Sign in to follow this  
Tentarro

Get Rid of Predators and Hostile NPCs Until You Actually Balance Them

Actually, we have had wolves and horses spawn inside our bases several times. They don't have to walk or glitch in.

We go out for a run, no one at the base, get notified that a sleeper was killed, all of our boxes broken with a wolf inside a sealed building

20 hours ago, Ducki said:

I have 6 floor stone base and snakes and other mofos just comes straight in through the wall somehow on the 2nd floor.. Early access game what can I say.

Yeah, but ark based this problem of animals attacking through walls should have been solved years ago

Aparently they changed silently wolf AI. They no longer are willing to follow into the water and also their chance to switch targets seems to have been raised by alot, hitting them 1-2 arrows... a horse is arround?, time to chase it, eat it and come back with full hp. Atleast don't need to eat and car about vitamins but can't leave the base aswell bcs shooting them causes them to just run away and full regen on nearby animals.

They should reduce their aggro massively, also damage, and please remove knockback and damage while on ship, they can hit you from beneath your ships keel...

1 hour ago, Nightstrasza said:

Aparently they changed silently wolf AI. They no longer are willing to follow into the water and also their chance to switch targets seems to have been raised by alot, hitting them 1-2 arrows... a horse is arround?, time to chase it, eat it and come back with full hp. Atleast don't need to eat and car about vitamins but can't leave the base aswell bcs shooting them causes them to just run away and full regen on nearby animals.

They still follow you, got killed couple of hours ago by a wolf while swimming. 😞

42 minutes ago, Mr.Sentinazo said:

They should reduce their aggro massively, also damage, and please remove knockback and damage while on ship, they can hit you from beneath your ships keel...

They still follow you, got killed couple of hours ago by a wolf while swimming. 😞

Well, then be happy they follow into the water, here they lose agro as soon as starting the swimming animation and then they go to run away, walk peacfuly arround or go and kill something to heal back to full in 1 second. Screw them, soon gonna be able to make pistol ammo so maybe it gonna help but untill then, gods, living on tundra is unbelivably unfun bcs of just wolves but that's the only place where can find a claimable land still. Wish had some stupid slow snakes insteed of this.

5 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Well, then be happy they follow into the water, here they lose agro as soon as starting the swimming animation and then they go to run away, walk peacfuly arround or go and kill something to heal back to full in 1 second. Screw them, soon gonna be able to make pistol ammo so maybe it gonna help but untill then, gods, living on tundra is unbelivably unfun bcs of just wolves but that's the only place where can find a claimable land still. Wish had some stupid slow snakes insteed of this.

I'm going to tundra now to find climable land too, build that pistol ASAP it oneshots giant snakes and you kill in two shots wolfs. It has saved my life several times.

The damage can stay, after all they are as big as us. But armor have to actualy start reducing their damage, right now does nothing (literaly survivng as much naked as in hide armor so armor is just insulation, nothing else). They should not eat animals, no, not even a slightest heal, that's annoying and waste of tons of ammo for them to run away with less than half health to kill a chicken and come back full, especialy that hiting them not in the head is pointless, it already takes 3-4 arrows to the head to kill one. Their knockback have to just be straight removed, why does it even exist?, literaly can use that knockback to fly as fast as a jumping horse when timing the jump right with incoming bite, that's radiculous to go flying for like 50+ meters. The damage thro blocks have every animal, they have to patch it for everything alive. The worst however are the agro range (had 1 wolf that died to 1/3 or 1/4 island away run after us when respawned at home and ran the oposite way to explore), their speed (there are not many predators that can catch up to us, but when they do, either say bye to life and welcome respawn button or if managed to kill them, enjoy being bellow 25% health and grunting with broken bone for next few minutes) and the worst is their attack speed, it has to be reduced by atleast 2-3x, otherwise without abusing that knockback to propel self away from them, it takes 1-2 seconds for 1 wolf to kill someone.

Edited by Nightstrasza

16 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

it takes 1-2 seconds for 1 wolf to kill someone

Jeez no it does not. It takes longer than that to just stand there and let them kill you.

Aye,  I'm in the tundra and the wolves are crazy. Since when do wolves eat wood. I am watching one eat my small boat dock as I type. They are camped at my house. I can't do anything since when I do kill them they are back for revenge it seems. There are other animals walking right bye them while they eat wood and my house. Don't get me wrong I am all for the challenge but this is ridiculous.  Also, I have points spent in the beatery skill tree but that sneak does not work at all. soon as I step out of my house they swim across the point just to come at me

As much improvement to the game  that has been made I fear the shear amount of predators is going to kill any fun this game has right now.  Currently the predators out spawn the non-hostile creatures and on top of that the wolves are just ridiculously fast and hit like a truck.  Right now our core group of players are spread out and are playing at random times, this means that any one person online cannot do anything because there is always 6 wolves 4 crocs 2 to 3 giant snakes, and now spiders are showing up.  I was just on trying to farm out some mats for the next level boat, I killed one wolf and one croc before I was gang banged all the predators on the friggin island.  The spawns should be reduced by 50 to 60 percent until they can fix the combat system.  

I don't have a problem with making the game difficult, what I have a problem with is its unplayable with so damn many predators that agro across the island.  Something needs to be done about it.  Sorry its killing all the wonderful improvements they have made the last week or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20181230234650_1.thumb.jpg.4d6be6e3e1b74d0270ed82865c203766.jpg

0/10 in game design. I take a couple of these pics every day. So far it entertains me but I'm not sure I'm not going to follow the rest of my clan who quit the game already due to that. It's getting old fast. I'd like to be able to cut some wood for a couple minutes without 3 snakes, a scorpion and 2 crocodiles spawning in my back. Right now doing anything feels like a fucking chore and half of the time we're farming stuff for weapons to keep freaking NPCs in check. Devs, when am I allowed to play the boat part?

Edited by Renard1

On 1/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, Tentarro said:

A fucking wolf broke into our Tundra house SOMEHOW and killed all of us overnight, destroyed our loom (THAT HAD 2 THOUSAND FUCKING PASTE IN IT) and I lost my Carbine (AGAIN, two of them disappeared into our Cabinets, I know because they say 45/45 and there's an empty slot where my carbine would be) and 4 flintlocks, Fur Armor.

This is fucking ridiculous, Wolves are out of control, snakes are out of control, lions are out of control. Taming is near impossible as 1 person because they animals are so freakishly fucking fast even at 1 hp.

This is fucking ludicrous, I'm trying to like this game but every time I turn around the Dev shows their incompetence. 

While I 100% agree with you the predators in this game are stupidly broken, but taking them out completely? I'm opposed to that. They just need to put some time in stopping them from ignoring walls/barriers/the sides of ships. And maybe having the game check and see what the current population is before spawning more would be nice, and have them all stop being friends. The croc/snake/wolf/bee combo hunting packs are absurd on so many levels. 

Enough with the derailing and slinging insults,etc. If you want to continue discussing this, STAY ON TOPIC and WITHOUT the insults and bickering.

I have cleared out what I could for now.