Vorxius

Another topic on punishment due to sleep.

Well have to voice frustration somewhere.  Two nights ago got swarmed by a wash of giant snakes.  Lost my raft, lost my worldly possessions.  Remained calm....

Last night, took a deep breath....started from home island from scratch, spent until 3am collect resource to go on a raft trip.  Just logged in, raft gone along with an evenings worth of material collection.

Angry right now doesn't cut it.  Infact no emotion cuts it.  I'm without emotion.  There are a number of things that HAS to change.

1) you don't lose your crap when you die in starter zones.  That's bad.
2) remove raft / ship decay whilst in safe zones.
3) sort out the land claim.
4) sort out the creature zerg when you land on a beach somewhere.  I died to a swarm of 9 giant snakes?  what is that about?
5) PvE is supposed to be PvE.  Why is it players are waiting for me to die, then looting my body before I can spawn back and collect my stuff (just angering me further)

It's beyond mind boggling right now.

Decided to rent a server.  Right now regular servers are unplayable, or, so infuriating that I can't handle the wasted time.

1. While its a starter zone, its not a safe zone. Learning that dying has consequences is important to new players so I don't agree with this suggestion. 

2. That's not going to happen. The whole points of starter zones is to give new players someone to get started... its not to give people a place to hide their ships. If ships didn't decay quickly in freeports the region would be overrun with ships and would become unplayable. 

3. What do you want sorted out exactly? There are a lot of reasons to not like the current system but simply saying "It sucks, fix it" isn't meaningful feedback. 

4. There seems to be issues where certain creates spawn in huge swarms, which I hope they fix. Although don't expect the islands to ever be safe because they won't be. 

5. Completely agree. You shouldn't be able to loot other players or their storage/workstations in PVE. 

The problem is if you have no decay in a starter zone, it will quickly become impossible for any new players to start there because no one will be able to do anything because of all of the old abandoned junk there.   

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

Well have to voice frustration somewhere.  Two nights ago got swarmed by a wash of giant snakes.  Lost my raft, lost my worldly possessions.  Remained calm....

Last night, took a deep breath....started from home island from scratch, spent until 3am collect resource to go on a raft trip.  Just logged in, raft gone along with an evenings worth of material collection.

Angry right now doesn't cut it.  Infact no emotion cuts it.  I'm without emotion.  There are a number of things that HAS to change.

1) you don't lose your crap when you die in starter zones.  That's bad.
2) remove raft / ship decay whilst in safe zones.
3) sort out the land claim.
4) sort out the creature zerg when you land on a beach somewhere.  I died to a swarm of 9 giant snakes?  what is that about?
5) PvE is supposed to be PvE.  Why is it players are waiting for me to die, then looting my body before I can spawn back and collect my stuff (just angering me further)

It's beyond mind boggling right now.

Decided to rent a server.  Right now regular servers are unplayable, or, so infuriating that I can't handle the wasted time.

1)  Nope.  Starter zones have an easy time gathering stuff and it would be bad if it was packed with Galleons and other ships filling up with resources.  BAd for new players, bad for server lag.

2)  Nope.  People need to be out and into "proper" zones asap, not parked there for days/weeks.  See 1)

3)  Yes. It needs to definitely a 3-day timer with no unexplained "stealing" a claim before that.

4)  Most definitely yes.  Shipe of the Damned too.  I have 2 of them so close to my raft I can almost walk right up to one of them along the beach.

5)  Needs sorting, yes.  EVERYTHING in the game a player owns should be lockable from the outset, including their corpse.

1. the die / lose all in starter zones is a tough cookie, but you learn to adapt, so I guess thats ok. tough but ok. 

2. we need a limit on how many ships / rafts per player / company can be in a starter zoner at the same time. right now (on pve.. dunno about pvpv) a lot of companies use it as safe havens to restock, harvest and boast about their accomplishements. there are companies that have seemingly their whole production capacity (except final ship building) in starter zones....

3.  claim system needs to change as
- 1 claim per person OR 1 claim per company
claim size adjusts in size according to number of players in a clan. (capped at a maximum size  that has to be defined)
multiple claims need a skill: a new "government skill tree" or something. that tree and the skills let you set up colonies (smaller claims that can never grow above inital size), or improve existing claims. it lets you vbuild extra buildigs like 
- banks and taxation,
- trade ports (where you can offer goods for defined prices, like gold, other materials..), 
- bunk houses (rented beds for guests that offer timed spawn points as an incentive to farm there and pay taxes)
- bars (with npc cooks where you can set up prices, put mats in them and they cook it..)
- etc etc. 

those buildings are prefabs. that way it is assured that the towns and ports look like they belong in the game. and not like those cubic houses we see in too many survival games. 

unmanaged claims decay. that means the flag decays. you have to manage it to keep it alive. the government tree skills slow down decay as well
only unmanaged / deserted claims can be contested (in PVE). In PVP each claim has a contest-timer. so if you dont react fast enough, companies can "flip" ownership. 
it goes from "contested" to "in government transition". in tjis phase nobody can use the buildings, and nobody benefits from taxes etc. aftetr this pphase, ownership switches. 

that way it is ensurfed that noone can just zerg all over the map. 

4. spawns are broken. theres no risk / reward. you got all kinds of level ranges on islands in the same place. too many mobs in too short spawn timers. also, mob interaction seems to work sometimes butnot vry consistently. 

also mob aggro seems off. I was chased by a croc for minutes and was in almost 100% distance to land. 

5. pve is not really tested it seems. we are the guinnea pigs here