Loominaty

Tell us about yo´ Experience, matey !

Poll for the current State  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Poll for the current State

• Good Game
    • Bad Game
    • You´d better wait a couple of months ...

Let´s make this Thread great again.

To keep it short, try to tell us what you have experienced withing 3-5 sentences.
Tell us about the good stuff, tell us about the bad stuff too!
Funny moments ? Bugs ? Frustration ? We´d like to know everything!!

Edited by Loominaty

what experience?
Took me 2 hours to get 10 fiber with all the D/C's and rubberbanding and an in general completely unplayable experience

graphics are good, but that's about it

Edited by Surviving Wag

Played before everyone else joined and before that the game ran great. But now 50K people all want to get in and that causes more lag, whenever I went away from a freeport the lag went away so it still works fine for me. Haven’t had any bugs really, sometimes no hit points with the bow and arrow but that’s about it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Surviving Wag said:

what experience?
Took me 2 hours to get 10 fiber with all the D/C's and rubberbanding and an in general completely unplayable experience

graphics are good, but that's about it

16 minutes ago, ijsco said:

Both the lag and the head bobbing makes this unplayable for me...

11 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Played before everyone else joined and before that the game ran great. But now 50K people all want to get in and that causes more lag, whenever I went away from a freeport the lag went away so it still works fine for me. Haven’t had any bugs really, sometimes no hit points with the bow and arrow but that’s about it. 

7 minutes ago, Agakor said:

that's the whole experience I have in this game so far!

Capture.JPG

Do you guys think that, if there was no lag (let´s say on a private server) ... Do you think the game would be enjoyable ?
Well, to the last post.. im sorry man, .. Terrible.

I can't even get on onto a server, because whenever I click connect either the game becomes unresponsive or the pc becomes unresponsive, and a very few times it will after a while throw the "Host Connection Timeout". I've tried various things to try and get it to work on my end, like verifying the game's cache, setting startup parameters like: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -nomansky -lowmemory -high, to see if that made any sort of difference, but it did not. So I'm thinking this is something on their end just don't know what.

2 minutes ago, Loominaty said:

Do you guys think that, if there was no lag (let´s say on a private server) ... Do you think the game would be enjoyable ?
Well, to the last post.. im sorry man, .. Terrible.

That rules out the lag that everyone’s complaining about so yes. Then you will just have the standard ‘EA’ stuff. And I don’t mind when a game has couple bugs, every game has bugs. But it’s really also about who is unlucky and gets lots of bugs. When AC Unity came out there were thousands of bugs and I completed the game from launch without any of them. Bit weird how that works sometime. 

• Like 1

I've already said my point in a different post but.

At this time, the game is frankly unplayable.
Don't have a company or friends to play with?
No point spawning in any of the Lawless regions, you can't get of them, unless you actually swim.

Which leads to you having to spawn in a freeport, where there's instance upon instance of logged out players/bodies which creates a completely unbearable fcking desynch that makes it nigh impossible to move or do anything.
I've come up with an idea, but the thought alone makes it seem so damn tedious, as it revolves around you simply spawning in a lawless region and focus on just leveling up gathering and killing animals and when you've reached a high enough level, you unlock all the skills that has to do with Vitamin degeneration and swimspeed, and you then plot your own course and you start swimming. Hoping you'll reach a habitable island before you either die of vitamin deficiency, starvation or get killed by the hundreds of sharks that will be after you.

Currently, this seems like the best course of action to me, unless they do what I mentioned in game which is reduce server sizes by 10.
4000 over 40000players, 40 per instance, per island and remove all the bodies that aren't logged in.
They just don't have the server capacity to run a server with 40000, so I don't know how delusional these devs are but. This has been some out of season april fools joke so far.

Not to mention, not even the streamers are recommending this game.
Except Burke of course, but this was made for him, but him aside. Nobody wants us to give this company a money, that's a huge red flag, that shouldn't go unnoticed.

Edited by DustinessLalatina

I heard many people complaining about the bodies all over the place, the so called "Sleepers".

In every Game i know settings like this create tons of lag. Conan, Ark or Kings Reign. Maybe, if they get rid of said settings the lag would become bearable ?
And i agree 40k Players for a single MegaServer is too much in EA!

So in other survival games (ARK, Dark and Light, Conan, etc), the more assets that have to load, the more lag there is.  With a million and a half bodies lying strewn about the freeports, one can't move.  It took me ten minutes to get to a spot underwater so I could drown and choose a lawless area to start in; then another ten minutes to successfully drown myself.

Upon starting in a lawless zone, I punched a tree, rubberbanded back, and a minute later I had some wood in my inventory.  Then I stopped moving completely.  Then I read that you can't claim land in the lawless area.  Then I gave up.  Maybe tomorrow.

experience? log in , 20 fps, no matter epic or low quality it is. 250 ping.

7700k+2080

Fatal error!

VERSION: 4.0 
AtlasGame.exe!AShooterWeapon::EndDodging_Implementation() (0x00007ff61da405b6) + 9 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterweapon.cpp:8031]
AtlasGame.exe!UFunction::Invoke() (0x00007ff61e4e89e7) + 15 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:3907]
AtlasGame.exe!UObject::ProcessEvent() (0x00007ff61e52b0b8) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:931]
AtlasGame.exe!AActor::ProcessEvent() (0x00007ff61eaf3192) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:631]
AtlasGame.exe!AShooterWeapon::StartUnequip_Implementation() (0x00007ff61da0277a) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterweapon.cpp:924]
AtlasGame.exe!UFunction::Invoke() (0x00007ff61e4e89e7) + 15 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:3907]
AtlasGame.exe!UObject::ProcessEvent() (0x00007ff61e52b0b8) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:931]
AtlasGame.exe!AActor::ProcessEvent() (0x00007ff61eaf3192) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:631]
AtlasGame.exe!FObjectReplicator::ReceivedBunch_WrappedNet() (0x00007ff61ebaa43a) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datareplication.cpp:989]
AtlasGame.exe!UActorChannel::ProcessBunch() (0x00007ff61eb9eab5) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:1776]
AtlasGame.exe!UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch() (0x00007ff61eb9e5a5) + 11 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:1667]
AtlasGame.exe!UChannel::ReceivedNextBunch() (0x00007ff61eb9a91f) + 22 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:533]
AtlasGame.exe!UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch() (0x00007ff61eb9a39e) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\datachannel.cpp:330]
AtlasGame.exe!UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket() (0x00007ff61eced09c) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:1158]
AtlasGame.exe!UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket() (0x00007ff61ecebef4) + 13 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\netconnection.cpp:619]
AtlasGame.exe!UIpNetDriver::TickDispatch() (0x00007ff61eaacbe5) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\online\onlinesubsystemutils\private\ipnetdriver.cpp:226]

Edited by TheySoldDLCofARKasAgame

It's  a re-skin of Ark and runs so bad with not enough servers on launch.

HOW could it run so bad when it's the same game but with a re-skin???????

EVGA 2080 core i7  6700K 32gig Ram and yet only get 16 fps on some islands ( when you can even get in ) Ark runs in the 90s fps on epic

For the people that will jump on the EA excuse................ OLD game that's been re-skined so NOT an new EA ( even has some of the same folders as ark in the new Atlas game folder )

Edited by BundyBrear
  • Sad 1