DukeBarbeson

Solo Player Options

Hello, 

I realize that the game is still in early access and many features are still in the planning stages, but when ( or if ) do you anticipate a single player or host/local feature being implemented? As the game stands it is a waste of time for anyone that prefers to not play with others as I can lose all of my progress anytime I log off. Just curious if I should continue to hold interest in this title or write off my purchase and start looking elsewhere for my next gaming fix.

I hope they do a single-player game.  In Ark I use it to experiment with different builds and try things out, so it's great for learning the ropes for my main characters.

1 hour ago, archaegeo said:

You could just run a small dedicated server grid of a 1x1 just for your testing

That's a rip off, 10 euros for a 10 player 1X grid where you literally can't do anything in.. Who thought that was a good idea.

10 euro, a couple of cups of coffee, and you can literally test things out without being bothered, just like OP wants.

7 minutes ago, Pappy Green said:

10 euro, a couple of cups of coffee, and you can literally test things out without being bothered, just like OP wants.

Single Player would be entirely cost free, having bought the game, and involves no more effort than launching the game and selecting Single Player.

Wow, thanks for explaining to me what single player means, I never would have known otherwise. I was just countering percy's point, seeing as THERE IS NO SINGLE PLAYER RIGHT NOW, lolz. And would it be cost free, did the devs tell you that? Last I checked, and as so many on this forum like to point out, this is an MMO, not a single player game.

• Haha 1

Well yeah - it's MMO game. Such a shock there is no single player. Esp given the balance that is set. They will have to change a lot of stuff to make it playable solo and even if they do something like that I wouldn't expect it to be soon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pappy Green said:

Wow, thanks for explaining to me what single player means, I never would have known otherwise. I was just countering percy's point, seeing as THERE IS NO SINGLE PLAYER RIGHT NOW, lolz. And would it be cost free, did the devs tell you that? Last I checked, and as so many on this forum like to point out, this is an MMO, not a single player game.

Single player is integral to Ark, thus Atlas.  When the game launched there was a hidden menu that went to the same game selection screen as Ark, and Single Player was THERE.  The hidden menu was quickly removed.

Edited by Coggage