Sign in to follow this  
jezdina

Animals too many at some island....alfas too

We found that there are more animals in some islands than the number of trees per square meter. Here we have 35 horses on the beach, including 3-4 alpha horses for 100 meters. Against this side there is nothing but bears. And in the center of the island there are 2 alpha lions who work with an alpha wolf pack. But what's worse is the horses. just stand in the place and get rid of it and they will come alpha for you ...... which you just will not get rid of ... We also found out that some arrows do not give in the running of the animals damaged ..... etc .... ... and nothing is happening ... and today we had an island right on the beach  2 whales.... and near the ship damned, ...... and skeleton by the beach def. area ......   we think we have at island +-  25 alpha animals at same time .......

//tundra map H2  sector

Edited by jezdina

Animal spawn rate should definitely be toned down a little.
Also, lions etc shouldn't spawn in the tundra nor should wolves spawn in the desert.

I had five to seven wolves in my little area .. that's why ive logged alongside tiny ship yard not being able to be crafted and set. 

Add in if you are getting ai-npc crew you are in trouble 😞 sharks-manta-crocs will go berserk after them, get to close to shore they will also die  in 1-2 hits

So yes tone down the spawn on coast spots and when pc is on the ships  ,as its now getting really hazardious to even try landfall  and you cant do anything about it when a shark magically eats your crew from bottom of the sea 

Not sure if its the spawn rate or a bug, look at this picture >.>

Somethin Fishy.jpg

Edited by Vadearlst

Ever since I landed on a desert zone island and set anchor with my raft near a boat dock I imediately got killed by this massive croc. After a few days checking out other areas trying to spawn on my bed on that raft, I keep getting insta-killed by a croc that obviously lives on my raft now.  Yesterday I fell through a crack of the landscape (lots of falling through the world as well) and got stuck in a tight space together with three horses, four sheep, two pigs, a few chickens, who all wandered into this crack. I had to kill myself by hitting the animals with fists, a few fell unconcious, lol.
That said - I come from many hours of ARK, and was looking forward to a pirate (survival) game, with animals and taming option - but the current state (v8.x) of Atlas is crazy, leads mostly to frustration (of course also due to the other unbalanced or outright bad game functions of claiming, vitamins (better now), temperature, ship of the damned, did I mention claiming?).

I had to surround my base with gates due to this, alphas , the aggro range of creatures, wolf, snakes and lions all over the place. I think predators should attack each other, makes no sense that they're all "alliance'd" if you will, it's just over kill

5 hours ago, Vadearlst said:

Not sure if its the spawn rate or a bug, look at this picture >.>

Somethin Fishy.jpg

we have this problem too on tundra , but on horses....