Sign in to follow this  
Erian

It's like they don't want base building

4 minutes ago, Boredaholic said:

Oh there are mods here. I've argued with 2 of them for a while about them actually enforcing their own rules for the forums. Their answer's to people bashing other people, which is against the rules, was to take it to private messaging or take it in game. Because you know that fixes the problem right? I even copy/pasted the rules straight from their Rules post to the thread i was in for the mod and told them to please read their FIRST RULE. Yeah. mods on the forums are damn near pointless when it comes to either decent information, resolving trash talking trolls, or anything game related. All they do is tell people to take it private or in game for the most part.

OH ALSO they told me that the raft is either "arguably the fastest or the actual fastest" ship in the game. Who would agree with that? I'm actually very curious.

I am glad to see the mods not be total sjw’s like the mods on the ark forum 😂

dude the censorship was so bad there. They would constantly talk crap to people that had a differing opinion and once they argued back they either got a ban. Like it was nazi Germany over there in a big way.

at least wildcard learned that one lesson at least. There were so many people complaining about the mods on the ark forums 😂

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

For instance. I say wildcard sucks and they will never fully optimize this game.

you would say “you don’t know that for sure” (I would still be right because that isn’t an argument and you can’t prove I am wrong)

then I would say well after 3 years they still haven’t fully optimized ark and their last dlc didn’t only start broken but is still broken.

you would then use the early access excuse(still not an argument, and still no proof) 

then I would say, regardless of early access they said themselves they learned from their mistakes yet they still miss deadlines, have bugs in every update, and use shortcuts to give a band aid fix. Along with them not actually do the work they should have been doing.

then you would say “well you don’t play the game so you don’t k ow how it is”(definitely not an argument, and definitely not proof)

then I would say that I don’t need to play the game, all I need to do is see the thousands of people’s experiences and be able to go off of that. It’s not like they are all lying for the hell of it 😂

then you would say well you just wildcard so you are just trolling(far from the truth)

a troll doesn’t have a mission, they just do what they do. A troll could actually like the game but just likes pissing people off.

i am the opposite of a troll.

so yes, when you want to have an actual argument, feel free to start one

All of this is putting words in my mouth, a huge no no in rhetoric because you presume to know what I would say. You do not get to speak for me.

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Saying I call a spade a spade fails to acknowledge that the label is by its very nature subjective. What you are demonstrating right now is either an ignorance of the difference between subjective and objective, or more likely an unwillingness to acknowledge and accept that difference. Someone’s Mexican heritage can be objectively determined by third parties, the label white knight is entirely an opinion. It is not an independently verifiable fact like whether or not you own the game, something that is either factually true or not.

You are strawmanning here because I have never objected to your commenting on Wildcard as a developer, as your statement implies.  What I’ve objected to is you commenting on GAMEPLAY of a game you don’t own. Again knowing a company and their track record is not objective proof, it is subjective evidence. The way you present your arguements demonstrates either a poor understanding of, or unwillingness to accept the difference between subjective and objective.

im having to repeat a very simple basic thing here over and over because you keep making statements that run contrary to an understanding of subjective and objective. Show us you understand the difference between such simple and basic things without responding like a willful child with I don’t care what you say I’m always right and your wrong.

Those are my facts.

Do you really type all of that because of name calling? Jesus Christ 

Ok, here we go. I am very subjective when it comes to wildcard. The evidence I use as far as their track record is objective. Rather I put a subjective opinion in with objective evidence has no bearing on the evidence itself.

does that help?

2 hours ago, Scyver said:

It really seems to me like it didn't even occur to the devs that the game would attract solo/causal style players, and now they don't know what to do with them. I think they just hoped they could throw up some PvP servers with the PvP turned off and that would keep PvE players happy.

Funny, I always considered SOLO players in games like this to be nothing more than fodder.   They should play within their means instead of trying to build massive structures or ships and trying to be a one man Henry Morgan.  When in fact they are nothing more than a landsman on a ship to me.  (That is a unskilled sailor or lowest of low on the ship rank)

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

All of this is putting words in my mouth, a huge no no in rhetoric because you presume to know what I would say. You do not get to speak for me.

Throughout all of our conversations you have used those arguments at least once

Just now, Realist said:

I am glad to see the mods not be total sjw’s like the mods on the ark forum 😂

dude the censorship was so bad there. They would constantly talk crap to people that had a differing opinion and once they argued back they either got a ban. Like it was nazi Germany over there in a big way.

at least wildcard learned that one lesson at least. There were so many people complaining about the mods on the ark forums 😂

Oh, the mods didn't do anything here either. I guess the only thing they could have done, which they still might considering i've been calling them out on a few threads now, is ban me. So. If i randomly drop off the face of the earth you'll know they haven't learned anything new lol. They should really enforce their own rules though... what's the point of having them or even being a moderator if all your going to do is tell people to "take it private or in game"? I mean, i get giving out warnings... but... just telling them to take it private or in game is no fix, and the professionalism of the moderators here is beyond nonexistent.

Oh, the mods didn't do anything here either. 

No no no. You misunderstood me. I am saying the mods on the ark forums were hyper active, not non-active.

as in they are night and day. I knew people that were nothing like me and nice all the time and still got banned on the ark forum.

that is why I said that maybe they did learn this one lesson. Tons of people were telling jat how bad their mods were. You should have seen it. Even people that liked ark were getting banned for arguing with the mods. It was ridiculous 

Edited by Realist

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

No no no. You misunderstood me. I am saying the mods on the ark forums were hyper active, not non-active.

as in they are night and day. I knew people that were nothing like me and nice all the time and still got banned on the ark forum.

that is why I said that maybe they did learn this one lesson. Tons of people were telling jat how bad their mods were. You should have seen it. Even people that liked ark were getting banned for arguing with the mods. It was ridiculous 

Lol. well i just hope the dev's start focusing their attention to the game mechanics that are causing their player base to dwindle... the ship decay and skill tree's as well as land claiming are the 3 biggest issues. But yet they haven't seem to do anything regarding it other than make the skill tree even more fucked. It's cool. I started out playing a lot, now i play less and less every day. Head of my company... great group of people. Game's pretty broken still and very frustrating. We've claimed land, built our harbor up, built our base up, gated it off and we still have predators spawning inside of our base area, which mind you is fairly big, but we have a decent sized building and other stuff going on. The "awesome" predator spawns keeps killing our wolf tames and we keep going back to square 1 with that. Then doing much outside of the island has been non existent with the whole SotD issue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Funny, I always considered SOLO players in games like this to be nothing more than fodder.   They should play within their means instead of trying to build massive structures or ships and trying to be a one man Henry Morgan.  When in fact they are nothing more than a landsman on a ship to me.  (That is a unskilled sailor or lowest of low on the ship rank)

Not all solo players are like that. I like to play solo. I wanted to play solo and still work together with other people. I intended to set up a small base and build ships for companies or people who want/need a ship. Perhaps in return for materials, perhaps in return for nothing (what can I say, I'm addicted to building). In ARK I built things that everyone could use, all doors unlocked etc. (yes, I was in an unofficial server when I did that, so didn't get the full ARK toxicity) I don't see that happen in this game any time soon.

I would still love to build ships for people, but rather to help people, not to have them taken by megas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Erian said:

Not all solo players are like that. I like to play solo. I wanted to play solo and still work together with other people. I intended to set up a small base and build ships for companies or people who want/need a ship. Perhaps in return for materials, perhaps in return for nothing (what can I say, I'm addicted to building). In ARK I built things that everyone could use, all doors unlocked etc. (yes, I was in an unofficial server when I did that, so didn't get the full ARK toxicity) I don't see that happen in this game any time soon.

I would still love to build ships for people, but rather to help people, not to have them taken by megas.

Then why not join a larger company or even a small company and just put it out there you are a builder... nothing more nothing less.  Dont expect me to fight (well) or be much help in a fight.  But I will build whatever you need.   

I know of a few people I have played with in the past who I loved having in my guild and that is all they did, I used to call them my Doozers.   

• Like 1

Lol. well i just hope the dev's start focusing their attention to the game mechanics that are causing their player base to dwindle... the ship decay and skill tree's as well as land claiming are the 3 biggest issues. But yet they haven't seem to do anything regarding it other than make the skill tree even more fucked. It's cool. I started out playing a lot, now i play less and less every day. Head of my company... great group of people. Game's pretty broken still and very frustrating. We've claimed land, built our harbor up, built our base up, gated it off and we still have predators spawning inside of our base area, which mind you is fairly big, but we have a decent sized building and other stuff going on. The "awesome" predator spawns keeps killing our wolf tames and we keep going back to square 1 with that. Then doing much outside of the island has been non existent with the whole SotD issue.

Cut from the same cloth man. Believe it or not, I didn’t always hate wildcard. They have just exponentially proven that their stupidity level is rising. The way they treated ark just made me have nothing but disgust for them as well.

to he ho eat if they did make these forums like the ark forums that would have been the final mail in the coffin. There is one tiny little shred, way deep down inside of me that hopes they might become a good company, but my common sense always trumps that little tiny idealistic feeling. 

They wont change, they will do the same thing with atlas that they did with ark. They are a horrible dev company and that is all there is to it. 

They come up with a good idea and then just trash it as much as they can’t. They are competent. They just aren’t. You see haters say seek it to another company, but I am also different than a hater. Ced replies to me sometimes and I told him “I am going to keep putting the pressure on you” and then he liked the tweet.

i won’t settle for laziness and so far atlas has been done very lazily. These white knights don’t help the company at all. They think these compliments help? They are just a bunch of idiots.

pressure makes diamonds, comfort makes sjw’s

if they want to become a good company y they need as much pressure as possible. If someone truly cares about the company they will criticize it as much as they possibly can. Be relentless, be furious, be unforgiving, only then will you see something’s potential.

not this coddling crap that these white knights pull. These guys need and want the pressure. They work better under pressure

On 12/31/2018 at 9:37 AM, Realist said:

Throughout all of our conversations you have used those arguments at least once

If true then you should either quote or provide a link. That is how you provide direct evidence rather than paraphrasing. Paraphrasing is problematic because it leads to twisting. Again, do not put words in my mouth. If I said something, document it when you respond. You're not doing that, you're putting things in your own words in my mouth, that is the problem.

Just for example, one place where you have incorrectly represented what I have said in the past is in claiming I used EA as an excuse for problems. I have never done that, all I have ever said about EA is that people should expect change. If you review my post history, and not just those posts responding to you, you will see mulitple posts where I have criticized GrapeCard™ in multiple ways, from implementing design choices they should have known better than based on their experience with Ark, to expressing the opinion that Atlas was released to EA too early, likely to take advantage of the key spending month of December. 

So don't pretend that what you are doing is okay, because what you said DID misrepresent my positions. Either quote or link. For someone so hellbent on calling out Wildcard for dishonesty, you seem to have a hard time being completely above board yourself. 

Edited by boomervoncannon

On 12/31/2018 at 7:01 AM, Realist said:

Uh no, I have said it in multiple posts without being asked and I also never deny it.

i am not going to put a footnote at the post of every post sorry.

there is nothing. Dishonest about what I say. I don’t lie and tell people I play the game. I also don’t speak from my own experience since there isn’t any. 

I tell you what. I will agree to put the foot note that I don’t own the game on every post of you agree to put a foot note saying you are a white knight? Do we have a deal?

Not denying something is not the same as disclosing. When you omit relevant information that is dishonesty through omission. This is why in all sorts of legal transactions, people are required to provide all relevant information beforehand.  You can comment on Wildcard all you want, but if you comment on this game's gameplay,  which you have already done multiple times in the past, without saying each time that you don't own the game, then you are being dishonest by failing to present relevant information. And that is exactly the kind of thing you're criticizing Wildcard for.

10 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Not denying something is not the same as disclosing. When you omit relevant information that is dishonesty through omission. This is why in all sorts of legal transactions, people are required to provide all relevant information beforehand.  You can comment on Wildcard all you want, but if you comment on this game's gameplay,  which you have already done multiple times in the past, without saying each time that you don't own the game, then you are being dishonest by failing to present relevant information. And that is exactly the kind of thing you're criticizing Wildcard for.

Well this isn’t a business transaction so if I am getting paid I’ll will put the disclaimer out there. Other than that o will just do what I do 👍

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Well this isn’t a business transaction so if I am getting paid I’ll will put the disclaimer out there. Other than that o will just do what I do 👍

Then you will be engaging in hypocrisy by virtue of doing something you have criticized. Or you could always just criticize Wildcard to your hearts content without commenting on this game’s gameplay in a way that is problematic. Let me give you an example:

”The land claim system in Atlas is horrible and a mess and proof that Wildcard doesn’t care about their customers.”

This statement is problematic because the implication by people reading it on the game’s official forums would naturally be that you’ve experienced it firsthand.

”From what I’m reading here, it sounds like the land claim system in Atlas has a lot in common with the pillar spam issues on Ark’s pve officials. I played a lot of Ark and it’s disapointing that they don’t seem to be learning much from that experience.” (This is a criticism I have of the game currently btw, which is pretty inconsistent with the whole idea of a white knight mindlessly defending anything.)

See how these two statements are similar but QUALITATIVELY different?

9 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Then you will be engaging in hypocrisy by virtue of doing something you have criticized. Or you could always just criticize Wildcard to your hearts content without commenting on this game’s gameplay in a way that is problematic. Let me give you an example:

”The land claim system in Atlas is horrible and a mess and proof that Wildcard doesn’t care about their customers.”

This statement is problematic because the implication by people reading it on the game’s official forums would naturally be that you’ve experienced it firsthand.

”From what I’m reading here, it sounds like the land claim system in Atlas has a lot in common with the pillar spam issues on Ark’s pve officials. I played a lot of Ark and it’s disapointing that they don’t seem to be learning much from that experience.” (This is a criticism I have of the game currently btw, which is pretty inconsistent with the whole idea of a white knight mindlessly defending anything.)

See how these two statements are similar but QUALITATIVELY different?

Two different means to the same end. If results are the same the path traveled doesn’t really matter

On 12/31/2018 at 8:15 AM, Erian said:

So it's essentially a game made to please a very few players? Only the ones in the high ranks of the megas? Seems like a smart business plan for a game.

correct its a game that is looking more and more like its made entirely for streamers to make mega corporations to highlight what is 'possible' in their game to bring in more players to replace those who do not stay. As these are the ONLY players this dev team seems to be actually interacting with on any level. It's amazing behavior in its flagrancy and openness. Not even Valve shit on its player base this hard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Realist said:

Two different means to the same end. If results are the same the path traveled doesn’t really matter

If you don't care about being a hypocrite, then no, they don't matter. Thanks for clarifying for everyone reading that you are in fact, exactly that.