Sign in to follow this  
The Foam Helmet

Stealing land

So what happened to the have to wait for 3 days before can steal land? On pve have been playing pretty much nonstop took a break today to come back and see my company claims were taken over. Is that 3 day cooldown period not just in effect or?

• Like 2

Something regarding "maintenance" resets the timer I believe. No idea what "maintenance" means though. Can anyone clarify?

It's not simply building something....a neighbor's plot is being developed and it's constantly being challenged whenever he leaves to gather resources. All the while, another neighbor with nothing on the plot (just taxing food gathering) seems to keep resetting their "maintenance timer".

The old flags didn't get updated to the 3 day protection timer.  Only flags that have been created post (v7.0?) have the 3 day refreshing protection.  I believe that's the issue you've encountered anyway. We had the same thing happen to us.  Lost 2 claims overnight last night due to the old flags not have the protection timer.

6 minutes ago, Kiln said:

The old flags didn't get updated to the 3 day protection timer.  Only flags that have been created post (v7.0?) have the 3 day refreshing protection.  I believe that's the issue you've encountered anyway. We had the same thing happen to us.  Lost 2 claims overnight last night due to the old flags not have the protection timer.

this is correct u need to replace all old flags or u risk getting claims taken

Good to know the pin locks no longer exist when someone takes over a claim.  Now I just want to go around and claim everything I see thought I was being nice only taking 5 claims but now...  time to pay it forward with interest

only have 7 walls left on ship but can't launch it because i no longer own my shipyard -.- well i still own the Schooner soooo as long as i don't scuttle it guess he can't use the shipyard either

So if there's not a body inside a claim to contest it, you can steal it in around 30 minutes. Basically, if you don't have the man power online or sleepers protecting that claim spot then it can be claimed. I like the system personally (on pvp server, not tried pve). It means that people cant claim tons of land without either actively playing or being in it. 

Ah that explains some things. I was running my sloop away to a free-port and my company all logged outside. 😕

Thanks for explaining how that one happened.

Edited by Bhelen

i agree but sadly looks like they just kited a croc to my house and let it kill me through the window wall. Wouldn't of been a problem though if their mechanics worked like they were suppose to and gave the 3 day claim cooldown

so now i'm just waiting outside my house for him to log back in so i can just walk in and take my stuff back out of chest since i can still access them since they were mine originally like i did with the ones on the shipyard. semi-crippled and on holiday vacation... i've not nothing but time 

1 minute ago, The Foam Helmet said:

i agree but sadly looks like they just kited a croc to my house and let it kill me through the window wall. Wouldn't of been a problem though if their mechanics worked like they were suppose to and gave the 3 day claim cooldown

problem solved
image.thumb.png.739b13f524ace4b727a6829b957c994a.png