darcek

So the expected happened welcome to the "Crying game"

3 hours ago, Slenderman said:

We have 9 people in our party and we have 3 flag claims. 1 main base, 2 harvest area, 3 ship building area.

Nine people in 3 claims sounds perfectly fine to me, whereas one person with 14 is most definitely not.  I've already lost things out from under me, so I know the feeling and you have my sympathies, but I'm not about to shed any tears over Darcek "only" having 3 claims left out of 14.  😄

should get one claim per person for solo, a company with 5 players like mine should get maybe 2. Then just scale up from there by the player count. 1 claim for every 10 or so players in a company. 

4 hours ago, tailesin said:

Lets get some proportionality back into this discussion shall we? (I know I am asking a lot cause this is gaming)

Darcek is right about somethings and wrong about others (things he said and did). The Dev's are going to have to do something about the claim system, especially on PvE (which is the subject here). The amount of land being held is mad. Not sure anyone starting out now would even find much if anything to claim. Claiming while someone is sleeping in an area sounds a bit suspect, but I really don't know the mechanic that well to say for sure. If anyone does know please enlighten me. BUT if that is happening with hacking and it shouldn't then it needs clamping down on.

Now, the amount of land you was trying to hold Darcek..... 14 claims? There is a problem there and you must see it. I think a 'sensible' idea would be one  claim per person (not per clan btw) and maybe an increase if you spend points on it. That way larger clans would have to either stay in smaller areas on a number of servers and use people that hadn't made claims to grab other area's. So sure you got a 40 person crew then you can grab an island but you will need some people with spare claims to hold it. Then a system like the destruction of buildings in lawless. You don't log in to an area for 4 days then your claim can be taken in the usual fashion. I work all week and can still manage to log in twice to hold a claim up. 

These are all just ideas for PvE (keep that in mind - any PvP people saying this won't work on PvP will get written off as a moron) - However this is not really a solo game. Find a croup, big or small. You really want to run solo then rent or run a server. That way you can do what you like.

Also as has been pointed out, this is early access. If you were expecting ANYTHING to work as intended when playing then you are fooling yourself. Hopefully when the server system gets more stable I may put a private server but it seems damn pricey and not very stable as yet (yeah I have run Ark servers along with a couple of other games). A 2x2 (one master and 3 slave servers probably the smallest size worth doing) for 20 people is effectively a 80 slot server and around $80 a month. Now sure I work - I do OK (not great, just OK) and I paid for all the pervious servers myself, but I am really yet to see many people who played on them off much in the way of 'money' to help. More usually it was complaints about anything and everything........... The good old days. 

There's still some rare places that are not claimed, when sailed tho, atleast half of that claimed land is not playing anymore, having neighbours that don't do anything for a week already... however didn't claim their flags bcs don't need that much space and not being a douche.

As for bugs, exploits etc to claim flags, that 3 day protection doesn't exist, thou canst just go into forest and have house stolen in few minutes, yesterday lost a flag behind the house that was for resources (having only 2 flags + water flag to overlap and protect the house slightly) and it happened when was on the journey back with iron from 2 grids away, thankfuly the leader of that fraction came today and unclaimed it saying the griefer will be kicked. Yes, 14 claims is radiculous for a lone player (here being fine with just 2 claims, that's not like gonna build a mega castle) but the most important part of this thread is the fact that cheaters and exploiters can just grab thy house any moment thou art not looking.

Edited by Nightstrasza

yup pve in this mode has more pvp related griefing than pvp actually does because there is no recourse

Edited by killahsin