JRGGamer

Not The Best Game For Solos

40 hours in and I realize this is not a game for solos. I've built three rafts in the last 40 hours. I've travelled over 8 grids to gather materials and supplies and then I go get some rest. i.e. offline. When I return everything is gone. The first two times I was raided and my ship destroyed. This last time I figured I could leave the raft in the middle of the ocean where there was no claimed ocean. I come back this morning hoping at a minimum that my raft would survive. Happy to report.... It did not. I think I'm done for now. It's a great game if you have a 24 hour shift, but not for a small group. It's just not feasible to be able to go offline. I lost so much including some maps and gold. I hope you all have a better experience than I did. Good luck!

you can play solo but your options are extremely limited. i myself managed to build a sloop and sail back to free port sounds great right?, but then you realise it decays faster then a chocolate in the sun and wake up to find it gone. So that leaves me with two options, join a company or go around griefing 

Well you can play solo byt then you almost need to rent land from a company. Gold/food/something for land. The game is new and i guess thiss will be the norm in some weeks.

I joined quite a small tribe 15+ there are tribes out there with 1.5k players I do agree if I was solo it would be impossible to do anything .

They should make smaller scale official servers and set a Max group limit of 3 max alliance number of 9 ( 9 people total) to allow these players to have some fun.

I completely agree with the original poster, this is not a good game for solos unless you like a lot of pain.

But my experience has been the complete opposite of most of the responders here.  The first thing I did in this game was look for company that was recruiting (just like I did in Eve), and joined one.  When I joined there were some complaints that the server issues meant that other companies were ahead of ours, but that didn't stop us from finding a suitable island within a few hours.  And the island that we found was already fully claimed... so we contested the claims and moved in.  And a day or so later we did the same thing to the next island over.  The fact that players can have multiple claims didn't really slow us down since you can contest and take over a claim in less than two hours.

Some of the companies in Atlas already have over a thousand players.  It isn't likely that you are going to be able to face that sort of beast on your own or even with a small group of friends.  And for me, that is exactly what I was hoping for.  If anything, what I would like to see in this game are Eve style markets (maybe in freeports) where companies can sell their goods to other companies without needing to create individual trade agreements.

But for all of the solo/small-group players, maybe they could have a separate server with a ruleset that is more friendly for that style of gameplay.  Adding in things like limited number of claims, and property protection.  Somewhere between PvE and the company-scale PvP server.

• Thanks 1

You people picked the wrong game if you were looking for a solo game. This is a PVP sandbox pirate MMO. Learn to socialize. Make friends, join a company (or pay for protection).

Maybe try unofficial where no companies allowed/only small ones.

This is a game built on being fucking pirates! Griefing galore is literally the whole point of the game. Don't expect to do much solo on official, which is NOT a bad thing.

• Like 1

I agree I wouldnt even stop at solo Id say it sucks for small teams. Every time some raft pulls up to our island from a lawless zone to try to make some territory and a base we just break their bed and kill them then capture the raft. Which can sometimes be like half a day of work for them and takes 1 minute for us. Then as soon as our base was wiped out (we were only a team of 8 at the time and a zerg of 50 attack us) we had the same experience where people would destroy all our progress every time we tried to venture out of the starter areas.

I've played a lot of games like this which are super punishing for casuals they tend to lose their playerbase really quickly. 

Good thing is : The Revenge is yours. Wait in a freeport till most players are offline, start in a freeport, build a few axes, buy a raft, sail to their galleons and sink them with your axe.