Jump to content

Ranson

Official Xbox/PC cross platform

Recommended Posts

Am I correct in reading that the only servers that will be cross platform are unofficial?

Or am I mistaken and will it in reality be Official PvP servers where Xbox players can play with and against PC players?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ranson said:

Am I correct in reading that the only servers that will be cross platform are unofficial?

Or am I mistaken and will it in reality be Official PvP servers where Xbox players can play with and against PC players?

 

Players will be able to host Unofficial Xbox and Crossplay servers via Nitrado. This means that players can host unofficial crossplay servers via Nitrado.

 

 

Ok hope so, this made it seems as unofficial was the only option.

 

Found a coincidentally broken link while trying to verify, 

Main Additions/Content

Xbox Crossplay now supported (coming to Xbox on the 8th of October: https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/atlas-news/news/captain’s-log-37-atlas-arrives-on-xbox-with-steam-pc-crossplay-r213/)

 

I do hope this is only an unfortunate and untimely mistake

 

 

Edited by Ranson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Let me assure you that official servers are crossplay, as it has been a hotly debated issue here for weeks if not months.

 

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. What it means I that officials are cross platform but unofficials can be EITHER cross platform or non cross platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Realist said:

No. What it means I that officials are cross platform but unofficials can be EITHER cross platform or non cross platform 

Still applying for that communications job I see. You are of course correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Still applying for that communications job I see. You are of course correct.

Yeah, these guys need to get twitter lol jat has tweeting like 20 different things in the past hour lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Realist said:

Yeah, these guys need to get twitter lol jat has tweeting like 20 different things in the past hour lol

Yeah it’s so very important they go sign up for a social media platform they clearly don’t need otherwise instead of actually getting information from the game’s official forums. Why would anyone think that’s a good place to get information?  🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah it’s so very important they go sign up for a social media platform they clearly don’t need otherwise instead of actually getting information from the game’s official forums. Why would anyone think that’s a good place to get information?  🙄

Because unfortunately they are more talkative there. Not saying it is right, just saying what it is. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I run a Nitrado server since before the crossplay. Can xbox join my server? My son wants to play with us on xbox but my server does not come up in the que even with the unofficial tab selected. Aslo, we run mods so how does that work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know xboxers can't do the mods yet, so maybe that's why your server is a no show. Although I used to play on private servers when I first started and they both disappeared from my list never to be seen by me again, after starting over twice I stuck to the official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many people play unofficial so let's hope they address mods very quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

As far as I know xboxers can't do the mods yet, so maybe that's why your server is a no show. Although I used to play on private servers when I first started and they both disappeared from my list never to be seen by me again, after starting over twice I stuck to the official.

I wouldn’t bother with the word yet. Xbox doesn’t do mods at all. That would be a whole new can of worms to get approved by Microsoft since the mods aren’t from the developers themselves.

hence why ark on Xbox after almost 4 years still doesn’t have mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kial said:

So many people play unofficial so let's hope they address mods very quickly.

Wont happen unfortunately. It would be way too complicated and expensive to do that. Steam allows almost anything, Microsoft does not. Microsoft wouldn’t even be dealing with grapeshot anymore at that point. They would be dealing with the mod group which since they are not the actual game developer that would makes things very annoying. 

Especially with how steam will just release a mod but it would take probably months to get a mod approved for console. Since we are doing crossplay that means that the pc people would no longer get mods as well until Microsoft approved them.

that is something that pc players wouldn’t on dislike but border line hate. The fate of every single update, mod or official lies with Microsoft now. Steam no longer has control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, didnt think of it that way.  May actually hurt the game not even one year after coming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Kial said:

True, didnt think of it that way.  May actually hurt the game not even one year after coming out.

As long as they can get their 💩 together they can still save it. Ark is doing just fine on console and they don’t have mods even 4 years out.

they just need to improve the base game(optimizations/content) and they will be ok. It is on their road map but let’s see if they stick to it.

mods would definitely be cool but Xbox players are still very new so there is still plenty of stuff to experience for now at least.

hey hopefully they can pull off mods for console. That would be awesome. If they do that for atlas before ark though.... man there would be a lot of mad ark players lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mods on Xbox are possible, Bethesda allow mods on Xbox One on Skyrim and Fallout 4.

I have no idea why Ark or Atlas don't have the option.

Edited by WilliamMitchell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, WilliamMitchell said:

Mods on Xbox are possible, Bethesda allow mods on Xbox One on Skyrim and Fallout 4.

I have no idea why Ark or Atlas don't have the option.

It isn’t Bethesda that allows the mods. Microsoft allows Bethesda to have mods on their game.

it also depends on if the developers themselves make the mods of if a third party makes the mods but ultimately it is Microsoft that makes the decision on allowing mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an established server. My son just wants to play with us. Lol well hopefully one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played atlas since release on pc and now i'm playing on xbox too, and tbh I've never used mods anyway so I wouldn't be missing anything. The only mod I was ever tempted to download was the graph mod that gave you extra and better looking buildings and items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, Realist said:

It isn’t Bethesda that allows the mods. Microsoft allows Bethesda to have mods on their game.

it also depends on if the developers themselves make the mods of if a third party makes the mods but ultimately it is Microsoft that makes the decision on allowing mods

My point was that mods on xbox are a thing, the ones for those games are community made mods not developer made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is because atlas is cross play they will have to look into allowing the mods eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×