mattcscz

What are blueprints for?

Hi,

Does anybody know what blueprints are for? It seems kinda silly so I must be missing something, I can't make the item unless I have the skill, and it's not cheaper in mats? So if you need the skill then why are they needed?

Because the blueprints have a chance to spawn in with higher rarity, giving any item made from it better stats, such as HP, durability, and damage.

1 minute ago, Dragonchampion said:

Because the blueprints have a chance to spawn in with higher rarity, giving any item made from it better stats, such as HP, durability, and damage.

Interesting.

Do you know if material types have qualities and/or properties that can effect the output of any crafted item (food, weapon, tool, wall. etc)?  Or is finding an "epic" version of a recipe you know the only way to get a better version? And does it ask for specific consumables (i.e. copper vs. "metal") And is the blueprint consumed on use?

No, materials are just meant to be interchangeable depending on biome, for immersion's sake.

Finding a better quality blueprint of something you already know is the only way to get a better quality one.

Blueprints are blueprints; they can be used forever once you find them. One of the first things I am going to do when I find a decent tool or weapon blueprint is go to the closest freeport and hand out free copies to everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Also blueprints help you from have to put points in certain trees, essentially letting you bypass certain skill reqs.

4 minutes ago, Arzicane said:

Also blueprints help you from have to put points in certain trees, essentially letting you bypass certain skill reqs.

False. In ARK you could use BP's whenever you wanted in this game you actually require that skill to use the BP's

As for answer: BP's have higher durability and can have modifiers on them e.g. a bow bp can have 115.789% damage instead of a 100% bow. We did pick up some BP's from treasure hunting and we got armor and the armor's had a buff on them for instance we had one that raised HP, Speed and Melee Damage so its kinda like a Class Armor almost. Maybe Taro will unlock a way to remove modifiers or move them over to another item

10 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

Blueprints are blueprints; they can be used forever once you find them. One of the first things I am going to do when I find a decent tool or weapon blueprint is go to the closest freeport and hand out free copies to everyone.

I don't understand this part.

If you find a blueprint, don't you "consume" it when you learn it? How can you give copies of it out? Doesn't that devalue them completely if you can?

In some tradition games yes, in ark and in atlas, blueprints are not consumable. It promotes sharing and trading from my point of view, I am just use to it from my time in ark.

Yeah BP's aren't like Ark where if you have the BP you don't need to learn the skill which is kind of a let down. I have BP's for stone walls and flooring, don't really need to make journeyman versions of a wall, its a wall. 

12 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

No, materials are just meant to be interchangeable depending on biome, for immersion's sake.

Finding a better quality blueprint of something you already know is the only way to get a better quality one.

Are blueprints copiable in this game?

10 minutes ago, PlankGJE said:

Yeah BP's aren't like Ark where if you have the BP you don't need to learn the skill which is kind of a let down. I have BP's for stone walls and flooring, don't really need to make journeyman versions of a wall, its a wall. 

There are at present far more alphas than in Ark. If alphas are aggressive towards structures, having a sturdier wall might be useful even in pve.

7 hours ago, Dauron said:

We have BP and have the skill and materials, but cant craft it i am missing something?

Does the bp require a particular crafting station? Ie craftable at:  

if so you will need to place the np and mats on that station to craft.

Edited by boomervoncannon

So to clarify on a few points about the blueprints... 

1. Blueprints offer you the ability to craft higher quality buildings/parts/tools/etc following the common, green, blue, purple, gold, colour theme.

2. Every blueprint you find has a total amount of times it can be crafted (this is noted in the text of the item and the number on the top left of it, this craft also has a durability modifier that can be different even if its the same blueprint. (Meaning you could farm for high dura blueprints)

3. The materials required for blueprints are where it gets interesting, you may notice for example a green blueprint would say (wood x 2) 60, what this means is you need 2 different types of wood, both at 60. This trend follows by one additional type per quality, 3 for blue, 4 for purple, and 5 for gold

4. The different types of blueprints are obtained from Floatsam (general buildings and building  parts), treasure maps (weapons/tools/armor), and finally the infamous "ships of the damned" (ship part blueprints/cannons/sails)

5. You need the skill to normally craft them as well.

hope this clarifies your questions.

Edit. Added point 5

Edited by Lillica
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Arzicane said:

In some tradition games yes, in ark and in atlas, blueprints are not consumable. It promotes sharing and trading from my point of view, I am just use to it from my time in ark.

No, it promotes raiding. That is the only reason they are not consumable 

2 hours ago, Realist said:

No, it promotes raiding. That is the only reason they are not consumable 

And another can argue in a pve, it promotes trading, or selling of wares. It also applies to PVP as well, but the current state it is in...zerg is all they know.