Sign in to follow this  
Nuka

3 days cliam protection on PvE is a lie. Beware.

3 days claim protection on PvE is a lie. Beware. Anyone can claim your land while you sleep. Even the "NEW" flags with "upkeep" are not safe.

1 hour ago, Nuka said:

3 days claim protection on PvE is a lie. Beware. Anyone can claim your land while you sleep. Even the "NEW" flags with "upkeep" are not safe.

I find that after a maintenance or server patch the 3 day timer reset. But it true I have already lost a claim to this

I was monitoring our neighbour that not playing. Upkeep timer was decreasing to about -250000 seconds and after that i can claim the land. So devs are very gentle to let us see this timer BUT why they don't let us to see OURS?

I have no clue how to raise this upkeep to positive numbers. We will try to investigate that shit later this day.

Edited by Nuka

The PVE claim protection seems very random right now,

Not much is known about exactly how it is supposed to work and we have had claim flag's be put down when we are sat in the area next to the flag.

Some think it's three days when offline only

Some think it's three days from the new flag going down
no-one knows for sure and we can't test anything as we don't know how it is supposed to work which makes me sad.

I have a neighbour with a flag and a 1x2 thatch house. He has not been online for about 10 days. Many people have tried to get him killed so they could claim there. No one have succeeded. So it seems the sleeping inside claim is all you need.

Just now, Miceweasel said:

I have a neighbour with a flag and a 1x2 thatch house. He has not been online for about 10 days. Many people have tried to get him killed so they could claim there. No one have succeeded. So it seems the sleeping inside claim is all you need.

Yeah I got someone near me with a small thatch hut that he is sleeping inside. He hasn't been online for the past week. He has 3 claim flags that all overlap the thatch hut. I've seen many people try to claim the area with no success. I'm sure there are exploits, but it strikes me as odd when people claim territory can be stolen even while you sleep on the land when someone near me can't be contested at all by anyone in the area.

On 12/30/2018 at 2:20 PM, Nuka said:

I play solo on my own.and unlike what alot of whiners said you cant do it,ive sailed big ships ive found land first and claimed half an island as my own first human discovery,built a base and went traveling to trade and got resources hard to find.

But yes the Claim system is broken.Like all the whiners say it actually works:1 claim per 1 person.it means if you dont sleep in an area it can be stolen, that`s what happened to me.

I was ganged by a 2 player company.

They first stole 2 areas,then built a small house on the second claim.that way I wasnt able to take back my land like you say in your post.

In order to take claims owner must be online,and not on the claim itself.

Sleeping i didnt lose any claim i was on,and couldnt take also claims from others sleeping in theirs.

There is some exploit that people use to bypass this mechanic.

Im not sure how,I never was into destroying and hacking stuff,but some people love it and are genius in exploiting systems to make gain.(like those guys found out useing repair hammer to kill sleepers..how do you find such things?)

not sure if you understood the 3d rule. someone explained it to me like this: 

you set your claim, you wait 10 min. you claim land, then the 3d timer starts. 

once the 3d timer did run out it can be contested by everyone. being online does not reset the 3d timer since its only after the initial claim.

if you are within your territory no one can claim it but once you are out players can claim it within 30 min. (40 min. to claim it fully, 30 to remove your flag)

this is kind of stupid for PvE tbh ^^ 

land should be claimable if someone is offline for 3d. if an active player enters a claim the 3d timer should reset fully. 

or another solution would be that your online time is multiplied by 3 and used as protection timer. you play 3h you can leave your base for 12h. you played for 8h you can leave your base for 24h. time would add up so if you continue playing within the 24h it just adds up further and further until you hit 3d max. 

20 minutes ago, Mephos said:

not sure if you understood the 3d rule. someone explained it to me like this: 

you set your claim, you wait 10 min. you claim land, then the 3d timer starts. 

once the 3d timer did run out it can be contested by everyone. being online does not reset the 3d timer since its only after the initial claim.

if you are within your territory no one can claim it but once you are out players can claim it within 30 min. (40 min. to claim it fully, 30 to remove your flag)

this is kind of stupid for PvE tbh ^^ 

land should be claimable if someone is offline for 3d. if an active player enters a claim the 3d timer should reset fully. 

or another solution would be that your online time is multiplied by 3 and used as protection timer. you play 3h you can leave your base for 12h. you played for 8h you can leave your base for 24h. time would add up so if you continue playing within the 24h it just adds up further and further until you hit 3d max. 

I'm not sure if sleeping in an area is currently working either. The guys next to us had their land taken while sleeping in it yesterday (02/01/2019). They were in the alliance with the whole island and im quite sure they were logged in the previous day. It took them 30 mins to declaim and 10 mins for their flags.

The previous owners logged in like an hour after their complete base was demolished to find themselves waking up on the beach.

That was some serious German shouting!

10 minutes ago, Xercz said:

I'm not sure if sleeping in an area is currently working either. The guys next to us had their land taken while sleeping in it yesterday (02/01/2019). They were in the alliance with the whole island and im quite sure they were logged in the previous day. It took them 30 mins to declaim and 10 mins for their flags.

The previous owners logged in like an hour after their complete base was demolished to find themselves waking up on the beach.

That was some serious German shouting!

Sleeping in the area is working, however, there are either cases of people using an unknown exploit, or there's a glitch where sometimes sleeping may not work.

I know for a fact it works because an island next to me has 1 small hut on with 3 flags that cover the hut, and none of the flags can be claimed and this has been a week now with no signs of activity from the owner. If sleeping didn't work at all then that land would have been claimed a week ago. So yeah it does work, but obviously there's some sort of issue with claims that is either a glitch or an exploit.

1 hour ago, Mephos said:

This is wrong.Claims can be stolen in 10 min unless your in the area itself!

7 minutes ago, darcek said:

This is wrong.Claims can be stolen in 10 min unless your in the area itself!

no, you have to declaim an area first (30min) and then claim it (10 min.)

10 min. claim is only if there is no other claim

2 minutes ago, Mephos said:

no, you have to declaim an area first (30min) and then claim it (10 min.)

10 min. claim is only if there is no other claim

no yesterday 2 areas have been claimed for 10 min only.it happened to me dude.I wish it wasnt so but it was.

I know cause I was timing it,and thats how it happend. also server patches can be used to steal land shorter time,it like nerf the time when server goes down so they can claim even faster then 10 min.

Edited by darcek