Danron

REVERT DAMNED SHIPS ATTACKING RAFT

22 hours ago, Tentarro said:

No they still have a point that the damned are fucking broken right now.

We lost a schooner last night because 3 ships decided to spawn on us at the border of I14 and I15. We could do literally nothing because for 2 days the wind had been going South and was incredibly soft when our base is north.

If they're going to make Damned attack rafts, fine. But they should give the rafts the ability to make a Rudder.

Sure you could - you could have turned into the wind and made a run for it lol. You think having to deal with the SOTD is something you're only dealing with xD - I'm on a Brig with 6 NPC's  SOLO and I've gone to get wheat and now on my way back to my Company base.  It's not the SOTD fault you dont know how to tack the sails. 

18 hours ago, Murreth said:

So, like a lot of things in life a bunch of jackasses were doing something they shouldn't and now we all have to pay the price for it.

I have no problem with punishing the abusers, but there must be a way to do it without punishing the rest of us.

Yeah there is - build a real ship and stop being afraid of them and just sail... Easy.. 

You can easily outrun a SoD on a Raft and even a Sloop. The problem is people are over-weighing their ships. Rafts are not cargo ships. They are designed to carry around a single person. You shouldnt be farming up on the starter islands, you need to do that once you get out to another island.

SoDs arent scary enough. Yes you see loads, but they barely ever aggro if you actually navigate correctly. Out of all the ones I have seen since day one, I have been targeted by one. 

My advice for people struggling with SoDs: Dont over-weigh your ship. Dont AFK sail. Watch and learn their sailing patterns. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, artaherduron said:

Sure you could - you could have turned into the wind and made a run for it lol. You think having to deal with the SOTD is something you're only dealing with xD - I'm on a Brig with 6 NPC's  SOLO and I've gone to get wheat and now on my way back to my Company base.  It's not the SOTD fault you dont know how to tack the sails. 

Yeah there is - build a real ship and stop being afraid of them and just sail... Easy.. 

Are you fucking silly? 3 ships spawned right on top of us, and sunk us pretty much immediately. The wind was so small and we were weighed down by metal (because metal weighs too fucking much) you are fucking dense if you think we didn't run for it. You must have a fucking pea brain lol

Do everyone a favor and stop apologizing for the Dev's incompetence, are you sucking their balls or something dawg?

4 hours ago, Captain Kuro said:

You can easily outrun a SoD on a Raft and even a Sloop. The problem is people are over-weighing their ships. Rafts are not cargo ships. They are designed to carry around a single person. You shouldnt be farming up on the starter islands, you need to do that once you get out to another island.

SoDs arent scary enough. Yes you see loads, but they barely ever aggro if you actually navigate correctly. Out of all the ones I have seen since day one, I have been targeted by one. 

My advice for people struggling with SoDs: Dont over-weigh your ship. Dont AFK sail. Watch and learn their sailing patterns. 

You're out of your fucking mind if you think even an empty raft could out-distance a SotD.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:14 PM, artaherduron said:

Lmao - you want to be upset at anyone be mad at your fellow gamers who were taking advantage of the system and hunting the SOTD down or spawn camping Flotsam. They had no choice but to change it where they will attack them if the Raft is within 30% of it's range. But that's like really really close m8 and easy to avoid. 

this 100% ive odne loads of tripds on rafts and never once had a ghost ship even look in my durection , 

sounds to me more like a learn how to pilot the raft propelry issue than game , or are u one of those player that set the raft in one direction and go afk then piss and moan on forums cos u were afk when your raft ran into a ship?

8 hours ago, Drahos said:

You're out of your fucking mind if you think even an empty raft could out-distance a SotD.

It can. I have done it every single time I have used a raft. Stop making excuses for your mistakes. Stop Over-weighing your Rafts, and sail them correctly.

11 hours ago, Tentarro said:

Are you fucking silly? 3 ships spawned right on top of us, and sunk us pretty much immediately. The wind was so small and we were weighed down by metal (because metal weighs too fucking much) you are fucking dense if you think we didn't run for it. You must have a fucking pea brain lol

Do everyone a favor and stop apologizing for the Dev's incompetence, are you sucking their balls or something dawg?

You literally stated what you did wrong in your post. 

51 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

It can. I have done it every single time I have used a raft. Stop making excuses for your mistakes. Stop Over-weighing your Rafts, and sail them correctly.

i call bull on this, just watching most of the youtube videos shows Ships of the dammed keeping up with players while doing side to side turns which should slow them down.

Ok these guys are idiots with sails but you should not have to be perfectly crewed just to survive these ships.

5 minutes ago, Ravenguard said:

i call bull on this, just watching most of the youtube videos shows Ships of the dammed keeping up with players while doing side to side turns which should slow them down.

Ok these guys are idiots with sails but you should not have to be perfectly crewed just to survive these ships.

I have literally avoided them every single time I have played. People need to learn to sail better and not get in aggro range. It really not hard.

2 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

I have literally avoided them every single time I have played. People need to learn to sail better and not get in aggro range. It really not hard.

Then make a video explaining how to do it then, show what your doing to avoid them, also how to escape if you aggro them. Yes its easy to avoid their aggro range but how big is it? No one knows.

• Like 1

"Why does a damned ship with canons attack a raft ?"

Cuz people start using rafts to get close to them and start killing them with axes for unreal amounts of EXP and gold.

the guys in the video use combat sail setup but havent guns on board... logix 

they could have easily escape with large and small speed sails... shooner is such a rocket with that setup

Edited by Dayum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Kuro said:

You literally stated what you did wrong in your post. 

What a meme, "Just sail bro, go get resources"

"Don't get resources that'll get you killed by sotd lol"

How awful thinking must be for you

1 minute ago, Tentarro said:

What a meme, "Just sail bro, go get resources"

"Don't get resources that'll get you killed by sotd lol"

How awful thinking must be for you

Are you literally stupid? DONT FUCKING OVER-WEIGH YOUR SHIP! Yes go collect resources, but dont collect so much that is over encumbers the ship and slows it down. Fuck me is it really so hard?

• Like 1

Have they reversed the patch? There was a patch about the aggro range of the rafts, so I went out on a raft to look what the aggro range is towards the SOTD, I pretty much had to ram them to get attacked. Have they reversed it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Have they reversed the patch? There was a patch about the aggro range of the rafts, so I went out on a raft to look what the aggro range is towards the SOTD, I pretty much had to ram them to get attacked. Have they reversed it? 

No it hasnt, people are just that stupid

21 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

Are you literally stupid? DONT FUCKING OVER-WEIGH YOUR SHIP! Yes go collect resources, but dont collect so much that is over encumbers the ship and slows it down. Fuck me is it really so hard?

Nah bruh you're the one with a reading comprehension problem, I said we were WEIGHED DOWN, not OVERWEIGHT.

Your point is not only stupid but impossible. Ships themselves add so much ludicrously stupid weight that in order to make a trip worth it, you can't just bring back 200 metal.

But if you actually sailed, you'd know. Because honestly it sounds like you're playing the game out of your ass.

Just now, Tentarro said:

Nah bruh you're the one with a reading comprehension problem, I said we were WEIGHED DOWN, not OVERWEIGHT.

Your point is not only stupid but impossible. Ships themselves add so much ludicrously stupid weight that in order to make a trip worth it, you can't just bring back 200 metal.

But if you actually sailed, you'd know. Because honestly it sounds like you're playing the game out of your ass.

Literally every time you post, you are saying your problem, yet you are blaming it on something else.

Level up your ships weight, use speed sails, dont put too much on your ship.

Yes you cant bring back much metal, but thats how the game is. Play the game how it is, not how you want to play it. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

Literally every time you post, you are saying your problem, yet you are blaming it on something else.

Level up your ships weight, use speed sails, dont put too much on your ship.

Yes you cant bring back much metal, but thats how the game is. Play the game how it is, not how you want to play it. 

What kind of boat do you think I'm using that I can't haul at least 1k metal every trip?

Are you fucking silly dawg? Clearly you're the fucking baboon if you think I'm not doing that shit.

Do me a favor and actually play the game, clearly you haven't left your raft.

Just now, Tentarro said:

What kind of boat do you think I'm using that I can't haul at least 1k metal every trip?

Are you fucking silly dawg? Clearly you're the fucking baboon if you think I'm not doing that shit.

Do me a favor and actually play the game, clearly you haven't left your raft.

No I have just actually played the game how its meant to be played and learn from my mistakes. Im literally telling you how to avoid this problems, yet you keep ignoring them.

Carry on overloading your ships and sinking to SoDs and crying salty ignorant tears.

2 minutes ago, Captain Kuro said:

No I have just actually played the game how its meant to be played and learn from my mistakes. Im literally telling you how to avoid this problems, yet you keep ignoring them.

Carry on overloading your ships and sinking to SoDs and crying salty ignorant tears.

Nah baby boi, you clearly haven't been playing this game, otherwise you'd know anything about it.

You read my post and was like, "Hmm, he almost immediately got sunk by 3 ghost ships that spawned on him after changing regions, MUST BE BECAUSE HE DIDN'T SAIL RIGHT"

I really, genuinely feel sorry for people who are forced to interact with you irl

People are not overloading ships, the Dammed ships keep up with normal ships fully speed sails and all. They are just broken, also cross border most time  one spawns right next to you.

4 minutes ago, Tentarro said:

Nah baby boi, you clearly haven't been playing this game, otherwise you'd know anything about it.

You read my post and was like, "Hmm, he almost immediately got sunk by 3 ghost ships that spawned on him after changing regions, MUST BE BECAUSE HE DIDN'T SAIL RIGHT"

I really, genuinely feel sorry for people who are forced to interact with you irl

image.thumb.png.49063b8b54f15379620fd486063a187a.png

Im guessing then if this is "not playing the game", that you own 100 ships, along with 15 islands and are a revered pirate god?

Pull your head out your arse and get better at the game. SoDs dont spawn in aggro range, that is a fact. You sailed into their aggro range. 

You seem like the kind of person who would decide to stop breathing someday, and despite people telling you otherwise, you will carry on thinking its a good idea 🙄 

18 hours ago, artaherduron said:

The smugness in this post is off the scale. Anyway, the adults are talking, so shhhhhh.

2 hours ago, Captain Kuro said:

image.thumb.png.49063b8b54f15379620fd486063a187a.png

Im guessing then if this is "not playing the game", that you own 100 ships, along with 15 islands and are a revered pirate god?

Pull your head out your arse and get better at the game. SoDs dont spawn in aggro range, that is a fact. You sailed into their aggro range. 

You seem like the kind of person who would decide to stop breathing someday, and despite people telling you otherwise, you will carry on thinking its a good idea 🙄 

Man you are fuckin retarded, clearly they were just sitting on the zone line, which is stupid as shit that they even have that behavior, so you and the ghost ships have something in common it seems

Your "base" is hilarious, do us a favor and fuck off