually the weight but the personnel limit, IE we're at the limit of characters with us and our npc crew.     The seagull "counts" as crew apparently

okay that's definately the part that's dumb, if true. A seagull should not count as crew. No wild creature should. This is *hopefully* just a coding oversight, not intended.

Can confirm it is the seagull counting as crew that is the issue, as I had the same scenario happen a few times yesterday. Ship was at under half weight capacity, but my sloop had me and an NPC crew. 2 Seagulls "landed" (more like trying to fly down through my ship), and suddenly I'm sinking lol. A couple shots with the trusty blunderbuss corrected that nicely though.