Sign in to follow this  
XiViX

offline protect? more defense?

So how do you defend your boat getting trolled while offline. some of the boats are very expensive. at least ARK had auto turrets and you didn't rely on protecting your boats too much. Me personally, I think they should take a tip from Conan Exiles and introduce raid times. example. weekdays 5pm-midnight structures and boats take damage. Saturday and sunday 10am-midnight boats and structures take damage. anyone got any other ideas? lol

and also, why cant you build beds in lawless???? whats the logic?

I saw a stream where 3 dudes glided onto a brig and used 1/2 a sickle each to sink it by picking a hole in the bottom of it. There should be no way to damage a boat besides cannon fire, explosives, and fire. Fire should be ridiculously low damage to consider not being OP.

Based on my experience with Conan Exiles that will probably create more issues than it solves, and doesn't feel like a particularly good system for this game to me anyway.

I think that if you could, for a fee that increases exponentially based upon company size, "dock" your ship at a freeport overnight that many griefing/offline raiding issues could be solved. In conjunction though the game would have to base the fee on your maximum company size over the last 24 hours, to prevent people from mostly disbanding their company before paying the docking fee or doing some other workaround. The option to dock for more than 24 hours could also be an option, for people that won't be able to log in for several days in a row, but with the cost increasing at least marginally for each consecutive day of docking.

Most large companies wouldn't be docking their ships often, if at all, anyways because they always have people online that are using their ships. And trying to build and just store ships there would get prohibitively expensive.

45 minutes ago, XiViX said:

So how do you defend your boat getting trolled while offline. some of the boats are very expensive. at least ARK had auto turrets and you didn't rely on protecting your boats too much. Me personally, I think they should take a tip from Conan Exiles and introduce raid times. example. weekdays 5pm-midnight structures and boats take damage. Saturday and sunday 10am-midnight boats and structures take damage. anyone got any other ideas? lol

and also, why cant you build beds in lawless???? whats the logic?

They don’t want you to defend. Wildcard always makes it super easy to raid and impossible to defend.

there was a guy I knew in ark that just needed c4 and a ptera and he could easily solo raid a base that had 50 auto turrets.

just be prepared to have all of your stuff taken 👍

They want you to defend. They’re tweaking it and there will probably be possibilities in the future 🙂 

It is possible to defend your stuff while you are offline, if some requirements are met first.

1- NOT BE ON A STARTER ISLAND!!!!  This means not on a Lawless or Freeport. 

2- MUST have a claim flag on your stuff.  Build a wall around your stuff, and a second wall around that.  Then build a wall around your flag to prevent them from contesting easily.

3- MAKE friends, the more people in your company the better.   Dont promote anyone you dont trust, or hasn't proven themselves.   And make friends with other companies nearby protect each other, especially if you are in different timezones.   

It does suck. I'm taking someone's ship this very instant. It's just easier. Happened to us more than once already.

1 hour ago, Sunderbrass said:

Based on my experience with Conan Exiles that will probably create more issues than it solves, and doesn't feel like a particularly good system for this game to me anyway.

I think that if you could, for a fee that increases exponentially based upon company size, "dock" your ship at a freeport overnight that many griefing/offline raiding issues could be solved. In conjunction though the game would have to base the fee on your maximum company size over the last 24 hours, to prevent people from mostly disbanding their company before paying the docking fee or doing some other workaround. The option to dock for more than 24 hours could also be an option, for people that won't be able to log in for several days in a row, but with the cost increasing at least marginally for each consecutive day of docking.

Most large companies wouldn't be docking their ships often, if at all, anyways because they always have people online that are using their ships. And trying to build and just store ships there would get prohibitively expensive.

strange based of my experience on conan exile, ark, gw2 wvw, and black desert online, the 2 i have more fun and the 2 where i have see people less rage was in conan exile and bdo, because yeah the 2 of them have determined 'prime' time when you know/be ready for go raid/go at war. So the guild/people that play between this hours work can do pvp, work/update structure gather ressource for the raid etc. AND You not lost evrything because you work/have kids/go to school and some guys without work and kids or skip school play when nobody is co and stealth/destroy evrything. Anyway in gw2 wvw 90% of people, guild raid etc was all at 20h to 24 during week. 

Same here, during the morning, it's pretty easier to steal/destroy because of low number of people, and the night you just can't connect on server because their full xD. We shouldn'T lost evrything just because we have a life.

Edited by barradrine

oh and it's more fun because, since it is determined time, each guild is ready/coordinated, so it's not some 'gank' raid without fight but a big scale war. 

3 minutes ago, Talono said:

Sooner or later some Megatribes will steamroll and lolstomp all islands.

yes but with some determined time for destroiy/attack other thats a lots more harder/slow.

Edited by barradrine

yeah but imagine building a galleon (which is ALOT of resrouces like 20 to 40 times more than any other boat) and it gets offlined cuz it just sits there on shore or open sea..... you cant build a wall around it. like...… what do you do. you can literally swim under it and pick it to death till it sinks. like what do you do???? something needs done. at least ark had auto turrets and water pens were not to important.

and also.....im not seeing the logic to why we cant build bases on lawless lands..... like I get it you get the disadvantage of not having a government but people wanna build a base. sorry I don't have a 20 man tribe to get land. I've been part of mega tribes on ark but the smaller tribe could still build a base, there was enough land. something needs done. the main point is the boats can be trolled too easily. if some level 12 gets underneath my galleon and sinks it with a sickle, that aint cool, like I said ark had auto turrets but water pens were still kind of exploitable. discuss your thoughts.