Captain Kuro

Ship of the Damned Idea

First of all, I have no complaints about them, I like that they are spawning more. On PvE, it was getting rather boring when sailing, and there is now a bit of challenge having to navigate around them.

For me though, I think they should be a lot more rare. Personally, I think they should be replaced with normal NPC enemy ships which are much weaker. And then have the Ghost ships as a much rarer spawn. For me, seeing a ghost ship should be an awesome sight, not just "oh another ghost ship".

Anyone else thinking similar to me?

This would help, as one of the big issues of with the ghost ships is that they appear to move independant of the wind, normal "pirate" and "trader" ship mobs would be nice

2 hours ago, Captain Kuro said:

First of all, I have no complaints about them, I like that they are spawning more. On PvE, it was getting rather boring when sailing, and there is now a bit of challenge having to navigate around them.

For me though, I think they should be a lot more rare. Personally, I think they should be replaced with normal NPC enemy ships which are much weaker. And then have the Ghost ships as a much rarer spawn. For me, seeing a ghost ship should be an awesome sight, not just "oh another ghost ship".

Anyone else thinking similar to me?

It would take them a good long while to make and design a whole new ship with different npc’s.... and getting them to work right? 

Yeah I believe that is a good fix but that wouldn’t happen for months at least.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

It would take them a good long while to make and design a whole new ship with different npc’s.... and getting them to work right? 

Yeah I believe that is a good fix but that wouldn’t happen for months at least.

Eh, perhaps not. The NPC ships could be based on the current player ships with some minor alterations... and the NPCs already exist as does the basic AI code to make them work (the ghost ships AI). We also don't know what they've been working on already. I'd like to think its always been the plan to add more NPC ships into the game (otherwise PVE is going to get boring quickly). 

What they could do is only make them spawn on golden age ruin grids. Where all the PvE stuff is anyway. 

• Like 1

They are not Ghost Ships they are Ships of the Damned! The Ghost Ship is a rare event spawn which requires specific circumstances to appear, I don’t believe it’s ever been seen on Officials.

Ships of the Damned are just a part of the main world antagonist’s forces, read the lore to understand better.

5 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Eh, perhaps not. The NPC ships could be based on the current player ships with some minor alterations... and the NPCs already exist as does the basic AI code to make them work (the ghost ships AI). We also don't know what they've been working on already. I'd like to think its always been the plan to add more NPC ships into the game (otherwise PVE is going to get boring quickly). 

Yeah unfortunately pve will get boring quickly. I mean they already have confirmed that breeding and old age death will be a thing but that hasn’t been implemented yet. 

I don’t see them rushing to do something not completely confirmed, when they still have to add everything that was confirmed. 

Who knows though you could be right but I also bet they break it 

I feel that the ships of the damned shouldnt be as (hyper agressive) as they are now still due to seeing usually more than 2 at a time.

I propose either making them either only agro if a ship has cannons on it, (this will still allow people to do trade runs in smaller ships without fear of getting sunk just traveling to the island north of them, etc.)

Or.... make them passive unless provoked, keeping thier pathing away from shoreline (yet still able to shoot if someone hogs the shore in thier ship) so they cant get stuck and pickaxed to death (atm this is the most effective way to kill them) and only target ships that have done damage to them to avoid sinking anchored ships after pulling agro

i see these as a mid to high tier boss, and atm they are just high tier bosses

Edited by Lillica
  • Like 1

Maybe they could replace the Ships of the Damned with "Clouds of the Damned". And when you or they encounter you, they turn in to a ship scaled to your ship.

When you are on a raft there be a Raft of the Damned that try to board you.

Just a Idea...

• Like 1