Sign in to follow this  
HANABI

ATLAS, The worst game of 2018

3 minutes ago, peter said:

yes please get abused and then let others tell you you not allowed to say anything!

Man, you were telling that he or she can go to the cops with this, all I said is that this is just a game. 

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Man, you were telling that he or she can go to the cops with this, all I said is that this is just a game. 

well if i as a consumer get abused by a corp... it a bit different.. welcome to capitalism! consumer votes is what makes capitalism work

i am sorry my wording is not perfect.. i am not native english as you might have noticed... i do like open and free internet... but i also think consumers have to stand up against money greed abuse of corps!

Edited by peter

1 minute ago, McGimp said:

I say again - Balancing is not an excuse when most of the issues complained about are issues that should never even make it live. They are problems that most studios would recognize on paper and would test in house before releasing to the general public. EA is not an excuse to shoot blindly and hope you hit your target at the expense of your players. You still need to have some accountability - even in EA.

You mean the amount of claim flags people can put down and the amount of ghost ships around and the harvesting, what they should pick? 

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah sorry mcgimp. I usually don’t agree with percieval but in this case I do.

a game can be absolute trash and made by a horrible dev company, but if people enjoy it they enjoy it.

just take the compliment Percy and don’t pick it apart 😂

If a game is bad people wont enjoy it. The people who enjoy what you consider a bad game, think that the game is good, or will be good at some point. Thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. 

Like saying people enjoy eating food that tastes bad. No... They just feel as though the food tastes good while you dont. And to the majority of players or ex-players at this point, this dish is unpalatable in its current state.

2 minutes ago, McGimp said:

If a game is bad people wont enjoy it. The people who enjoy what you consider a bad game, think that the game is good, or will be good at some point. Thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. 

People can still have different views on everything. I don’t have disadvantages from the ghost ship spam and claimed flags and all so this game is very playable for me. And I know it will be better, just like with ARK. And if it won’t, then I wasted 25 euros. Too bad. But you can never know, can you. We’ll just have to see. 

1 minute ago, Boredaholic said:

Not forcing anything buddy. Many people who still try playing the game have the same views. I have over 100 hours logged and agree with him completely 

You should clearly reread the article he wrote. There is a clear intention there.

I have 90 hours in the game as well and I absolutely love it. Haven't had such a great time in a game.
Yes, there are issues but they have made so many improvements already. I agree they should have waited with the release, but I think this was a top-down mistake. The devs were pushed to release the game, without being ready yet. I admire the 80+ hour work weeks of the devs during the christmas holidays. This ranting shit in this article and on the forums overall is just so tilting and disrespectful. Be constructive, patient and get real with yourself. The game is in EA and you agreed to a code of conduct stating exactly some of the things happening in the game rn. 

Atleast, the devs are working over hours to fix it. Compare it to DayZ; they just cashed everything and left. Ain't the case here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

People can still have different views on everything. I don’t have disadvantages from the ghost ship spam and claimed flags and all so this game is very playable for me. And I know it will be better, just like with ARK. And if it won’t, then I wasted 25 euros. Too bad. But you can never know, can you. We’ll just have to see. 

You can never know, but you can make an effort to apply pressure to the devs by voicing your concerns. Rather than constantly excusing it with - "its EA" "everything will probably, maybe, one day be better"

2 minutes ago, iJordyM said:

You should clearly reread the article he wrote. There is a clear intention there.

I have 90 hours in the game as well and I absolutely love it. Haven't had such a great time in a game.
Yes, there are issues but they have made so many improvements already. I agree they should have waited with the release, but I think this was a top-down mistake. The devs were pushed to release the game, without being ready yet. I admire the 80+ hour work weeks of the devs during the christmas holidays. This ranting shit in this article and on the forums overall is just so tilting and disrespectful. Be constructive, patient and get real with yourself. The game is in EA and you agreed to a code of conduct stating exactly some of the things happening in the game rn. 

Atleast, the devs are working over hours to fix it. Compare it to DayZ; they just cashed everything and left. Ain't the case here. 

I have 60 hours in the game so im also enjoying parts of it. my question is in regard to one point you made. You said "Yes, there are issues but they have made so many improvements already." What improvements to gameplay have been made? Other than fixing SoD which shouldnt have been released this early to begin with considering there were already so many things that needed fixing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Like saying people enjoy eating food that tastes bad. No... They just feel as though the food tastes good while you dont. And to the majority of players or ex-players at this point, this dish is unpalatable in its current state.

Not arguing with you either. I think that caviar tastes like crap. I will also tell everyone it tastes like crap. Because in my opinion it is crap.

but if someone likes cavier I can’t tell them that it has to taste like crap to them as well.

ill just say well that’s cool you like like crap on your your mouth but I don’t. I won’t force my opinion on someone but I will always give my opinion 

5 minutes ago, McGimp said:

You can never know, but you can make an effort to apply pressure to the devs by voicing your concerns. Rather than constantly excusing it with - "its EA" "everything will probably, maybe, one day be better"

I’ve told my concerns about every flaw in this game so far, like the caging, ghost ships, claimed land, dupers, harvesting, cheaters.. everything. 

Most of those things are pure balance issues, do I think WC could’ve done a better job with it/listening to the community? Yes ofcourse. But they don’t. 

Somehow WC can make it happen to make 2 fixes and implement 5 bugs with it. 

I don’t bitch about that because it helps nothing to anything. 

The only time I say that it’s because of EA is when people are shouting this game is shit because of the balancing issues, because that’s part of the EA process. I never said this game is shit because of those since I knew what i was getting into. 

Edited by Percieval

4 minutes ago, McGimp said:

I have 60 hours in the game so im also enjoying parts of it. my question is in regard to one point you made. You said "Yes, there are issues but they have made so many improvements already." What improvements to gameplay have been made? Other than fixing SoD which shouldnt have been released this early to begin with considering there were already so many things that needed fixing.

I never said anything about the gameplay. I enjoy the gameplay very much as it is right now. There are bugs, but I look through them atm as long as my lag gets fixed, which they did. Haven't had connection issues/lag since day 4. But I understand many of us do still have it, so I think that should stay the priority. The most frustrating gameplay things for me were the alpha spawns in the beginning, the ghost ships spawnrate and the new skillpoints. 

The fixed all three. (Although I still think the skillpoints is a bit too hard now even with the new 3 sp p level) 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’ve told my concerns about every flaw in this game so far, like the caging, ghost ships, claimed land, dupers, harvesting, cheaters.. everything. 

Most of those things are pure balance issues, do I think WC could’ve done a better job with it/listening to the community? Yes ofcourse. But they don’t. 

The only time I say that it’s because of EA is when people are shouting this game is shit because of the balancing issues, because that’s part of the EA process. I never said this game is shit because of those since I knew what i was getting into. 

well if nobody bitches about it they will continue what they have done since ark 😞

you might think there is no point about bitching, but for a lot of us thats the only thing we can do... its sad, i do not like it, but its how it is

do better dev and people will less complain and give more feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well first off... yes its EA. Woo hoo congrats we play an EA game. Doesnt mean it should have been released as a broken game. Excuses excuses.

Second, yes they have improved the game greatly. We all know and fully understand that. Good job to the devs.

Third, yes they have been working on it. However in order to keep the player base maybe look at what needs to be tweaked regarding the game itself instead of events.

Fourth, its EA. Yes. We get that. Everyone "defending" the current game state keeps throwing that out there like it's a trump all card. That's amusing.

Fifth, we get on the forums and complain about mechanics of the game that are highly frustrating and broken due to, oh wait if you look at the majority of the forums, most of the players are not enjoying the game. Thousands have asked for refunds, thousands more cant get refunds anymore and even thousands more cant get anywhere in game.

I enjoy the game and the idea of the game. Some of the mechanics are far from release ready. They totally fucked the skill tree mechanic and this is coming from a player who's logged over 100 hours, has a company of 20+, claimed land, weapons for defense. My company is well established, but the game still needs some major tweaks hence why I'm still on the forums. Look around guys. How many topics do you see saying how AWESOME the game is right now lol. Seriously... link them. Please I'd love to read them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, peter said:

well if nobody bitches about it they will continue what they have done since ark 😞

you might think there is no point about bitching, but for a lot of us thats the only thing we can do... its sad, i do not like it, but its how it is

Yes, but I still see a difference between complaints and bitching. These are the discussion forums, if you want something changed you tell them why and what you would change it in, then people can either agree or disagree. But there have been people out here purely speculating, telling the game is shit because they ‘think so’ etc. I’m not saying you guys do that btw. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes, but I still see a difference between complaints and bitching. These are the discussion forums, if you want something changed you tell them why and what you would change it in, then people can either agree or disagree. But there have been people out here purely speculating, telling the game is shit because they ‘think so’ etc. I’m not saying you guys do that btw. 

We can "discuss" it all we want. Show us where a player based discussion regarding atlas has actually changed anything? Not being a dick. Just asking for confirmation that what you're suggesting actually has an effect. 

2 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

Well first off... yes its EA. Woo hoo congrats we play an EA game. Doesnt mean it should have been released as a broken game. Excuses excuses.

Second, yes they have improved the game greatly. We all know and fully understand that. Good job to the devs.

Third, yes they have been working on it. However in order to keep the player base maybe look at what needs to be tweaked regarding the game itself instead of events.

Fourth, its EA. Yes. We get that. Everyone "defending" the current game state keeps throwing that out there like it's a trump all card. That's amusing.

Fifth, we get on the forums and complain about mechanics of the game that are highly frustrating and broken due to, oh wait if you look at the majority of the forums, most of the players are not enjoying the game. Thousands have asked for refunds, thousands more cant get refunds anymore and even thousands more cant get anywhere in game.

I enjoy the game and the idea of the game. Some of the mechanics are far from release ready. They totally fucked the skill tree mechanic and this is coming from a player who's logged over 100 hours, has a company of 20+, claimed land, weapons for defense. My company is well established, but the game still needs some major tweaks hence why I'm still on the forums. Look around guys. How many topics do you see saying how AWESOME the game is right now lol. Seriously... link them. Please I'd love to read them.

Yes, definitely. But you can also understand they want to fix all the connection issues first.. making it playable for everyone first before going into stage 2? 

We’re still only 1 week going from what seems to be a 2 year process.. 

Jat stated that the communication has been shit in the past, now he is tweeting a lot, but nothing about the issues stated on the forums (apart from the ghost ships). If he would just post something that they will be working on claims/GS/sink bugs at that time, or what week.. but nothing like that. 

its not you to judge peoples threads and rages... some people have it not easy to stay calm and are very upset... and they will let it out in form of rage... some topics could be navigated to be more constructive some can not and should just be ignored (you dont put more tinder into the fire to stop the fire)

people being upset with this mess is completely granted... would be awesome if we could get to more constructive feedback... but currently the game is so frustrating for many they dont even get to the point to be able to give actual good feedback... which is feedback by itself, fucking core of this game is broken for a lot of people!

2 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

We can "discuss" it all we want. Show us where a player based discussion regarding atlas has actually changed anything? Not being a dick. Just asking for confirmation that what you're suggesting actually has an effect. 

Forums are for the players, do you want to see some kind of system in which you can discuss also with the devs on the forums rather than other players? 

Edited by Percieval

Just now, Percieval said:

Yes, definitely. But you can also understand they want to fix all the connection issues first.. making it playable for everyone first before going into stage 2? 

We’re still only 1 week going from what seems to be a 2 year process.. 

Jat stated that the communication has been shit in the past, now he is tweeting a lot, but nothing about the issues stated on the forums (apart from the ghost ships). If he would just post something that they will be working on claims/GS/sink bugs at that time, or what week.. but nothing like that. 

Understandably the connection issues have been very much more reliable. However, yes they still have issues. But why connect to something when you're just going to log off and delete the game? So many people have already lol. Can they not focus on more than just connection issues?

11 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The only time I say that it’s because of EA is when people are shouting this game is shit because of the balancing issues, because that’s part of the EA process. 

Real quick I do just want to mention that I’d did admit they changed one thing and that was the mods compared to ark.

so in that aspect I do believe it was because so many people complained about it that there were results from it.

i do believe pressure brings results. 

Forums are for the players, do you want to see some kind of system in which you can discuss also with the devs on the forums rather than other players? 

If not then wtf is the point of discussing anything game related?

I guess on that note, hows everyone's holidays going?

1 minute ago, Boredaholic said:

Understandably the connection issues have been very much more reliable. However, yes they still have issues. But why connect to something when you're just going to log off and delete the game? So many people have already lol. Can they not focus on more than just connection issues?

Well I don’t know how many people are working on the game at this moment. I believe connection/optimizations will always stay throughout a game. Jat stated 95% of the issues were fixed a few days ago, seems like that was a bit optimistic. 

13 minutes ago, peter said:

I do agree with you Peter. If you complain because you care then you are more justified than anyone else

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Well I don’t know how many people are working on the game at this moment. I believe connection/optimizations will always stay throughout a game. Jat stated 95% of the issues were fixed a few days ago, seems like that was a bit optimistic. 

Yeah I am with you there. In all reality connection issues has big wildcards biggest problem for years now.

makes me think about my school days. If I got an A in math and a C in English, which one should I study and become better at right?

13 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

If not then wtf is the point of discussing anything game related?

I guess on that note, hows everyone's holidays going?

My holidays are going pretty good, I probably only have another couple hours are here before 💩 gets real in a very alcoholic sort of way 😂😂😂

my wife has a huge family so it’s always crazy AF. 

Forgive me if I am extra grumpy tomorrow as I will probably be very hung over and not feel like dealing with people’s 💩

who knows might take the day off forums 👍👍👍

• Haha 1

So ... Everybody started to wander what i was really thinking by making this topic, so i should have been more precise about my true opinion.

Let me clarify that, i love the concept of the game, i love the piracy theme and the big old canons like in the 17th or 18th century, it's THE COOLEST part of history in my opinion and i love it !! SO MUCH !!

I only know two theme that can make me go crazy : SPACESHIP games and Pirates in the 17th or 18th century !! That's the only two possible theme that can make me wet (Just like a JUSTIN BIBER FANGIRL would get if she were in front of her idol).

This game in the current state isn't enjoyable, and i wasn't a solo player, we were a crew of seven people ... And yeah, i'm a grinder like you would call it, the most hours i played in a day was 17Hours straight.

And let me tell you why i'm so angry : It's just because i feel so ABUSED !! Look at what are we getting compared to the trailers, ITS A TOTALY DIFFERENT GAME !! DOES IT LOOK LIKE THE TRAILERS ? NOOOOO !! It's SINKING SIMULATOR AND FARMING SIMULATOR !! It's NOT a pirate game !! Where do you see a pirate game in farming 30 hours to get your ship and getting it sunk 1 hour later ? (Or even before just because the shipyard wasn't built on deep enough water AH AH AH AH !! It's so fun to waste my fuckin' life time just to be able to do what a pirate is NORMALY DOING IN HIS EVERYDAY LIFE !!)

THIS GAME IS A PIRATE GAME !! NOT A PORN GAME (You get fucked so much that it becomes XXX after a while, even the Kardashians didn't take as much shit in the ass as we're getting actually) ... JUST WHAT THE FUCK MAN ? Where is the PIRATE ? WHERE IS IT ? WHERE IS THE SAILING WHEN YOU'RE FORCED TO AVOID EVERYTHING BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT WILL SINK YOU ? 

Pirates were the fuckin' bane of the oceans and now, we're like virgins that don't want to get raped in the back alley, that's all.

Edited by HANABI
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3